ChordSet is a bad ass little guy

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

20 Apr 2015

I've been trialing this little dude for about a week and I LOVE IT!  It is seriously a great little RE.  I only call it "little" because it has such a small foot print in the rack, but it does so much.  I'm amazed.  I thought it was basically the same as AutoTheory (I'm a fan of that RE too), but not really at all the same thing.  This thing is much easier to program your own variation chords.  And to have up to 12 different chords available (each up to 6 notes) in one instance is really a nice feature.  No more boring, run-of-the-mill chord progressions... with this little guy, you can create a ton of variations to each chord/progression.  I love it.  Will most certainly be buying it (for $15, it's a steal).  Anywho... when i was announced here, I was rather skeptical, but after trying it, I'm sold.  Good job to the Dev, on this one.  One thing I wish it did have was a strum feature like AutoTheory has.  I emailed the Dev, and he said it was on his "to do list."  :D

Also, if you hook this bad boy up to an arpeggiator such as Predator (or even RPG8), you can come up with some amazing stuff.

https://shop.propellerheads.se/browse/?q=chordset

Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

MirEko

21 Apr 2015

I image this would be really good with Korde RE!
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

chimp_spanner

21 Apr 2015

Gah. Just tried it, love it. Next month it is...

rcbuse
RE Developer

21 Apr 2015

MirEko wrote:I image this would be really good with Korde RE!
It works really well when you CV up ChordSet's individual note outputs into Korde's note override inputs.

pjeudy

21 Apr 2015

thanks challism... will definitely buy this... very cool! 
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

MDTerps2015

21 Apr 2015

I bought this little booger when it first came out and have yet to use it, lol. I need to get back to trying to use it from this post. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

dflynn

22 Apr 2015

MirEko wrote:I image this would be really good with Korde RE!
rcbuse wrote:
It works really well when you CV up ChordSet's individual note outputs into Korde's note override inputs.

Examples, please!

• Information