Slider Pitch Surface in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

Concep

14 Apr 2015

Pretty cool to have Figure functionality in Reason.  Now, if only they included combinators with the RE that mimicked patches from Figure.  

Despondo
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2015

Looks interesting!

dvdrtldg

14 Apr 2015

Looks hideous

normen

14 Apr 2015

Oh nice, gotta try if I can hook this up with the x/y pad of my Korg PadKontrol.. I like this KaossPad way of doing synth lines..

Juan Rosa

14 Apr 2015

Sorry, for me looks useless! maybe for the people that don't have a MIDI keyboard.

GRIFTY

14 Apr 2015

what a horrible video. I have no idea what this thing sounds like

Benedict
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2015

GRIFTY wrote:what a horrible video. I have no idea what this thing sounds like
Ummm, it has no sound. It manipulates MIDI and CV Data to output Note data to Synths to make a performance. Not quite a Sequencer but more like Auto Theory RE.

This is (as far as I know) a pretty new sort of device that has arisen with iPhone/iPad to allow alternate ways of creating note data in a small place and for people with limited musical ability based on touch.

I'm not sure I want or need it but I will try it nonetheless as it is well priced and clever.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Reasonistas
RE Developer

14 Apr 2015

I think this is a cool device and will definitely try it.  The demonstrator should have auto quantized the midi notes though.
Concep wrote:Pretty cool to have Figure functionality in Reason.  Now, if only they included combinators with the RE that mimicked patches from Figure.  
I agree.  In fact I asked @MattiasHG if Ph would consider releasing a Figure refill for Reason and he said they would look into it.  That was when Figure first came out so it probably won't happen after all this time.  A better feature would be to export Figure songs to Reason as patches and midi notes, not just a stereo audio sample.

ImageImageImage

joeyluck

15 Apr 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:Looks hideous
I think it looks cool...and I'm not a fan of orange usually. What don't you like?

[EDIT] Would a darker hue on the display be better?

Attachments
Slider-darker_hue.png
Slider-darker_hue.png (129.01 KiB) Viewed 3135 times

eusti

15 Apr 2015

Noel G. wrote: I agree.  In fact I asked @MattiasHG if Ph would consider releasing a Figure refill for Reason and he said they would look into it.  That was when Figure first came out so it probably won't happen after all this time.  A better feature would be to export Figure songs to Reason as patches and midi notes, not just a stereo audio sample.
Yes! That would add so much functionality for me!

Right now I'm actually not using it... After I got it for free I played with it for a few days whenever I was on a train... Loved it, but when I realized that those sketches couldn't really be exported in any sensible way I decided to rather spend my time with Garageband... Especially since some smart people have figured out how to export the midi data from its smart instruments... Now we're talking! ;)

D.

Benedict
Competition Winner

15 Apr 2015

Sadly I think the same.

While pretty quickly I had a creativity-starter melody, the PITA of EMI-LoopMIDIing the info back and remaking the patch was another PITA. All manageable but undoes a lot of the reason I would grab this in the first place.

Not Dev's fault and not a killer but another reminder to Props to find a way to record/bounce data to Seq.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

challism

15 Apr 2015

The video didn't really show very clearly, what I believe to be the coolest feature of this RE, and that is the STRUM ability.  But they did a lousy job demonstrating it.  Interesting device, that's for sure.  Not sure it's of any use to me, though.

The voice stabs sounded cool.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

SoulState

15 Apr 2015

Noel G. wrote: I think this is a cool device and will definitely try it.  The demonstrator should have auto quantized the midi notes though.
Yeah timing was a bit off.  Trouble is you can't quantise it because its not midi notes you're playing with - it's automation events.  

I want to like this thing but I've spent 20mins just trying get a simple bass pattern to play in time...no joy!   

And 

It keeps playing on and on even after stopping Reason's sequencer :?
It seems the only way to silence it is to turn the pattern knob to off
:reason:

EnochLight

15 Apr 2015

Dear Retouch Control: the next time you do a product demo, please get in touch with me to voice over.  

I.  Cannot. Stand.  Subtitles. In. Product. Demos.

Not 100% subtitles, anyway.  

Signed,

Me

XOXOXOX
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

electrofux

15 Apr 2015

Looking nice! Just my kind of device. Gonna see if i can use my launchpad for that.

challism

15 Apr 2015

EnochLight wrote:Dear Retouch Control: the next time you do a product demo, please get in touch with me to voice over.  

Signed,

Me

XOXOXOX
HA HA HA, I feel the same way.  And for an audio product for (and by, I assume) music and audio producers, it seems kind of ironic to have subtitles instead of voice overs. 
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

eusti

15 Apr 2015

challism wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Dear Retouch Control: the next time you do a product demo, please get in touch with me to voice over.  

Signed,

Me

XOXOXOX
challism wrote:
HA HA HA, I feel the same way.  And for an audio product for (and by, I assume) music and audio producers, it seems kind of ironic to have subtitles instead of voice overs. 
Same here! Leads me to another pet peeve of mine: Every video presented online should have some kind start sound... If it's not there I always worry that either there is an error with the website or my sound has been turned off...

D.

joeyluck

15 Apr 2015

I contacted Retouch and this was their response:

The best way to make that happen right now is to put the device in "External" pattern mode and use a gate input from a sequencer-tied device like the Matrix. Not only you can recreate the Figure patterns in Matrix, but you can create many more interesting variations so that it does not always sound the same. Personally, I think this is one of the most useful features of the device. After a while the stock patterns become boring, but I decided to put them there so that there is something quick to play with and it is reminiscent of Figure, for people who have used it.

I just tried this and it works well.
And again, it works great also as a simple X/Y CV control. 

They also said they really like my hue modification and will give it a try :)

Emian

15 Apr 2015

this video gave me a great idea to use Quad ('s x/y pad) :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

electrofux

15 Apr 2015

May i suggest a hold function? And control over the pattern speed would be nice too? Maybe pattern shift?

buddard
RE Developer

15 Apr 2015

challism wrote:

Signed,

Me

XOXOXOX
challism wrote:
We're definitely guilty of this as well. In our case it's because none of us are native English speakers, so we're not 100% comfortable with doing an English voice-over. But we might give it a try next time...

Tincture

15 Apr 2015

Give Enoch (Dylan) a shout, he sounds good. Plus, and this is a heads up for many foreign developers, he'll help get the grammar right ;) For manuals feel free to contact me, I'm English and pretty adept at such things. It'll be free.

electrofux

15 Apr 2015

Are the remote items for Octave Range and Octave Shift working?

Also what is the Trigger remote item doing? I was assuming it triggers the engine but it doesnt react when i turn the knob.
The others work but those three dont seem to.
I want to hook it up to the launchpad which is going to super great fun but i need to trigger it in some way from remote.

Code: Select all

Scope    Retouch Control    com.retouchcontrol.Slider        
//Scene remotables: substitute the appropriate slot # in the angle brackets 
Map    Knob1        Trigger 
Map    Knob2        X Position 
Map    Knob3        Y Position 
Map    Knob4        Pitch Density 
Map    Knob5        Octave Range 
Map    Knob6        Octave Shift
Map    Knob7        Scale Type
Map    Knob8        Key
Map    Knob9        Pattern