Predator RE update is in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
craven

01 Apr 2015

Finally!

What an interesting day to release :)

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... nstrument/
:ugeek:

RPSupport

01 Apr 2015

And you beat me too it. Doe's that make me an April fool?? :)

craven

01 Apr 2015

if this is an April fools, please fool us more! 

thanks for the great update - I got it while it was still warm :)

RPSupport

01 Apr 2015

Image Please also notice that we have also added a Facebook icon. Just click and Predator RE will fully integrate with it.
Attachments
FB_Predator.jpg
FB_Predator.jpg (292.09 KiB) Viewed 2028 times

craven

01 Apr 2015

yes, I noticed it already and wondered if we can share patches like this. This update is huge!

RPSupport

01 Apr 2015

craven wrote:yes, I noticed it already and wondered if we can share patches like this. This update is huge!
Yep, just click on the FB icon and your patches will be shared to all your Facebook friends even if they don't own Predator RE!

-008'

01 Apr 2015

RPSupport wrote:
Yep, just click on the FB icon and your patches will be shared to all your Facebook friends even if they don't own Predator RE!
I fixed it for you. Please PM me for info on my RE-design fee(s)

Attachments
fixed_it.jpg
fixed_it.jpg (203.44 KiB) Viewed 2011 times
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

craven

01 Apr 2015

it's actually pretty sexy in that blue dress, or wait, black and golden... oh man.

submonsterz

01 Apr 2015

Another sdk2 only update ?? Hope not as that will be another re I can't update no more with something I can't see needing sdk2 for !!.
And more to that I really really hope the Facebook icon integration is youre April fools for today . A I really hope that is the case as that right there would had been a feature I'd had never bought predator in the first place because of that one integration right there no thanks..................

craven

01 Apr 2015

I guess that Props don't allow supporting SDKs before version 2 anymore - not sure if that is also true for updates, but it might be (no fooling here), regarding facebook integration I would not worry too much :-)

eusti

01 Apr 2015

submonsterz wrote:Another sdk2 only update ?? Hope not as that will be another re I can't update no more with something I can't see needing sdk for !!. And more to that I really really hope the Facebook icon integration is youre April fools for today . A I really hope that is the case as that right there would had been a feature I'd had never bought predator in the first place because of that one integration right there no thanks..................
The FB thing is due to today's date. Ochen K had mentioned that the devs do not have access to the SDK 1 anymore, so all new REs and update would be SDK 2 from now on.

D.

submonsterz

01 Apr 2015

craven wrote:I guess that Props don't allow supporting SDKs before version 2 anymore - not sure if that is also true for updates, but it might be (no fooling here), regarding facebook integration I would not worry too much :-)
it states minor fixes for the release version and I'd there needed to be minor fixes they also need to be for sdk1 version too so props will need to think that out fixes = a product not working as meant to be . And them fixes should technically be for all versions if they exist in previous versions of the sdk. Improvements in code or added features that require a new sdk version fine but not fixes etc .

RPSupport

01 Apr 2015

submonsterz wrote:Another sdk2 only update ?? Hope not as that will be another re I can't update no more with something I can't see needing sdk2 for !!.
And more to that I really really hope the Facebook icon integration is youre April fools for today . A I really hope that is the case as that right there would had been a feature I'd had never bought predator in the first place because of that one integration right there no thanks..................
Sdk 1 isn't available to developers now, so the only way to update would be to upgrade to the current versions of Reason/Essentials.

The Facebook integration is due to the date. :)

eusti

01 Apr 2015

craven wrote:I guess that Props don't allow supporting SDKs before version 2 anymore - not sure if that is also true for updates, but it might be (no fooling here), regarding facebook integration I would not worry too much :-)
submonsterz wrote: it states minor fixes for the release version and I'd there needed to be minor fixes they also need to be for sdk1 version too so props will need to think that out fixes = a product not working as meant to be . And them fixes should technically be for all versions if they exist in previous versions of the sdk. Improvements in code or added features that require a new sdk version fine but not fixes etc .
As I'm not a developer I do not know for sure, but it seems that EVERY change from now on is going to be SDK 2. You may not like that, but that seems to be the fact.

