Audiomatic: Safe to use in presets of new REs now?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

22 Apr 2015

So, Audiomatic is still included with versions of Reason that are greater than 6.5, correct?

Previously, developers and programmers might typically leave something like Audiomatic out of presets... as 6.5 users might not have it (it has been an option for them to buy separately, but not included for them like users of later versions of Reason).

But seeing as new REs require SDK2...
which requires Reason 7.1 and higher...
which those versions include Audiomatic...

Is it safe to assume that it's ok to include Audiomatic in presets for new REs? 

I think so! But just wanted to check to be sure I've got this thinking correct.

Thanks!

Gaja

22 Apr 2015

I can follow your logic and agree, use it! I love that little orange box. Lots of fun possibilities.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

joeyluck

22 Apr 2015

Gaja wrote:I can follow your logic and agree, use it! I love that little orange box. Lots of fun possibilities.
Thanks.  Audiomatic on everything! :)

submonsterz

22 Apr 2015

Am I the only one that really don't like Audiomatic ?? I just think its so naff I just never use it what am I missing about it ??

gak

22 Apr 2015

submonsterz wrote:Am I the only one that really don't like Audiomatic ?? I just think its so naff I just never use it what am I missing about it ??
It's not my favorite of all times. Even on my powerful computer it's a hog and doesn't really do anything particularly well. It's fun to play around with but I'd imagine futzbox does a much better job.

lowpryo

22 Apr 2015

Softphonics wrote:I know Audiomatic was free with R7 but 6.5 owners had to pay for it at the time. So I am not sure if it is now a stock device since version 7? If it is, then yes your SDK2 logic makes perfect sense. I suppose the question is, Did it come free as a stock device with reason 8 to a new buyer who was not upgrading...Or totally new to Reason

/Andrew
this is my concern too. currently Audiomatic still being sold on the PH shop for $50. yes it has come free with a lot of upgrades, and it apparently came free with R8 too. but the fact that it's still on the shop makes me feel like it still isn't truly a "stock" device.

MDTerps2015

22 Apr 2015

Audiomatic has never used a ton of dsp for me unless im running a super computer. I like it because the tape setting can make a mix sound warm and fuzzy. Since i got the EVE eq series i dont use it as much because those have a warm setting I can eq up or down. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

joeyluck

22 Apr 2015

lowpryo wrote:
Softphonics wrote:I know Audiomatic was free with R7 but 6.5 owners had to pay for it at the time. So I am not sure if it is now a stock device since version 7? If it is, then yes your SDK2 logic makes perfect sense. I suppose the question is, Did it come free as a stock device with reason 8 to a new buyer who was not upgrading...Or totally new to Reason

/Andrew
lowpryo wrote:
this is my concern too. currently Audiomatic still being sold on the PH shop for $50. yes it has come free with a lot of upgrades, and it apparently came free with R8 too. but the fact that it's still on the shop makes me feel like it still isn't truly a "stock" device.
It's sold separately only for Reason 6.5 users. However, new REs require SDK2, which requires Reason 7.1 or greater, which includes Audiomatic. That is the reasoning.

I had asked the question in the PUF, and to my understanding, it will be included for free with all versions of Reason beyond 6.5

https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... extension/

mbfrancis

22 Apr 2015

submonsterz wrote:Am I the only one that really don't like Audiomatic ?? I just think its so naff I just never use it what am I missing about it ??
I posted on the old forum asking how people used it because I could get nothing out of it.  Seems like a lot of people use it in parallel.  I can't stand the tape setting, which I thought I'd love.

However, the other night I used Wash to mangle a huge string pad and it came out jaw-droppingly beautiful.  Stunning and unique.  So for me it's been cool for the weird effects, not the warming ones I thought I'd use. 
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

lowpryo

23 Apr 2015

lowpryo wrote:

/Andrew
lowpryo wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
It's sold separately only for Reason 6.5 users. However, new REs require SDK2, which requires Reason 7.1 or greater, which includes Audiomatic. That is the reasoning.

I had asked the question in the PUF, and to my understanding, it will be included for free with all versions of Reason beyond 6.5
https://www.propellerheads.se/support/u ... extension/

alright, as long as that note about it being free for "Reason 7 or later" is a guarantee from PH. I'd just hate to see them stop including it in R9 or something.

• Information