I wish there was cheap Poly CV Synth

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
electrofux

24 Apr 2015

... so that people could try out all the stuff you could do with it.
The whole Poly Mod suite is cool but a bit overwhelming and expensive and CPU intensive for starters.
Maybe a viking S version.

GRIFTY

24 Apr 2015

Dude, ochen k a-series is EXACTLY the medicine you're looking for

electrofux

24 Apr 2015

Didnt hear of it, but would be cool because i already own it.

Edit just checked:
** 1.0.2 UPDATE **
1) Bug fixes relating to note cv out resetting on gate-off messages. 2) Other minor fixes.
** 1.0.4 UPDATE **
Reason 7.1 compatibility update

So no poly CV. He must have misinterpreted something.

But it is a good suggestion to give these modules Poly CV. I assume if more people would be able to use it the more its potential becomes aware.
I have no idea how hard it is to implement but if it is doable in a decent timeframe all synths should have it.

ScuzzyEye

24 Apr 2015

Yeah, no poly CV in the A-series, mostly because they are monophonic modules. But you can use multiple modules to create polyphony, but that feature is built into the A-series, so no need for the Poly CV utilities.

I'll be adding Poly CV to any (poly) synths I make, but not for version 1.0.

NaviRetlav

24 Apr 2015

Good news.
We are working on new A-Series ReFill that takes use of both A-Series REs and Combinator functionality. There are already some epic Poly Patches in it. 
Anyone interested in that ?

GRIFTY

24 Apr 2015

My mistake, I read it as a question for a polyphonic modular synth

GRIFTY

24 Apr 2015

If you must have poly CV, I believe one of the free blamsoft polymodular units is a CV spider that will combine up to eight mono signals into one poly

ScuzzyEye

24 Apr 2015

GRIFTY wrote:If you must have poly CV, I believe one of the free blamsoft polymodular units is a CV spider that will combine up to eight mono signals into one poly
Yes, and that's the origin of the OP's question. That Poly CV signal isn't standard. Polyphonic instruments in Reason can start multiple notes with CV, but you can't release one of the notes without releasing all. Blamsoft came up with a system to encode how many notes are playing into the gate signal. But it requires an instrument that knows how to decode that information to take advantage of it. Most developers have not added that feature yet.

GRIFTY

24 Apr 2015

ah, shucks

• Information