Korde added step repeat and ratcheting. Free update.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
rcbuse
RE Developer

21 Apr 2015

This was out in the shop last week or so, finally made up the video demo.  On to updating the manual...

dvdrtldg

22 Apr 2015

Looks interesting... I picked Korde up a while ago, had a bit of fun with it but haven't got around to giving it a full workout yet - will be paying it some attention over the weekend for sure.

Olivier

22 Apr 2015

Now that i see these features, i wonder again why i just bought shape and not the bundle..
Oh well.. new month, new paycheck... new possibilities :P
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Faastwalker

22 Apr 2015

eauhm wrote:Now that i see these features, i wonder again why i just bought shape and not the bundle..
Same here, kind of. Expensive RE's but absolutely fantastic & tons of fun.

buddard
RE Developer

23 Apr 2015

Those repeat modes are sick! Especially Ratchet mode, I've never seen that before!

Olivier

23 Apr 2015

eauhm wrote:Now that i see these features, i wonder again why i just bought shape and not the bundle..
Faastwalker wrote: Same here, kind of. Expensive RE's but absolutely fantastic & tons of fun.
I've been looking at getting the intellijel metropolis for my eurorack for a while... especially because of the repeat modes.. Korde is defenitely the closest to it.. Awesome!

Faastwalker

23 Apr 2015

..... just watched the demo. Now wish I'd bought the bundle :frown:

rcbuse
RE Developer

23 Apr 2015

Just going to bump this to let everyone know that 1.2.2 Just went into the shop and it has a few for bugs that were causing Korde to crash.  Manual updated too.

geronimo

23 Apr 2015

eauhm wrote: I've been looking at getting the intellijel metropolis for my eurorack for a while... especially because of the repeat modes.. Korde is defenitely the closest to it.. Awesome!
When will we have the right to a Rene Make Noise at Rack Extension format ? :s0221:

Olivier

23 Apr 2015

eauhm wrote: I've been looking at getting the intellijel metropolis for my eurorack for a while... especially because of the repeat modes.. Korde is defenitely the closest to it.. Awesome!
geronimo wrote:
When will we have the right to a Rene Make Noise at Rack Extension format ? :s0221:

I know a few makenoise/intellijel/tiptop modules i'd love to have inside Reason too...

selig
RE Developer

23 Apr 2015

rcbuse wrote:Just going to bump this to let everyone know that 1.2.2 Just went into the shop and it has a few for bugs that were causing Korde to crash.  Manual updated too.
Dude, this is almost exactly how I have wanted to approach implementing ratcheting - well done; you've made an already inspiring device even MORE so!!!
Selig Audio, LLC

JoshuaPhilgarlic

23 Apr 2015

buddard wrote:Those repeat modes are sick! Especially Ratchet mode, I've never seen that before!
Even though I made a Combinator for this some time ago, I'd like to see Ratcheting in Step too ;) !

eusti

23 Apr 2015

I got Step already... And now I want this too... But really, I don't work like this... :P
I guess I'm hoping for some inspiration, but don't want to give up control...

D.

GRIFTY

24 Apr 2015

I'd love to see a repeat mode that repeats the note input an octave up and fills the notes out. I've been tinkering with merging CV and whatnot but I can't make it happen.

hamu

24 Apr 2015

GRIFTY wrote:I'd love to see a repeat mode that repeats the note input an octave up and fills the notes out. I've been tinkering with merging CV and whatnot but I can't make it happen.
Not sure what you mean by "fills the notes out"? And is it "repeat once" as in "add a note copy"? :?

And you cannot just merge note CV as with a CV Spider, but need to use other devices. Maybe the free CV Gateway can help you out, maybe not.

If you explain in more detail what you want to accomplish, maybe there's a simple way to do this with stock devices or a cheap CV RE, like CV Tuner, Mingler etc. It may also help if you name RE's you may already own, so we know what tools to work with.  ;)

Olivier

24 Apr 2015

GRIFTY wrote:I'd love to see a repeat mode that repeats the note input an octave up and fills the notes out. I've been tinkering with merging CV and whatnot but I can't make it happen.
Maybe part can be solved by automating the tune dial ?

rcbuse
RE Developer

24 Apr 2015

Not really sure what you mean.  Could you elaborate a little bit?  Is this different than using the step octave modifier -2,-1,+1,+2 on the grid?

Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-04-24_at_6.19.47_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-04-24_at_6.19.47_AM.png (8.7 KiB) Viewed 3231 times

GRIFTY

24 Apr 2015

I want to play a three note chord into korde and have korde make available all eight notes for step sequencing, and have no repeats. Or, to simplify, just play C1 and be able to sequence C 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6, 7, and eight.

If I play C1, E1, G1, then let me sequence C1, E1, G1, C2, E2, G2, C3.

make more sense? I'm trying to use auto theory as a trigger but it's a bit annoying to trigger a basic three note chord, try to sequence an ascending melody in korde, only to have repeating notes.

Not a complaint though, I wanna make clear, just a request! I'm having loads of fun with my trial so far

rcbuse
RE Developer

24 Apr 2015

GRIFTY wrote:I want to play a three note chord into korde and have korde make available all eight notes for step sequencing, and have no repeats. Or, to simplify, just play C1 and be able to sequence C 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6, 7, and eight. If I play C1, E1, G1, then let me sequence C1, E1, G1, C2, E2, G2, C3. make more sense? I'm trying to use auto theory as a trigger but it's a bit annoying to trigger a basic three note chord, try to sequence an ascending melody in korde, only to have repeating notes. Not a complaint though, I wanna make clear, just a request! I'm having loads of fun with my trial so far
Thats a very interesting, basically a new note repeat mode, but with an octave shift each repeat.  I'll add that onto the todo list.  Thanks for the idea!

SebAudio

25 Apr 2015

rcbuse wrote:Thanks for the idea!
Perhaps an other inspiring device : the arpeggiator in Ableton Live. It goes way behind simple arpegiation, I'd really love to have such features in Reason.

bouwie

25 Apr 2015

GRIFTY wrote:I want to play a three note chord into korde and have korde make available all eight notes for step sequencing, and have no repeats. Or, to simplify, just play C1 and be able to sequence C 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 , 6, 7, and eight.

If I play C1, E1, G1, then let me sequence C1, E1, G1, C2, E2, G2, C3.

make more sense? I'm trying to use auto theory as a trigger but it's a bit annoying to trigger a basic three note chord, try to sequence an ascending melody in korde, only to have repeating notes.

Not a complaint though, I wanna make clear, just a request! I'm having loads of fun with my trial so far
you can use the chordset RE. If you play one note you can get 7 notes output. Not the full 8 for the chord but a lot more than 3. You can set the notes to play by yourself.
This the way i use chordset and korde together. A lot of fun and ideas comming out of it thats for sure.

O1B

13 Sep 2018

the New Make Noise Rene: [peep the Gold "holes" for the screws..] :D

The original René was a one-channel, two-dimensional Cartesian sequencer with limited memory, this new René is a three-channel, three-dimensional Cartesian sequencer with memory for up to 64 complete STATEs. Considering the multiple channels and FUN programming options per multiple axis, René has become an n-dimensional matrix or tesseract of synthesizer sequencing.

http://makenoisemusic.com/modules/rene
Olivier wrote:
23 Apr 2015
geronimo wrote:

I know a few makenoise/intellijel/tiptop modules i'd love to have inside Reason too...

emilng

13 Sep 2018

O1B wrote:
13 Sep 2018
the New Make Noise Rene
kind of a stretch to be posting about this hardware to a thread about Korde. speaking of stretch.. [starts talking about yoga] :lol:

antic604

13 Sep 2018

emilng wrote:
13 Sep 2018
O1B wrote:
13 Sep 2018
the New Make Noise Rene
kind of a stretch to be posting about this hardware to a thread about Korde. speaking of stretch.. [starts talking about yoga] :lol:
Well, he's been doing it - mentioning Eurorack hardware - in majority of his posts, so I'm not surprised anymore :?

O1B

13 Sep 2018

Reading is fundamental
emilng wrote:
13 Sep 2018
From a quote above....
... seemed apropos.

... you mad, antic604? ...
antic604 wrote:
13 Sep 2018
Well, he's been doing it - mentioning Eurorack hardware - in majority of his posts, so I'm not surprised anymore :?
O1B
Last edited by O1B on 17 Sep 2018, edited 2 times in total.

• Information