Upcoming Rack Extensions - May 2015 Edition

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Faastwalker

04 May 2015

Anyone know if Lectric Panda's Propulsion outputs note CV? It looks like it's aimed more at drums. But it looks like it would make a pretty amazing step sequencer. I guess that might infringe on Korde's territory somewhat.

rcbuse
RE Developer

04 May 2015

Faastwalker wrote:Anyone know if Lectric Panda's Propulsion outputs note CV? It looks like it's aimed more at drums. But it looks like it would make a pretty amazing step sequencer. I guess that might infringe on Korde's territory somewhat.
Sorry, this one is nothing but gate out for triggering percussion.

Faastwalker

05 May 2015

Faastwalker wrote:Anyone know if Lectric Panda's Propulsion outputs note CV? It looks like it's aimed more at drums. But it looks like it would make a pretty amazing step sequencer. I guess that might infringe on Korde's territory somewhat.
rcbuse wrote:
Sorry, this one is nothing but gate out for triggering percussion.
Okay. Thanks for clarifying ;)

boobytrap

05 May 2015

Primal Audio - FM 4 

finally can feel the true power of FM SYNTHESIS  :s0221:
Reason 8 + Rack Extensions

FL Studio - Bitwig - Renoise - Massive - Zebra2 - Hive - Cyclop - Ozone 6

pjeudy

05 May 2015

Sweet Dreams are made of these :
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

jfrichards

05 May 2015

Faastwalker wrote:Anyone know if Lectric Panda's Propulsion outputs note CV? ...
Sample 16 sequential pentatonic staccato notes from any instrument (or use 16 wav clips from any sample set) and load them into Kong, then Propulsion will be sort of a 3-octave note sequencer.

EntityMusicEnt

05 May 2015

mrj1nx wrote:I just trialed ABL2 and realised something. Neither ABL2 or 3 (from the looks of it) supports pitch bend. DOH! :s0959:  I myself is one of those that plays pretty much constantly with the pitch stick, and not being able to shape the phrasing freely is a pretty strong dealbreaker for me. I guess I'll try to emulate the sound in thor instead.. I get the whole "emulation of the original" thing though, but why not add such an obvious improvement? (heres a vid of me playing with the pitch bend btw: 
Couldn't you just place the RE in a Combinator to excess pitch and mod wheel control?
:PUF_figure: :reason: :re: :ignition: :record: :refill: :reload: :rt: Scarlett 2i2 2nd Gen - Blue Spark - NI Maschine Mikro mk2 - Nektar Impact LX25 - Motif ES6 - Sony MDR-7506 - Presonus Eris E5

SebAudio

05 May 2015

boobytrap wrote:Primal Audio - FM 4 

Your signature tells you own PX7 : isn't it which should be the FM Master ?

EnochLight

05 May 2015

SebAudio wrote: Your signature tells you own PX7 : isn't it which should be the FM Master ?
:D

Attachments
booby_trap.jpg
booby_trap.jpg (66.6 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

SebAudio

05 May 2015

SebAudio wrote: Your signature tells you own PX7 : isn't it which should be the FM Master ?
EnochLight wrote:
:D
EnochLight wrote: 
Oops...

Reasonistas
RE Developer

05 May 2015

This just in:

16. Lectric Panda's MoPol pseudo polyphonic CV device.

rcbuse wrote:Lots of people have asked for Korde to be able to output the pseudo polyphonic CV that all the stock reason synths support.  I've been holding off on adding it, and finally decided to just make a separate device that will do the conversion.  At least this way it can be used with all the other sequencers like matrix and whatnot.  It will be headed for acceptance testing very soon.

Image  Image
ImageImageImage

rcbuse
RE Developer

05 May 2015

Noel G. wrote:This just in:

rcbuse wrote:Lots of people have asked for Korde to be able to output the pseudo polyphonic CV that all the stock reason synths support.  I've been holding off on adding it, and finally decided to just make a separate device that will do the conversion.  At least this way it can be used with all the other sequencers like matrix and whatnot.  It will be headed for acceptance testing very soon.