D.

craven

01 Apr 2015

submonsterz wrote: it states minor fixes for the release version and I'd there needed to be minor fixes they also need to be for sdk1 version too so props will need to think that out fixes = a product not working as meant to be . And them fixes should technically be for all versions if they exist in previous versions of the sdk. Improvements in code or added features that require a new sdk version fine but not fixes etc .
yeah, it sucks a bit, I was not defending Props. So maybe there is some fooling going on beyond today. However, from a company's perspective I can understand, that they don't want to deal with support for several different SDK versions. One (cumbersome?) solution might be providing updates for older versions of Reason so they would support newer SDKs as well. Then again, newer SDKs seem to be one of the incentives to get the latest version of Reason, not sure if a company would like to miss out on this.

submonsterz

01 Apr 2015

submonsterz wrote:Another sdk2 only update ?? Hope not as that will be another re I can't update no more with something I can't see needing sdk2 for !!.
RPSupport wrote:
Sdk 1 isn't available to developers now, so the only way to update would be to upgrade to the current versions of Reason/Essentials.

The Facebook integration is due to the date. :)
sent you a private mail maybe you'll understand my situation and why I won't blurt my situation here in public. I'll keep letting people think I have no clue or idea about how things work or the go update crap etc you'll understand by my message why this will not work for me. :frown: .

submonsterz

01 Apr 2015

craven wrote:
yeah, it sucks a bit, I was not defending Props. So maybe there is some fooling going on beyond today. However, from a company's perspective I can understand, that they don't want to deal with support for several different SDK versions. One (cumbersome?) solution might be providing updates for older versions of Reason so they would support newer SDKs as well. Then again, newer SDKs seem to be one of the incentives to get the latest version of Reason, not sure if a company would like to miss out on this.
all combinations of each sdk1 device has not been exhausted things are still for a time yet going to be found I'm finding things regular minor bugs but I'm shure with the combinations still to be made and settings to make between all of them there is going to be bugs found and that to me says you cannot stop previous sdk versions for bug fixes yet. As I say for improvements etc all fair play but not for fixes it's a wrong doing .

Emian

01 Apr 2015

thx for the update ! can't wait to try out, i guess Quad will feel alone the comming day :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

riemac

01 Apr 2015

Thanks for the nice update!

Could you please implement following features in the next update:

- The minimum value for oversampling on the backside is at the moment 4X.
   A new option for 1X oversampling would be great, to reduce CPU load.

- Please fix the white boarders behind the text in the FX sections. It would look
   a lot better if it were transparent. With Quad I have the same problem.

Thanks and keep up the good work

challism

01 Apr 2015

Thanks for the update, downloading it now.
And I'm glad that Facebook icon is an April 1st thing... I was going to complain about that. 

Thanks again RP and the gang!!  Predator rocks even harder now (I'm sure)
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

craven

01 Apr 2015

submonsterz wrote:all combinations of each sdk1 device has not been exhausted things are still for a time yet going to be found I'm finding things regular minor bugs but I'm shure with the combinations still to be made and settings to make between all of them there is going to be bugs found and that to me says you cannot stop previous sdk versions for bug fixes yet. As I say for improvements etc all fair play but not for fixes it's a wrong doing .
yes, but what is wrong with your version of Predator? I don't think there is any bug that you needed to be fixed. You are right to be pissed about the fact that Props just didn't think this through. As users, we should have certain rights, e.g. bugfixes without the need to upgrade (which might be impossible if you have no Windows 7 etc.)

ScuzzyEye

01 Apr 2015

People complaining about the SDK2 requirement are working with the assumption that simply re-building an RE with SDK2 doesn't add anything. That may not be a correct assumption to make.

challism

01 Apr 2015

Their ending of support for SDK1 kind of breaks the Props backwards comparability claim, doesn't it?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

ScuzzyEye

01 Apr 2015

challism wrote:Their ending of support for SDK1 kind of breaks the Props backwards comparability claim, doesn't it?
No.

They never claimed older versions of Reason would forever be able to run all future REs. What they said is any RE made will always work with all future versions of Reason. You can always upgrade Reason, and all REs will continue to work.

raymondh

02 Apr 2015

Dunno about SDK stuff, but gosh this update is fantastic! The new unison spread mode is really excellent (as it is on QUAD), and the new patches are really excellent.

Well done and thanks to Rob and Jon!

This synth really is a beast. The other day I fired up Albino 3 (in my vst host) and while it did have a unique sound, I thought meh, I don't miss this at all. Predator really takes it away!

• Information