Korg Mono/Poly and Polysix

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MDTerps2015

10 Apr 2015

I have the mono/poly and i am trialling the polysix. Which do you prefer and why???? I am just wondering if they are too much alike to have both. They almost seem like twins and im trying to find the differences if there are any besides osc's.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

raymondh

10 Apr 2015

I think they're both great synths to have in your rack. 

Polysix is not as flexible as Mono/poly, but it is very fast to program and use. If you can get both then I would.

MDTerps2015

10 Apr 2015

raymondh wrote:I think they're both great synths to have in your rack. 

Polysix is not as flexible as Mono/poly, but it is very fast to program and use. If you can get both then I would.

Whats funny is i thought the same thing about how fast it was to program. I love the Mono/poly and the Polysix just kind of fell into trial with me because i was looking for a synth with tweakable bass patches. I tried Tres and thought it was ok, Meteora well just..... i will be nice. I have Orange and its a beast. I m not ready to spend a hundy on a synth because those under that do pretty well. 

joeyluck

11 Apr 2015

IMO the Mono/Poly is one of the best synths in the rack. I had tried Polysix early on and it is good as well, but I don't remember it well enough. I likely didn't buy it at the time because I was probably waiting for a Legacy bundle?

MDTerps2015

11 Apr 2015

I see the Mono/poly is wayyy more versatile. I have had Mono/Poly for a while and i love the basslines and Unison leads you can get out it. I dont have the PolySix but this is great for basslines and leads. The biggest difference I can see in the CPU usage. Side by side PolySix wins hands downs. Im considering buying it. 

rabu

11 Apr 2015

I owned both synth as hardware back in the days. Still love the PolySix, especially for strings and ease of use. Sure the MonoPoly is more versatile, but they are different enough to own both IMHO.

submonsterz

11 Apr 2015

Never tried mono poly but poly six I grab often in my stuff love it's simplicity and some tones it generates
polysix layered with predator = lovely lush sounds .

MDTerps2015

11 Apr 2015

submonsterz wrote:Never tried mono poly but poly six I grab often in my stuff love it's simplicity and some tones it generates polysix layered with predator = lovely lush sounds .
Ok Ok ok Im going in. Im going to buy the Polysix because i love the sounds too. Im thinking more along the lines of layering it with the Orange because as much as i LOVE the Orange i think its missing that gritty saw sound. Unless im not finding the parameters thats about all its missing. And this is coming from a plug and tweak then play guy. Not much for designing sounds. 

• Information