Meteora sample based rompler is all grown up !!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

24 Apr 2015

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-rompler/ I already used up my demo time...not sure if I can retry.

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

lowpryo

24 Apr 2015

I really appreciate the effort that they're putting into this product, but i'm still just not a fan of it. i guess it's because don't need anything to be rompled.

pjeudy

24 Apr 2015

I'm a fan of anything that sounds good and allows for a unique work flow and sound. .. having said that..I need to hear how this newer version sounds like
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

MDTerps2015

24 Apr 2015

pjeudy wrote:https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-rompler/

I already used up my demo time...not sure if I can retry.
I used my trial already too. I guess we will never know.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

pjeudy

24 Apr 2015

pjeudy wrote:https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-rompler/ I already used up my demo time...not sure if I can retry.
MDTerps2015 wrote:I used my trial already too. I guess we will never know.
Just got to the studio and nope..noway to retry basically a *NEW ROMPLER* Too bad...more money for ABL3 ..Oh yea !!!!! :-) Joking
Seriously I want to try this newer version...hope developer can convince Propellerhead to reset !

MDTerps2015

24 Apr 2015

pjeudy wrote:https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-rompler/ I already used up my demo time...not sure if I can retry.
pjeudy wrote:
Just got to the studio and nope..noway to retry basically a *NEW ROMPLER* Too bad...more money for ABL3 ..Oh yea !!!!! :-) Joking
Seriously I want to try this newer version...hope developer can convince Propellerhead to reset !
Actually i got home from work and i still had five days on it. I tried it and i think the colorful skin turns me off and the "drum" thingy on the side. Sorry but it just feels like there is no organization on the face. I bought Papen's Punch BD instead. 

pjeudy

24 Apr 2015

pjeudy wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:Actually i got home from work and i still had five days on it. I tried it and i think the colorful skin turns me off and the "drum" thingy on the side. Sorry but it just feels like there is no organization on the face. I bought Papen's Punch BD instead. 
I hear you Loud and clear...this Rompler needs a Good UI designer that's all ..or at least a do over on the UI. But if it sounds good I can live with the UI..But like I said, I can't retry this !

MDTerps2015 Question for you ..I'm thinking about Punch BD also...Tried it in the past , can you create a kick at any key you want ?
Can you have the click at one key and the bottom at another  key? Like sonic academy KICK vst Plugin?

turn2on
RE Developer

26 Apr 2015

Hi.
We listen now your words about color design. We think that must change it, colorful scheme - way for current version, we need time to change it.
About organization, its very clean.
All lines (base and addition), has at start Volume/Mix, Tune knobs as master function, has addition SineOSC for signal and after it LFO. 
There you can change Filter Env and Amp Env for correct sound, this envelopes touch work of SineOSC. And next - 2 fx (dist/shaper and reverb).
After it all lines has second Filters. Current version exclude 2nd filter on base-line, because we reserve this section to future update (coming in 1-2 weeks to shop) with Comb-filter.
All lines routed to Pre-FX sections. There you can use Filter for all lines at one time, also you can use static FX. In current version PreFX section has only one LongVerb effect, we add more soon.  
From Pre-FX (we need time to work on it more), signal routed to FX-Board.
From FX-Board signal routed to Convolutions. 
Scheme very easy and organized in our scheme. 

Scheme of device - on the rear panel.
Yes, we need more info about device, and now write Manual (its long because we have problems with english, sorry).

Soon we release 1.1.1 with some changes. 

We ask PH about trial-period reset, and wait answer.
i guess it's because don't need anything to be rompled.
At fact, You must know, all devices based on samples today. We named our synth - sample-based rompler, but its truly Synth (sample-based).
When You said "don't need anything to be rompled", You said "don't need anything sampled".
On fact, all devices as Parsec, our device, and more from Propshop - is sample-based synths.
We hard work on current IDT rules, and build what we can for use it, we also musicians at start point.
We understand that devices cant be loving by all users, and can said that Meteora more extremaly-sound experimental device in Propshop..
We plans Meteora more as analog-sampled with crashing, distortions, shapers and reverb hi-quality impulses.

But at final point, users get stars to it =) And we listen all about they talk.
Thank You.

FGL

26 Apr 2015

All in all nice update. Gratulation. I like this Device, I get much good and different Sounds out of this. But the GUI could be much better.

MDTerps2015

26 Apr 2015

pjeudy wrote:
MDTerps2015 wrote:Actually i got home from work and i still had five days on it. I tried it and i think the colorful skin turns me off and the "drum" thingy on the side. Sorry but it just feels like there is no organization on the face. I bought Papen's Punch BD instead. 
pjeudy wrote:
I hear you Loud and clear...this Rompler needs a Good UI designer that's all ..or at least a do over on the UI. But if it sounds good I can live with the UI..But like I said, I can't retry this !

MDTerps2015 Question for you ..I'm thinking about Punch BD also...Tried it in the past , can you create a kick at any key you want ?
Can you have the click at one key and the bottom at another  key? Like sonic academy KICK vst Plugin?
 Yes and I havent used a kick in the Redrum or Kong since i bought it. Its has a tuned button on it so anything you make or create can be scaled the entire keyboard. It has 4 "osc's". Two for creating i would best describe. The third is for a patch bank of kicks that Papen and his crew supplied us with and the fourth is the click section which can do incredible stuff. 

pjeudy

26 Apr 2015

Thanks...MDTerps2015 !

turn2on
RE Developer

27 Apr 2015

We try to talk about reset TRY-period for future version 1.1.1
There much of editing databases for PH. If they do it - its cool.  
We write on this forum, if ph make reset of device.
Now we wait answer and build new update.

turn2on
RE Developer

07 May 2015

We create 1.1.2 update, but its coming at the end of May.

