AudioRealism's ABL3 Song Challenge | The Announcement

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
hydlide

13 Jun 2015

Ronin wrote: holy shit dude, you absolute legend, that was awesome!

I had a quick try, but i dont know CV stuff and couldnt get anywhere near to the level of the tracks in this thread.
Good work peeps, some great acid/psy ambient whatever stuff, taking me back to illegal raves in the 90s in fields :)

Thanx Ronin,
It didn't require that much CV Stuff in this track. Only real CV stuff happening here is some form of modulation to make the Mod Env a bit more dynamic. Eg: LFO (Mod A/B from the Malstrom in this case) and connect this to the CV input.
The real banger on this track was to use a dual stage Scream 4 unit on this. Since I was missing distortion on the ABL-3, I kind of did some fancy stuff using audio and throw this against a 2 stage Scream 4 unit.
Have the setting on "Scream", and open up the Parameter 2 (eg, go from 0 to 127 on P2). That will do the trick ;)
Also the a similar unit was used for creating some dazzling effects (yup, some of the effects at the end are just ABL3 routed through some effect units). 
Hope this makes sense. 

Exowildebeest

15 Jun 2015

joeyluck wrote:Of all the song competitions, I think this one is my favorite :)

It's really cool to hear how folks are using the ABL3.
Lots of creative stuff.

And not to say I don't like the other competitions, I just enjoy this one more.

Competitions with some other synths and romplers which are packed with presets and a vast collection of different sounds; it's sometimes hard to tell a competition song (specific to a device) from anything else. And it's hard to tell exactly what's going on based on an audio file. 

This however, even though people are making the 303 in some cases sound not like a 303, I can at least know in my mind exactly what they are using, and that is cool :)

Very well said :)

Reasonistas
RE Developer

16 Jun 2015

We will announce the top 3 winners tomorrow if all goes according to plan.  Many entries were great so this has been a difficult competition to judge. 
ImageImageImage

• Information