Antidote Update - New Wavetables

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
mayzon

21 Apr 2015

This is welcome, thanks Synapse. Looking forward to hearing these wavetables later.

Any examples anywhere?

Jordan Miller

21 Apr 2015

Cool! More wavetables is always welcome, looking forward to trying them out. Also love the improved knob visibility!
Thanks Synapse :)

TheGodOfRainbows

21 Apr 2015

Ok, this is great! The knobs! OMG the knobs. Glad I wasn't the only one who was bothered by the tiny little dot to see the position of the knobs. And new wavetables!? How often is something like that likely to happen for any RE synth or effect? That's more than just a tweak or a fix, that is real added value to what was already an awesome synth. I would not have expected that. I assumed that most REs (or VST) once released were considered complete, and updates would mainly be about fixes or improvements, but not adding new features. Is this rare, or more common than I thought? Either way, I'm happy and glad i bought Antidote.

mbfrancis

21 Apr 2015

Any new patches?
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

eusti

21 Apr 2015

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:Ok, this is great! The knobs! OMG the knobs. Glad I wasn't the only one who was bothered by the tiny little dot to see the position of the knobs. And new wavetables!? How often is something like that likely to happen for any RE synth or effect? That's more than just a tweak or a fix, that is real added value to what was already an awesome synth. I would not have expected that. I assumed that most REs (or VST) once released were considered complete, and updates would mainly be about fixes or improvements, but not adding new features. Is this rare, or more common than I thought? Either way, I'm happy and glad i bought Antidote.
I agree! Especially this late in the game!
Good to know that Synapse do support their stuff in a long term manner!

D.

Heater

21 Apr 2015

It does sound fabulous.  Possibly my favourite soft synth of all time.

Kazz

21 Apr 2015

A lot more of you guys are lovin' the knobs than I would have thought... ;)

I'm excited to hear the new wavetables though!  Time to go update. :D

joeyluck

21 Apr 2015

Kazz wrote:A lot more of you guys are lovin' the knobs than I would have thought... ;)

I'm excited to hear the new wavetables though!  Time to go update. :D
Hehe. Yeah it makes a world of difference to me. One of the easiest synths to program became much easier as I can see the settings at a glance. Before, my eyes could really only focus on one or a couple knob settings at once.

I'm sure the new wavetables are great too :)

raymondh

22 Apr 2015

Wow, great update to a fantastic synth!

Here's a little patch I quickly made using the new wavetables: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/502 ... sh.repatch

zakalwe

23 Apr 2015

nice to see good support for antidote.  :)

eusti

23 Apr 2015

raymondh wrote:Wow, great update to a fantastic synth!

Here's a little patch I quickly made using the new wavetables: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/502 ... sh.repatch

Cool, but could you zip that... Right now it opens as a text page here in both Firefox and Safari.

D.

normen

23 Apr 2015

eusti wrote:Cool, but could you zip that... Right now it opens as a text page here in both Firefox and Safari.

D.
Press Alt+Return after pasting the URL in Safari, will force Safari to just download it. (Just like Alt+clicking a link does)

Prints

23 Apr 2015

I constantly think about leaving Reason and investing in something different like Ableton with VSTs, but the quality & value of REs unique to Reason like Antidote keep me invested. I wish Propellerhead's model were more like Synapse's. This is a much appreciated update, and makes me want to buy more of Synapse's REs.

eusti

23 Apr 2015

eusti wrote:Cool, but could you zip that... Right now it opens as a text page here in both Firefox and Safari.

D.
normen wrote:
Press Alt+Return after pasting the URL in Safari, will force Safari to just download it. (Just like Alt+clicking a link does)
Thanks, Normen! I had no idea... :) Happy, I learned something new!
I remember option clicking links to download, but the link didn't seem to be active in the post...

D.

lowpryo

23 Apr 2015

Prints wrote:I constantly think about leaving Reason and investing in something different like Ableton with VSTs, but the quality & value of REs unique to Reason like Antidote keep me invested. I wish Propellerhead's model were more like Synapse's. This is a much appreciated update, and makes me want to buy more of Synapse's REs.
seriously! has there ever been an update to add more wavetables to Malstrom?! (I'm really curious, I only started using at Reason 6)

Eagleizer

23 Apr 2015

I`m disappointed to see they didn`t move the PB-Range to the front
so it can be locked to a higher value by automation.
:s0959:  

Am I the only one who bends more than 1 note up or down?? Having
to flip the rack and set both PB-R Up and Down for every single patch
while previewing, is a freaking nightmare... I really don`t understand
the point of having it on the back. The range could be greater too. 
All Rob Papen synths have 48 semi notes up and 48 down. Antidote 
have only 24. 

Otherwise a great sounding synth, and the new knobs and wavetables
are welcome, but I`d rather have have the PB-R problem fixed.

Cheers :)

TheGodOfRainbows

24 Apr 2015

lowpryo wrote:seriously! has there ever been an update to add more wavetables to Malstrom?! (I'm really curious, I only started using at Reason 6)
New wavetables for Maelstrom would be glorious, but no, there have never been any additions - it has stayed the same. 

Buddaka

25 Apr 2015

Woohoo, thanks Synapse!!!  :s0221:

:s0826:

EnochLight

25 Apr 2015

lowpryo wrote:seriously! has there ever been an update to add more wavetables to Malstrom?! (I'm really curious, I only started using at Reason 6)
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
New wavetables for Maelstrom would be glorious, but no, there have never been any additions - it has stayed the same. 
I think about how awesome it would have been to see Malström support importing your own samples/graintables, but then I see what Omnisphere 2 has done with granular, and Malström seems like a version 1.0 product (which, technically, it very much has remained since it's never been updated).  Still love Malström, for sure, but there's so much more advanced options out there.

If someone at Props could convince Magnus and the Sonic Charge gang to do some more work for them, that would be awesome!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information