Upcoming Rack Extensions - May 2015 Edition

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Reasonistas
RE Developer

01 May 2015

In the spirit of teamwork and PUF tradition, I've decided to help electrochoc and continue with the monthly "Upcoming Rack Extensions" threads.
Here is the May 2015 edition.  In the interest of time I will only provide the name and function of the devices (if known) and any available images.  
Please feel free to update us on anything we've missed.
SUMMARY (in no particular order)
  1. Ochen K - Drive synth - in beta   
  2. AudioRealism - ABL3 Bass Synth (303 emulation) - in beta
  3. Ocean of Waves - Concert470 - Sampled FM Synthesizer  - in beta
  4. Primal Audio - FM4 Synth - in beta
  5. Reveral Sound Spire -  Spire Synth - in development   
  6. ScuzzyEye - SU-27 Surround Matrix Decoder - in development
  7. ScuzzyEye - Synth - in development
  8. Red Rock Sound - first original synth - in development
  9. Jiggery Pokery - X-705 Combo Organ - in development
  10. Devoloop - Rhino Analogue Distortion Module - awaiting shop approval
  11. Devoloop - Holedo Dynamics Expander - awaiting Ph shop approvaL
  12. Zvork - unknown device leaked via their Facebook page
  13. Studio Corbach - Mixfood Unison XS sampled-based synth - in beta?
  14. Lectric Panda - Propulsion drum sequencer - in beta?. 
  15. Lectric Panda - Skope M4 four channel audio and cv display - in beta?
  16. Lectric Panda - MoPol pseudo polyphonic CV device - in acceptance testing
  17. Combinator HQ - THR33-P - in development and still in Alpha. Beta coming soon.
  18. Quadelectra - "Jackbox" IDT drum devices of the legendary Roland 808 and 909 drum machines - in beta
  19. Kuassa - Kratos Maximizer - in beta.

1.  Ochen K's Drive synth is in beta.  YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tgM4AAogk

2.  AudioRealism's ABL3 Bass Synth (303 emulation) is in beta with upcoming Reasonistas song challenge to be announced. Image   

3.  New Dev, Ocean of Waves' Concert470 is a sampled FM Synthesizer Rack Extension in Beta

4.  Primal Audio's FM4 Re synth is in beta.
Here FM4 for iPad in case you didn't know the original version.Image  

5.  Reveral Sound Spire continue to develop Spire Synth RE format for Reason.   Note:  This is an image of their VST version.Image  
6.  Unless something unforeseen happens, I'll have the beta build of the SU-27 Surround Matrix Decoder together this weekend. Just finishing up some stuff in the GUI right now. It'll be a short beta period (it doesn't do all that much), and hopefully it'll be in the store in around the second week of May (it'll be a $9 RE--it doesn't do all that much).  Then I'll get back to the synth.

Here's what it's looking like at this very moment (in fancy 3D):

7.  Another ScuzzyEye Re is a new synth: "I've got all the GUI inputs on the front panel now. Again, this isn't the final design, or positioning, but I can replicate all parts of a factory patch now (but still need more DSP code before it will sound the same)."

8. Red Rock Sound also advised they are working on their first original synth leaking this partial image on their FB page:
"According to user requests, several waveforms simultaneously with adjustment band independently for each."
9.  Jiggery Pokery's X-705 Combo Organ

10.  Devoloop's "Rhino" Analogue Distortion Module awaiting shop approval

11.  Devoloop's "Holedo" Dynamics Expander awaiting Ph shop approval

12.  Zvork's unknown device leaked via their Facebook page

13. Studio Corbach's Mixfood Unison XS is a sampled-based synth Re (in beta?) -  http://www.studiocorbach.nl/mixfood-unison-xs/

14. Lectric Panda's "Propulsion" for sequencing beats. 

15. Lectric Panda's Four Channel "Skope M4".  Displays work when folded as well.

16. Lectric Panda's MoPol
"Lots of people have asked for Korde to be able to output the pseudo polyphonic CV that all the stock reason synths support.  I've been holding off on adding it, and finally decided to just make a separate device that will do the conversion.  At least this way it can be used with all the other sequencers like matrix and whatnot.  It will be headed for acceptance testing very soon."

Image  Image 

17.  Combinator HQ's THR33-P us under Development and still in Alpha..... but hopefully not much longer before moving to beta.  This is an IDT based Re as since it is it will sample based.  But as planned it will have 8 banks of 16 (128 instruments) multi-sampled from the original unit.  I've tried to add as much (if not more) functionality into this to exceed the abilities of the original.  Among the instruments will be pure saw, square, pulse and noise waveforms so users can create in combinators.

For those not familiar with the original... here ya go....

18. Quadelectra's "Jackbox" IDT drum devices of the legendary Roland 808 and 909 drum machines.  In beta.

[img]webkit-fake-url://C4EA5957-DE08-4E51-B36E-A3FE547F29F6/11201175_879755938752486_7049297381388807903_n.jpg[/img]

19.  Kuassa, Inc.'s Kratos Maximizer coming soon to Propellerhead Software Reason.

Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-05-07_at_7.09.15_PM.jpg
Screen_Shot_2015-05-07_at_7.09.15_PM.jpg (100.88 KiB) Viewed 1750 times
ImageImageImage

gak

01 May 2015

Thanks! 
Attachments
img_fullview.png
img_fullview.png (284.87 KiB) Viewed 3077 times

Tincture

01 May 2015

Thanks Noel. (and Electro...)