Image  Image
Noel G. wrote:
This one is going to be a freebie too.

pjeudy

05 May 2015

Noel G. wrote:This just in:

Image  Image
Noel G. wrote:
rcbuse wrote:
This one is going to be a freebie too.
Nice one !
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eusti

05 May 2015

rcbuse wrote: This one is going to be a freebie too.
Great news! Thank you! :)

D.

gak

06 May 2015

This is crazy!

Man, reason has saved my LIFE musically in the last few months. And to boot we get kick-ass free or cheap "get 'er done" stuff? Amazing. 

FXbypass

06 May 2015

Re: ProPulsion: I hope the Mute and Solo-buttons (upper right corner) will be automatable? Would be very useful!
I have been sequencing drums with Korde but Propulsion will definitely be better suited for drumpatterns. Looking forward to this!

Re: Jackboxes: I hope they make a Casio RZ-1 too!  :D
Although you easily can use a Kong instead, I kind of like the simplicity of these boxes. The 707 sits nicely in the rack.

Re: FM4, I can't wait! I love FM synths and this one looks very easy to program, will be a lot of fun!

Alkua

06 May 2015

This is the First New Rack Extension of May and nobody Mentioned in this thread.
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-05-06_at_8.31.03_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-05-06_at_8.31.03_AM.png (75.78 KiB) Viewed 2671 times

chimp_spanner

06 May 2015

pjeudy wrote:Sweet Dreams are made of these :
Yes. Please.

rcbuse
RE Developer

06 May 2015

FXbypass wrote:Re: ProPulsion: I hope the Mute and Solo-buttons (upper right corner) will be automatable? Would be very useful!
I have been sequencing drums with Korde but Propulsion will definitely be better suited for drumpatterns. Looking forward to this!
Mute and Solo will be automatable, they are not tied to any pattern, they are global. 

chimp_spanner

06 May 2015

FXbypass wrote:Re: ProPulsion: I hope the Mute and Solo-buttons (upper right corner) will be automatable? Would be very useful!
rcbuse wrote:
Mute and Solo will be automatable, they are not tied to any pattern, they are global. 
Really cool, as you can create variations on your patterns (no kick, top loop, whatever) without having to re-program. One question/request though; will it function like the mute function on all other devices? I got the System 9 sequencer and it's really cool but the mute button sends a short on/off pulse that toggles the mute state, meaning it's possible for things to become inverted. It also means the default automation value has no purpose (at least until an update). Where it should be:

_________---------_______

Unmuted   Muted   Unmuted

Will Propulsion work like this?

rcbuse
RE Developer

06 May 2015

chimp_spanner wrote: Really cool, as you can create variations on your patterns (no kick, top loop, whatever) without having to re-program. One question/request though; will it function like the mute function on all other devices? I got the System 9 sequencer and it's really cool but the mute button sends a short on/off pulse that toggles the mute state, meaning it's possible for things to become inverted. It also means the default automation value has no purpose (at least until an update). Where it should be:

_________---------_______

Unmuted   Muted   Unmuted

Will Propulsion work like this?
Yes, the automation values will match the state of the mute/solo as you would expect. 

chimp_spanner

07 May 2015

Excellent :) Looking forward to this release then. Will definitely be getting it as a companion to Korde.

Bonkhead

07 May 2015

Alkua wrote:Image 

This is the First New Rack Extension of May and nobody Mentioned in this thread.

Lol, indeed, I thought it was the haas mixer, which had the same positioning in the shop after the update. I only look at images changing.

xxASMxx

07 May 2015

Lizard wrote:Under Development and still in Alpha..... but hopefully not much longer before moving to beta.

I am really interested to see how this RE turns out.  I had asked Bitley if he had ever sampled it for synth patches.  I still have a JX-3P chasis, the keyoard and electronics fell victim when our storage unit flooded several years ago.  This synth always created some of the oddest basic sterile-type sounds when I tinkered with it.  Maybe sterile isn't the best descriptive.   Not the most versatile synth but very unique and fun in its own way.

Looking forward to the release.

xxASMxx

07 May 2015

11.  Devoloop's "Holedo" Dynamics Expander awaiting Ph shop approval
Very interested in this RE as well and hope to see it soon.

• Information