how to slow down the pulsar

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ahs

29 Mar 2015

there was a "trick" in the old forum to slow down the pulsar with a second pulsar (behind the slowest settings you can get) but i can't remember howto do this !?

kloeckno

29 Mar 2015

If you use a negative CV on the Rate CV input, it will go slower. Set it to the slowest speed on the front panel too since the CV inputs add or subtract from the front panel's knob value.

You can use Thor as a CV source, or one of the several other stock devices that can output CV. Thor can output negative CV values on it's own, other devices may need a Spider to invert it.

ahs

30 Mar 2015

yep, thank you !

selig
RE Developer

30 Mar 2015

BTW, there are many devices including Thor that can respond to driving values higher or lower beyond their front panel controls (I use it for slow LFOs all the time in Thor) - but not all.

Some devices clamp the CV values to the same range as the knob, so you'll have to try before you'll know!   :)
Selig Audio, LLC

ahs

30 Mar 2015

i was asking because i have bought the "analog sequencer" wich goes only to 1000ms !!!

selig
RE Developer

30 Mar 2015

ahs wrote:i was asking because i have bought the "analog sequencer" wich goes only to 1000ms !!!
Does it respond to external CVs driving that level higher?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

ahs

30 Mar 2015

thats the question !

selig
RE Developer

30 Mar 2015

ahs wrote:thats the question !
Are you asking someone else to test it for you? It will take you all of 30 seconds to try it yourself, and I asked because I figured after having it explained you'd tried it by now. It's REALLY that simple, btw. I'm happy to explain further - but assuming you've got the trial loaded, it would be faster for you to simply try it yourself than for me to download the trial and do it. 

Sorry for any confusion there…   :)
Selig Audio, LLC

ahs

31 Mar 2015

@selig

thank you for helping out. english is not my native language, so some misunderstanding can happen sometimes.

i have the analog sequencer (wich goes down to only 10000ms) and couldn't remember the method to slowdown it further. so i have to test it now with negative cv.

cheers

ahs

31 Mar 2015

the trick does not work for analog sequencer because the ext. input is only triiger impulse but i can use a pulsar

• Information