Korde Sequencer Remote

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
electrofux

18 Apr 2015

Wouldnt it be possible to have at least one of the 8 Sequencer Matrixes remotable.
I figure because of the missing overloading of remote items in the SDK that for all 8 Sequencers this would be too much but being able to operate one of them in Push style would be very nice.

How many items would it take per Step?

I figure:

Step NoteSlot (1-8)
Step Octave Setting (1-4)
Step Velocity
Step Gate
Step Mode
Step Retrigger
Step CV1
Step CV2

Thats 8 Stepsettings for 32 Steps = 256 remote items for one Sequencer lane and one Pattern which is totally handleable. Even 8 x256 would be managable (if the pattern section or the 8 Sequencers would be included). It is all a matter of array size in Remote.

But one Sequencer and one Pattern would be nice to have anyways. Or a stripped down Remote version of Korde?

rcbuse
RE Developer

18 Apr 2015

I would like to make all the items in Korde remoteable, unfortunately there were architecture decisions made that prevent this from being possible.  In order to work around some limitations, Korde uses variable packing into strings, which wouldn't be compatible with how remote variables are exposed.

buddard
RE Developer

18 Apr 2015

This was actually the exact dilemma I was facing with Step as well, by the way.  :)

hamu

18 Apr 2015

On the Korde, I've been missing CV control of the number of steps. Global or slotwise.
The step input is useful, however, and after trying different kind of ramp/saw CV generators (Shape, Charlotte etc.) I finally found that Euclid was ideal. Only - I had to draw the velocity ramp myself, 32 values between 0 and 127. Now I can control the number of steps simpy by the setting on Euclid. 
Attaching the Euclid patch, for anyone interested.

I only wish Euclid had a tempo sync as so it would work independently from the transport...

While I'm at it, I might as well attach the combinator too, and a picture showing what's in it. It also includes setup for selecting the same rate/resolution on both Korde and Euclid from one knob on the ModPanel

Attachments
KrdEuc.zip
(32.61 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

• Information