iVoks electro musical synth

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Thesim

18 Apr 2015

Im demoing this at the moment and probably will get it at €25 although I was planning on saving for the synthetic bundle. I like synths with a simple all in one layout for just jamming and getting some dirty sounds going. Anyone got any opinions on this synth, any recommendations or regrets?

Cheers

raymondh

18 Apr 2015

I just bought it (as it was on sale), but I have yet to use it. I think it's interesting and definitely a unique addition, but if you're setting yourself up, there's other synths I'd put ahead of it.
The synthetic bundle is pretty amazing...

Thesim

18 Apr 2015

Hi Raymond, yes it is an interesting addition and one I think I would find good use for. Let me know how you get on with it.

raymondh

18 Apr 2015

Thesim wrote:Hi Raymond, yes it is an interesting addition and one I think I would find good use for. Let me know how you get on with it.
I just spent 15 minutes playing with it; hook on an RPG-8, Chenille chorus, and The Echo. It's a lot of fun tweaking it, it sounds quite warm and it's very easy to program.
Quite a character sound, definitely an addition to an exiting rack rather than say your fist synth. I'm glad I bought it :)

Thesim

18 Apr 2015

Great stuff good to hear that, I'm off to have a play

craven

18 Apr 2015

I liked the ease of use and the unique character immediately. Did not use it much so far, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dtc3kc_Tac

:ugeek:

Thesim

18 Apr 2015

Thanks for the video link craven.

Tincture

18 Apr 2015

I like it. Duo mode is nice as are the AD repeat envelope options. Love its filter sound as well.

childofsaturn

18 Apr 2015

I love it, personally. Been using it non-stop since I bought it early during this sale. It's very easy to dial in the sounds I like. So easy, in fact, I rarely start with a preset to build from. It's a similar experience to owning a straight-forward analogue mono synth (though it can be duo).

eusti

18 Apr 2015

Love it. Do not use it enough, but feel it has its own character... Especially do like the filter... In my opinion the most alive one even under 75% open...

D.

Jagwah

18 Apr 2015

Honestly I never touch it and forget it's there but this is simply because I have go to synths that count others out. I picked this up because it was super cheap and for the price it has a unique character that I couldn't pass on. Nice to know it's there.

challism

18 Apr 2015

I bought it upon its release, and I have no regrets.  I use it all the time and I love the sounds it can kick out.  At the sale price, it's a great value.  And since it isn't in the rig bundle, you won't be wasting your money buying it and the synth bundle later.  Ivoks is definitely in a class of its own, since no other synth can really duplicate it's character or sound; it's a worthy addition to the rack.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Faastwalker

18 Apr 2015

Amazing synth. I love this & use it frequently.

Thesim

19 Apr 2015

Ok it looks like a no brainer then at this price, thanks for your thoughts everyone.

Thesim

19 Apr 2015

I didn't realise this was an exact emulation of polivoks soviet synth, just been watching a couple of good vids on YouTube. The sound of this RE is just about spot on, I've just been through some of the presets and some of the lead sounds are very nice although it probably lends itself to just dialling in your own sounds with the straightforward interface.

virtualpt

19 Apr 2015

I love this synth & have done since I bought it. I use it as much as Predator & Antidote. :)

chimp_spanner

20 Apr 2015

Yeah I got this on the strength of the trial. I like that it has a bit more of a gritty/wild sound to it, especially once you start cross modulating stuff. Cool little synth!

challism

20 Apr 2015

Thesim wrote:I didn't realise this was an exact emulation of polivoks soviet synth, just been watching a couple of good vids on YouTube. The sound of this RE is just about spot on, I've just been through some of the presets and some of the lead sounds are very nice although it probably lends itself to just dialling in your own sounds with the straightforward interface.
Exactly.  I have, honestly, grown quite bored with the factory presets, but I am a tweaker at heart, so it's not a problem to dial in something amazing based on one of the factory presets.

And as far as this thing being a monophonic synth, if you use it with JP's Charlotte, that amazing RE will hook up to multiple units and create a virtual polyphonic synth.  Charlotte is really something, I am a huge fan, although, I will admit, it has a really steep learning curve.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Thesim

20 Apr 2015

Anyone know when this sale ends I could do with holding out until Friday?

eusti

20 Apr 2015

Thesim wrote:Anyone know when this sale ends I could do with holding out until Friday?
I think he mentioned until the end of the month.

D.

Thesim

20 Apr 2015

That's great thanks Eusti.

MDTerps2015

20 Apr 2015

Yes Eusti it is the end of the month for the sale. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

craven

22 Apr 2015

just played around with ivoks last night. It remembered me why I like it so much: just by playing around with the modulator you can create great sounds that are easily further carved out within ivoks before using other external fx, e.g. filter effects, reverb. 
:ugeek:

dusan.cani

04 Apr 2023

Very good sounding synth for classic analog sounds. But I can't find Unison detune anywhere on this synth. Is this unison without detune option ? Without detune unison sounds static and dull. Everytime the unison switch is on, the sound is slightly different because of random phases and very small pitch difference between unison voices.

dioxide

04 Apr 2023

I have the RE but I'm not in front of my computer. From what I recall the hardware has a unison mode but it's only a duophonic synth so perhaps that explains why it doesn't sound like other synths in unison mode?

• Information