ReNews | Kuassa's Kratos Maximizer Rack Extension

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Theo.M

15 May 2015

Hmm, I have never gotten the vst of this to sound better than or as good as ozone, so will be curious if the RE does anything different.

I always rated it as an average mastering limiter in my tests (sorry guys).

ProfessaKaos

16 May 2015

Theo.M wrote:Hmm, I have never gotten the vst of this to sound better than or as good as ozone, so will be curious if the RE does anything different.

I always rated it as an average mastering limiter in my tests (sorry guys).

But it looks pretty ;)
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Lunesis

17 May 2015

RESTART

mind2069

17 May 2015

Lunesis wrote:RESTART
Good idear and it does look dam good

Theo.M

17 May 2015

lost me there!  :?

Lunesis

17 May 2015

Theo.M wrote:

lost me there!  :?
Got a complaint so I deleted all of the OT bickering about women and misogyny instead of locking the thread or banning anybody. Let's start fresh.

EnochLight

17 May 2015

Awesome; I tip my fedora.  Very much looking forward to trying Kratos RE out.  I almost gave the VST a spin but just don't have time right now.  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

gak

17 May 2015

This is kinda my next step territory. I think the maximizer is "ok" but when it comes out I'll put ozone/kratos and the other one that is popular (which I can't remember the name straight off)

joeyluck

17 May 2015

I seem to do fine with the MClass, so never really considered the another maximizer such as the Ozone. I'm a huge fan of Kuassa however, they make excellent products and are quite involved in the RE format...And clearly more involved than iZotope. Chances are I'll strongly consider this one :)  

mind2069

18 May 2015

joeyluck wrote:I seem to do fine with the MClass, so never really considered the another maximizer such as the Ozone. I'm a huge fan of Kuassa however, they make excellent products and are quite involved in the RE format...And clearly more involved than iZotope. Chances are I'll strongly consider this one :)  

Weird, mclass is absolute garbage for mastering by today standars. In terms of quality, the ozone is light years ahead.

I not trying to start a flame war or something, I really wonder how can anyone have a good results with this (on a full mix) maybe just limiting 1 or 2db, even when it came out I thought it was awful an now in 2015, its an absolute joke.

If you are limiting very lightly, then maybe its ok, but I was never able to get a track to todays average level (rock, metal, hiphop, dance ect) without it screwing up the mix, the highs gets terrible so quickly.

I only use it sometimes when limiting a track (single instrument) a max of 2db because of its low latency.

But I like it design, thin, clear layout, nice meter, if they could just update the dsp.

Im pretty sure kratos will be better than the mclass.

Im awaiting to see how it compares to the ozone.

joeyluck

18 May 2015

joeyluck wrote:I seem to do fine with the MClass, so never really considered the another maximizer such as the Ozone. I'm a huge fan of Kuassa however, they make excellent products and are quite involved in the RE format...And clearly more involved than iZotope. Chances are I'll strongly consider this one :)  

mind2069 wrote:
Weird, mclass is absolute garbage for mastering by today standars. In terms of quality, the ozone is light years ahead.

I not trying to start a flame war or something, I really wonder how can anyone have a good results with this (on a full mix) maybe just limiting 1 or 2db, even when it came out I thought it was awful an now in 2015, its an absolute joke.

If you are limiting very lightly, then maybe its ok, but I was never able to get a track to todays average level (rock, metal, hiphop, dance ect) without it screwing up the mix, the highs gets terrible so quickly.

I only use it sometimes when limiting a track (single instrument) a max of 2db because of its low latency.

But I like it design, thin, clear layout, nice meter, if they could just update the dsp.

Im pretty sure kratos will be better than the mclass.

Im awaiting to see how it compares to the ozone.
Lol no flame war initiated here :)

I think it works for me simply because it works for me. It might have to do with types of music, might have to do with the style and techniques of mixing before maximizing, might have to do with the way the maximizer is used, and also probably has to do with the intended result.

I tried Ozone when it first hit the shop back in the "I'm so excited, I'm trying every RE at once even though I don't really have time to test all of these and give them my full consideration" phase lol. About 3 years ago? So, likely since I can't try it again, Kratos will have more of my consideration for an alternative maximizer. I don't see iZotope resetting trials... It seems some of their employees don't even know about the Rack Extension :|

Marco Raaphorst

19 May 2015

The Ozone sounds very transparant but it's latency sometimes causes trouble for me. 

In general I believe a limiter is rather limited in it's use. I'd rather use the SSL Master Buss on the whole mix and keeps the dynamics optimised by just "riding the faders".

• Information