In praise of Carve

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
virtualpt

08 May 2015

Just wanted to say how useful I am finding Carve. It is one of my favourite REs. It is amazing for getting that thing to pop through the mix in the right place & at the right time. I'm working on a track with a big noisy pad bed & putting carve on it & driving it from the vocals makes the whole track sound cleaner, but without losing what the pad brings.

If you haven't tried this RE out yet, give it a go :)

zeebot

08 May 2015

Yeah, I beta tested it and really liked its concept and what it does. Unfortunately I couldn't fully test it and contribute due to personal matters.
It is certainly on my to buy list!
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

challism

09 May 2015

I also beta tested it, and also was not able to contribute much.  It is on my "want to buy" list too.  Great, little RE.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

gullum

09 May 2015

I have it and like it a lot although I don't use it that much, but it is really grate when eqing don't do it, put carve on it and problem solved 

deankay

11 May 2015

I trialed Carve and although I really like it I found that it was imparting some low frequency noise to the ducked instrument, which it should not be doing at all.
Shokstar discovered this issue and I confirmed it by accident when I was ducking a over-processed bass guitar and I discovered that the compression was causing my signal to clip. It took me ages to work out that Carve was causing the problem.
What I could see was that carve was imparting inaudible, low-frequency noise. But when I crushed the signal with compression it could be heard in the form of clipping.
I addressed the issue in the Carve thread but nothing has been done about it.
I will not purchase this device until it's fixed, it's a bug. 

Eagleizer

11 May 2015

virtualpt wrote:Just wanted to say how useful I am finding Carve. It is one of my favourite REs. It is amazing for getting that thing to pop through the mix in the right place & at the right time. I'm working on a track with a big noisy pad bed & putting carve on it & driving it from the vocals makes the whole track sound cleaner, but without losing what the pad brings.

An example would be nice. ;)

Cheers :)

deankay

11 May 2015

virtualpt wrote:Just wanted to say how useful I am finding Carve. It is one of my favourite REs. It is amazing for getting that thing to pop through the mix in the right place & at the right time. I'm working on a track with a big noisy pad bed & putting carve on it & driving it from the vocals makes the whole track sound cleaner, but without losing what the pad brings.

Eagleizer wrote:
An example would be nice. ;)

Cheers :)
I'm sure you must be talking to me. :)
I can upload an example, the only issue I have is that I did the video on a version of Screenflow that I haven't upgraded to. I would redo the video in the version I actually own but my trial for carve is over. So the video export says demo all over it and it's really embarrassing.

But I will upload it anyway if you're ok with that?

Yonatan

19 Jun 2015

deankay "I trialed Carve and although I really like it I found that it was imparting some low frequency noise to the ducked instrument, which it should not be doing at all.
Shokstar discovered this issue and I confirmed it by accident when I was ducking a over-processed bass guitar and I discovered that the compression was causing my signal to clip. It took me ages to work out that Carve was causing the problem.
What I could see was that carve was imparting inaudible, low-frequency noise. But when I crushed the signal with compression it could be heard in the form of clipping.
I addressed the issue in the Carve thread but nothing has been done about it.
I will not purchase this device until it's fixed, it's a bug." 

- Just looking at Carve and wonder if this issue is still there? Cannot see anything about it in here...

Theo.M

19 Jun 2015

yep, and i love the fact it is zero latency.. a very useful tool.. Can be used quite creatively also, not just as a mixing tool ;)

Gaja

19 Jun 2015

OchenK is legend!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

• Information