I can't wait to try Ochen's new synth. I really think that is going to take some beating for breakdowns/fills/drops etc. Love the architechure.

Didn't know about the Red Rock one ... could be nice!

EnochLight

01 May 2015

Hey Noel - I think that's supposed to be Reveal Sound Spire, not Several.  :)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

pjeudy

01 May 2015

small edit, that synth from Red Rock is actually there second Synth! Ivoks is there first even though it's a emulation.This new one could be considered as there first Original from the gown up Synth :-) 
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Reasonistas
RE Developer

01 May 2015

EnochLight wrote:Hey Noel - I think that's supposed to be Reveal Sound Spire, not Several.  :)
Thanks.  Typo corrected.
pjeudy wrote:small edit, that synth from Red Rock is actually there second Synth! Ivoks is there first even though it's a emulation.This new one could be considered as there first Original from the gown up Synth :-) 
Okay, I've changed to say their first original synth.  Thank you.
ImageImageImage

Rice

01 May 2015

Excited, thanks for sharing Noel!

MDTerps2015

02 May 2015

Noel G. wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Hey Noel - I think that's supposed to be Reveal Sound Spire, not Several.  :)
Noel G. wrote:
Thanks.  Typo corrected.
pjeudy wrote:small edit, that synth from Red Rock is actually there second Synth! Ivoks is there first even though it's a emulation.This new one could be considered as there first Original from the gown up Synth :-) 
Noel G. wrote: Okay, I've changed to say their first original synth.  Thank you.
You forgot the Mixfood Unison coming soon. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Reasonistas
RE Developer

02 May 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote: You forgot the Mixfood Unison coming soon. 
Oh yeah, forgot all about that beauty.  I've added it to the list. Thank you.
ImageImageImage

ScuzzyEye

02 May 2015

Unless something unforeseen happens, I'll have the beta build of the SU-27 Surround Matrix Decoder together this weekend. Just finishing up some stuff in the GUI right now. It'll be a short beta period (it doesn't do all that much), and hopefully it'll be in the store in around the second week of May (it'll be a $9 RE--it doesn't do all that much).  Then I'll get back to the synth.

Here's what it's looking like at this very moment (in fancy 3D):

Reasonistas
RE Developer

02 May 2015

Thank you, ScuzzyEye.  I've updated the thread with this latest information and image.  Looking slick.
ImageImageImage

Heater

02 May 2015

Great thread Noel.

zeebot

02 May 2015

Ochen's synth reminds me of the OP-1

I have the FM4 on ipad and it is a great synth, would fit nicely in the rack. :)
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Emian

02 May 2015

oh boy, the future of Reason/RE's looks promissing :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

zakalwe

02 May 2015

i'd consider 5 to be vapour.  thanks for picking up the baton from electrochoc though, his RE threads were the best thing about the PUF RE forum.

ebop

02 May 2015

Yeah choc did a great job and thanks for taking the reins now Noel. Always kept a close eye on that thread by choc. It was well presented and you could see the effort that went into it. I don't know my way around FM synths. Is FM4 good for bass?

dhruan

02 May 2015

Cool! Thanks for keeping the flame alive and thanks to choc too for his work. :)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

PSoames

02 May 2015

Wow! That is a fine looking bunch of RE's.

psychasm

02 May 2015

Thanks Noel for keeping us updated and looking forward to whats in store.

craven

02 May 2015

Noel G. wrote:
Noel G. wrote:
Thanks.  Typo corrected.
not really :) but since this synth might take years to come out, who cares about the typo anyway
:ugeek:

arqui

02 May 2015

Very Very Thanks Noel, I can´t wait Abl3...... :)
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

chimp_spanner

02 May 2015

Definitely most excited for ABL3 and FM4. I'm massively into groovebox style music making at the moment, so pairing the ABL3 up with Boom 808 will be most excellent. Now we just need a faithful 909 replica, and a bundle deal on Jackbox 707/727, right? ;)

rcbuse
RE Developer

02 May 2015

Propulsion for sequencing beats.  Perfect partner to Kong.

4 Channel Skope M4.  Displays work when folded as well.

Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-05-02_at_1.56.53_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-05-02_at_1.56.53_PM.png (54.91 KiB) Viewed 3204 times

mrj1nx

02 May 2015

I just trialed ABL2 and realised something. Neither ABL2 or 3 (from the looks of it) supports pitch bend. DOH! :s0959:  I myself is one of those that plays pretty much constantly with the pitch stick, and not being able to shape the phrasing freely is a pretty strong dealbreaker for me. I guess I'll try to emulate the sound in thor instead.. I get the whole "emulation of the original" thing though, but why not add such an obvious improvement? (heres a vid of me playing with the pitch bend btw: 

Thesim

02 May 2015

Wow propulsion looks excellent :)

• Information