Upcoming Rack Extensions - May 2015 Edition

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
JoshuaPhilgarlic

07 May 2015

Noel G. wrote:Image 
I remember that in another thread the new Redrock synth was announced for "Victory Day" which is May 9 ;) !!

joeyluck

07 May 2015

Bonkhead wrote:
Alkua wrote:Image 

This is the First New Rack Extension of May and nobody Mentioned in this thread.
Bonkhead wrote:  
Lol, indeed, I thought it was the haas mixer, which had the same positioning in the shop after the update. I only look at images changing.
Same thing happened for many folks when Numerical Sound released a new reverb...

pjeudy

07 May 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote: I remember that in another thread the new Redrock synth was announced for "Victory Day" which is May 9 ;) !!
I can't wait to get my hands on this. But I don't think Props releases devices on weekends ! They shoul IMO
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Lizard

07 May 2015

xxASMxx wrote:I am really interested to see how this RE turns out.  I had asked Bitley if he had ever sampled it for synth patches.  I still have a JX-3P chasis, the keyoard and electronics fell victim when our storage unit flooded several years ago.  This synth always created some of the oddest basic sterile-type sounds when I tinkered with it.  Maybe sterile isn't the best descriptive.   Not the most versatile synth but very unique and fun in its own way.

Looking forward to the release.
Thanks for the interest xxASMxx.  I can assure this will have the original 32 presets form the unit.  Beyond that I've tried to gather as many unique tone types as possible (planned 128 in total).  These will be easy to access like the original unit by choosing from any of 8 banks of 16 presets.  The user can freely adjust the AMP envelope to their needs turning say an organ with a fast attack into a more pad-like patch.  Some filter and LFO modulation from original patches will be sampled with the sample sets but there is an extra level of LFO and filter types to further add to the sound.  I've also included a shaper that should be able to alter the tone of the original sample set.  And.. of course there is the effect chain of your more common types.  The original unit had a Chorus of a single setting.  It is very warm and is challengning to reproduce using IDT but I think I've accommodated nicely.  The original Chorus is kinda noisy (IMO) but indeed very warm.  The sample sets are recorded without the Chorus to keep them a little more useable.  I still think the character of the JX-3P is well represented here for those familiar with the original.  It should provide a unique level of control to sampled material in an expected affordable refill price range.  I'll certainly keep those interested up to date.

MDTerps2015

07 May 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote: I remember that in another thread the new Redrock synth was announced for "Victory Day" which is May 9 ;) !!
pjeudy wrote: I can't wait to get my hands on this. But I don't think Props releases devices on weekends ! They shoul IMO
Is this even in beta yet. Take so long for the instruments to drop as opposed to effects. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

ScuzzyEye

07 May 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:Take so long for the instruments to drop as opposed to effects. 
Instruments are hard.™

Reasonistas
RE Developer

07 May 2015

Kuassa, Inc.'s Kratos Maximizer coming soon to Propellerhead Software Reason.

Kratos Maximizer is a transparent, mastering grade look-ahead brickwall limiter and loudness maximizer. Insert it into your mastering bus channel to produce that loud, commercial quality sound out of your mix without the squashing effect and artifacts. The Kratos Maximizer provides simple, precise control over the loudness level via the main Maximize knob. It also offers the features necessary for more in-depth use; giving control over Texture, Release, Knee, and Ceiling, allowing for increased loudness without compromising the original color and dynamics of your mix.

Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-05-07_at_7.09.15_PM.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-05-07_at_7.09.15_PM.jpg (100.88 KiB) Viewed 973 times
ImageImageImage

Alkua

18 May 2015

Another Rack Extension that came from nowhere

Attachments
Fat_Space.png
Fat_Space.png (125.21 KiB) Viewed 1199 times

Alkua

22 May 2015