PunchBD RE - attack and decay clicks when using a low frequency sine

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
jappe

07 Apr 2015

Hi,
I've just started to look into making patches with the lovelyPunchBD RE.
anyone knows the solution of this problem?

To reproduce:

1. Reset the PunchBD RE patch
2. Enable only Model1; set it to Sine with Low osc wave.
3. Frequency Start and End both to 40Hz
4. Amp Env Hold to 150ms
5.Amp Env decay to 5.7ms

I get bot attack and decay clicks.
I can take care of the decay with increasing the Decay for Model1 only.
But how do I set the Attack for model 1 only?

There is a global synth attack knob, but I don't wan't the attack for model 2 to be slow when i proceed and set that up.

NaviRetlav

08 Apr 2015

The best way to get the correct answer for this is to sent the email directly to RobPapen support.
Trust me, we collaborate with him a lot, and he tries to answer all the questions he can. :)

jappe

09 Apr 2015

NaviRetlav wrote:THe best way to get the correct answer for this is to sent the email directly to RobPapen support.
Trust me, we collaborate with him a lot, and he tries all the questions he can. :)
Thank's, good to know.
It's not that big of a problem though;I guess it is a feature request.

ScavvP

09 Apr 2015

jappe wrote:...But how do I set the Attack for model 1 only?...
You could use the free envelope. Set the level for M1 to 0 in the mixer and make the following mod matrix assignment: envelope->M1 Volume >100%  or leave the level as is, use -100% for the mod amount and change the decay on the envelope.

You can reduce the clicking this way but to get rid of it completely you'll have to use long attack times

jappe

27 Apr 2015

jappe wrote:...But how do I set the Attack for model 1 only?...
ScavvP wrote:
You could use the free envelope. Set the level for M1 to 0 in the mixer and make the following mod matrix assignment: envelope->M1 Volume >100%  or leave the level as is, use -100% for the mod amount and change the decay on the envelope.

You can reduce the clicking this way but to get rid of it completely you'll have to use long attack times
Thank's.

normen

27 Apr 2015

A 40Hz wave takes 25milliseconds for a full phase. So if you use attack and decay times below that you "cut" into the wave and thus create waves above 40Hz, audible as clicks or other artifacts.

• Information