Free MoPol Polyphonic CV Merger in the Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dvdrtldg

08 May 2015

I guess what I'm not 100% sure about is the difference between 
  • Logical AND of connected Gates 1-8
and
  • Logical OR of connected Gates 1-8
Seems like AND is the sum of the signals, but what about OR?

buddard
RE Developer

08 May 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:I guess what I'm not 100% sure about is the difference between 
  • Logical AND of connected Gates 1-8
and
  • Logical OR of connected Gates 1-8
Seems like AND is the sum of the signals, but what about OR?
AND: The gate output will be High/On as long as all notes are held, i e all connected gate inputs are High/On. If you release one note, then the entire chord stops playing.

OR: The gate output will be High/On as long as at least one note is held. All notes in the chord will sound until the last note is released, i e all connected gate inputs are Low/Off. This is how RPG-8 handles MIDI chords, and this is also why I made Step behave this way.

ncurry

08 May 2015

mrj1nx wrote: Awesome! Finally I don't have to have 4 devices, with the same patch... finally i can tweak the sounds and experiment etc... You essentially un-gimped Mercury. Thanks!
I tried exactly that. It's SOOO much easier to use know without requiring multiple instruments. Thank, Mr. Panda!

FGL

09 May 2015

Also, many Thanks. This is incredible useful.

Biolumin3sc3nt

09 May 2015

Wow...Thank you! I had some fun times using multiple matrix's with ties in random places (and of course notes too). Using the 3 modes had some unexpected results. Super cool indeed!

Benedict
Competition Winner

10 May 2015

This is nice, Thanks

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

nikolafeve

11 May 2015

Thank you Panda :)
Reason 10 - UA Apollo Twin -  OSX 10.13.6 - MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB

GRIFTY

15 May 2015

will this baby merge two polyphonic signals into a single, bigger polyphonic signal?

rcbuse
RE Developer

15 May 2015

GRIFTY wrote:will this baby merge two polyphonic signals into a single, bigger polyphonic signal?
It doesn't respond to polyphonic signals on the input.  At the point of an output gate on, it samples all the note CV inputs and gate levels then queues them up.  Any changes to the note CV or gate after that get ignored until the next gate on.

hamu

16 May 2015

GRIFTY wrote:will this baby merge two polyphonic signals into a single, bigger polyphonic signal?
rcbuse wrote:
It doesn't respond to polyphonic signals on the input.  At the point of an output gate on, it samples all the note CV inputs and gate levels then queues them up.  Any changes to the note CV or gate after that get ignored until the next gate on.
I tried the likewise free CV Gateway to do this, but it will not work correctly when the signals change at exactly the same time, as is the case for synced devices.

Mingler however works in a different way, and will listen to all changes on any of the inputs, gate or note doesn't matter, and immediately add these to the output que. It will work for mingling (merging) polyphonic output signals from two MoPols into one signal. I just tried it to be 100% sure.  :)

psychasm

16 May 2015

rcbuse wrote:https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... cv-merger/

MoPol Polyphonic CV Merger converts 8 CV Gate/Note inputs and merges them into a single CV Gate/Note output.
[*]8 CV Gate/Note Inputs[/*][*]3 different CV Gate/Note Outputs[/*]
  • Gate Input 1 Copy
  • Logical AND of connected Gates 1-8 (All connected gates must be on) 
  • Logical OR of connected Gates 1-8 (Any connected gate is on)

Very handy device indeed in reducing the amount of instruments needed to be triggered in a chord. Thanks for this release  :)

• Information