There new features and bugfixes, optimization. More details later.

turn2on
RE Developer

11 May 2015

We already reset trial period as you ask.

SORRY - wrong reset, I write there when trial-reset must work!

Now You can retry Meteora 1.1 features with 30 days if already use try-preriod.
Or can wait 1.1.2 version with more functions (coming at the end of May).

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-rompler/

FGL

11 May 2015

Nice.

pbc278

12 May 2015

turn2on wrote:We already reset trial period as you ask.

Now You can retry Meteora 1.1 features with 30 days if already use try-preriod.
Or can wait 1.1.2 version with more functions (coming at the end of May).

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... d-rompler/
No this info is not correct... I can't try it again... 
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

ochenk

12 May 2015

turn2on wrote:At fact, You must know, all devices based on samples today. We named our synth - sample-based rompler, but its truly Synth (sample-based).
When You said "don't need anything to be rompled", You said "don't need anything sampled".
On fact, all devices as Parsec, our device, and more from Propshop - is sample-based synths.
Parsec is not a rompler. It's a synth, meaning a waveform synthesizer. To be a synth, waveforms need to be generated via code, whereas a sampler retrieves predetermined waveforms via code. Playback of samples is not synthesis. Processing a sample with code does not make it a synth. That just makes it a rompler with on-board effects. The IDT does not allow for waveform generation via code. It's a sample playback framework.

There may be a language issue here, since "samples" has a secondary meaning in DSP. All digital sound is broken up into samples. At a sample rate of 44100, there are 44100 samples per second of sound. So when synthesizing a waveform, you are creating 44100 samples per second, but that's something totally different than a rompler retrieving samples (i.e. sound files) for playback. 

So, if you're using IDT, it's a rompler, not a synth. If you're making an instrument with just the base SDK, it's either a synth, a rompler, or both. 

turn2on
RE Developer

13 May 2015

No this info is not correct... I can't try it again... 

Thank You for this info, I don't know why it not work. Send this info to ph.

ochenk thank You, You really understand and write that IDT devices cant be Synthesizers. I don't know deeply how work Parsec, but understand that it more than just IDT. Synth must has generated signal, not sampled.

Many people write there that my Device not rompler, most of them think that if we call it sample-based synth - better way, part of them think that its not sample-based synth....

I just say, that any kind of IDT device as we seen - ROMPLER. Its has sample-base, for IDT its BLOB structure (as ROM), we can use few blobs (roms). This set of samples has base settings, filters, effects. Its all talk to us that we must call it ROMPLER.
But, if we named it Sample based Synth, mm.. may be its OK, but really, as fact, IDY has architecture of ROMpler devices..

Work on new IDT, and think how I can call it right? Syntesizer... sample-based... Rompler.. 
Users must understand that all IDTs has set of samples with variations in architecture of device. And its not true if we call it as synths. But now Propshop wait few synths.. wait this release date, for seen how devs call this class of devices in SHOP.. 

turn2on
RE Developer

13 May 2015

pbc278 wrote: No this info is not correct... I can't try it again... 
Now I understand problem with trial reset, non actual version been reseted.
I write when trial-reset must work, thank You.

pbc278

13 May 2015

pbc278 wrote: No this info is not correct... I can't try it again... 
turn2on wrote:
Now I understand problem with trial reset, non actual version been reseted.
I write when trial-reset must work, thank You.
OK great. I'd like to try again ;-)

Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

Majestik Monkey

13 May 2015

turn2on wrote:We create 1.1.2 update, but its coming at the end of May.

There new features and bugfixes, optimization. More details later.

Hi T2on can you concider an seperate Octave switch for the SUBB OSC !
it does not make sence for it to follow the Global Octave switch .... Thank's Mm :s0801:
Ps. thanks for the updates . . . .

turn2on
RE Developer

13 May 2015

Majestik Monkey wrote: Hi T2on can you concider an seperate Octave switch for the SUBB OSC !
it does not make sence for it to follow the Global Octave switch .... Thank's Mm :s0801:
Ps. thanks for the updates . . . .
Hi, You can use Tune of SubBass. This knob has range -36..0..+36. Its semitone.
But You can use it as octave shift - there every 12 = octave.
Set this knob to -36/-24/-12/0/12/24 or 36 - and its ready Octave shift.

We can create Shift knob, but this knob duplicate function of Tune knob.. and make some problems for set Tune and Shift.. 

Theo.M

13 May 2015

how many ready to play rompler patches are included with this now?

turn2on
RE Developer

14 May 2015

Current version in PropShop today has few new patches, because we hard work on updates with new functionality.
Now we finish newer update, but release it at the end of May with more patches (we now work only on patches).
If you interesting in patches for device, You must wait newer version 1.1.2

turn2on
RE Developer

19 May 2015

Hi!
Now we re-submit reset of trial period. And its must work now for all!

You can try it now, or wait newer version with more functions later.
Thank You!

• Information