Predator CV Out

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Puckboy2000

03 Apr 2015

Hi Predator Users,

I have been trying to CV the Predator's Arp into another device.
I have not been successful.
It has been working when using the Antidote's CV Arp out, but it is not working for Pred.
Any idea what I may be doing wrong?
Do i have to enable something on the Pred to allow the CV out to another device?
I use the Arpeggiator Tune out to Note in on the other device,
and Arpeggiator Gate out to the Gate in on the other device, correct?

Also, is there a way to CV the Pred's Trance Gate to another device?

Thanks,
Attachments
Pred_Rear.jpg
Pred_Rear.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 955 times
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

eusti

04 Apr 2015

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

D.
Attachments
PredatorArpCVOut.jpg
PredatorArpCVOut.jpg (256.34 KiB) Viewed 954 times

Puckboy2000

04 Apr 2015

eusti wrote:Not sure if this is what you're looking for.

D.
I did that with the poly six and it was not working.?!?!
I will try it again. I thought I was doing it right but it wasn't arp'ing the poly six. Do I need to reset the device so there's no patch on the Pred???
The weird thing was I was getting the midi note on the korg but it was only a single note but and not the arp. Thanks.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

Emian

04 Apr 2015

best to load an ARP patch on the predator to start, you can change/tweak after  :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Puckboy2000

04 Apr 2015

Emian wrote:best to load an ARP patch on the predator to start, you can change/tweak after  :)

Thanks, I will try that.

Jagwah

05 Apr 2015

You need to route the CV cables as suggested in Eusti's image. Also as Emian said make sure you have an ARP patch loaded on Predator. Then all you need to do is make sure you are feeding a note / notes to Predator in the sequencer.

It's a very cool method I use it a lot. I also like to split the CV from Predator to multiple devices, sometimes just adding NNXT mallets or something to a bassline and also changing the octave and adding delays with Deadman Audio's 'Get layed with voltage,' good times. :comp:

Puckboy2000

05 Apr 2015

Jagwah wrote:You need to route the CV cables as suggested in Eusti's image. Also as Emian said make sure you have an ARP patch loaded on Predator. Then all you need to do is make sure you are feeding a note / notes to Predator in the sequencer.

It's a very cool method I use it a lot. I also like to split the CV from Predator to multiple devices, sometimes just adding NNXT mallets or something to a bassline and also changing the octave and adding delays with Deadman Audio's 'Get layed with voltage,' good times. :comp:
Cool. Thanks Jag.
I will try the patch first method.
I did the double arp using Antidote to layer the Korg and Poly Six and KHOne and it sounded really good.
I just couldn't figure out why Pred wasn't working. I thought I was losing my mind.

Puckboy2000

05 Apr 2015

Jagwah wrote:You need to route the CV cables as suggested in Eusti's image. Also as Emian said make sure you have an ARP patch loaded on Predator. Then all you need to do is make sure you are feeding a note / notes to Predator in the sequencer.

I haven't tried the Deadman RE yet. That's a great idea on delaying a bass in another octave. I will try that. Thanks

challism

05 Apr 2015

FYI, you can delay CV with Thor, so you don't need to buy an RE to do that.

http://www.reasontalk.com/post/delaying ... 1286726245
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Puckboy2000

06 Apr 2015

Cool. Thank you. So do you delay the main base sound, or just the higher octave bass?

• Information