"Some Rack Extensions Are Online-Only"

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
davidicus

28 Mar 2015

this recently started showing up when i start Reason. is this new? i don't have any trial REs at the moment, so it's particularly annoying having to log in every time like this without knowing why.

MDTerps2015

28 Mar 2015

Shouldnt be. When i trial one, that shows up. When im done trialling whether time expired or i dont like it i go into my authorizer and delete them. You lose the rest of the time you have to trial it. To answer your question i have never had that happen to me unless i was trialling. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

davidicus

28 Mar 2015

ok, i wonder if it still thinks i'm trialing because i bought before the time was up then...? it turns me off trials somewhat

MDTerps2015

28 Mar 2015

Well i just did the same thing like two hours ago. I was trialling EVE AT4 and liked it so i bought but the sign in prompt went away. Open your authorizer and see if there is anything in there that you may have been trialling and done with and delete it. I just deleted five extensions all eq's and im having no problem. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

jappe

29 Mar 2015

Happens to me to. Currently I have zero trial RE's installed.
do have a trial I haven't yet downloaded and installed - but the alert message in Reason tells me I have trial RE:s installed.

Licensing protection should never get in the way of users who bought the product.

I'm guessing that it is the non-installed trial that causes this - despite of the message about "installed" RE.
So how do I remove that trial from my account? I see no button for that - only Download!
EDIT:Currently sitting on a bus from Copenhagen to Berlin. It's supposed to be a high-speed Internet. It's a Eurolines bus, so of it is not though.
But I am able to post, so this forum accepts the internet speed.

But the piece of SHIT Propellerheads Authorizer does not seem to accept the crappy internet speed: Before I left home I started Reason, and Authorized it, since Authorizer was fed up and told me I had trial versions installed - which I absolutely had not.
I then put my MacPro into sleep mode: And once Authorized, it should remain authorized unless I reboot - right?
But no: Working with my open Reason project works fine; authorizer says Yes. But if I try to open any other Reason file, Authorizer says "Failed opening song - The song could not be opened because we could not access the Propellerhead server". 
Why would it even try to do that?
I have bought a license, and Authorizer fucks with me!?
This pisses me off quite a bit - you need to address this ASAP Props.

gak

29 Mar 2015

So, for me, the "license" issue only seems to happen in two situations. One, that I bought something. Then it's a simple matter of just hitting the "ok" button for reason to get up to date on the licensing and then that is that. Two, a weirder "server" thing that isn't regular. Strangely, this seems to be tied to certain songs  :s0106:  Not sure how to respond to that one. Currently it's nothing huge. I've owned reason now for almost 2 months and demoed/bought a fairly sensible amount. 

DinoJ

29 Mar 2015

I too have had the login box popping up recently for no apparent reason as I have nothing on trial and have not for a while but I do have quite a few bought REs. Looked in Authoriser and could not see any diference between what I have and should have. 

What fixed it for me was logging into My Account on the website, going to the Rack Extensions bit where you can view all the ones you got and then clicked on the Sync All button. Only downside to this was that it reinstalled a couple I did not want on anymore but they were easily deleted from the Authoriser.

jappe

29 Mar 2015

DinoJ wrote:I too have had the login box popping up recently for no apparent reason as I have nothing on trial and have not for a while but I do have quite a few bought REs. Looked in Authoriser and could not see any diference between what I have and should have. 

What fixed it for me was logging into My Account on the website, going to the Rack Extensions bit where you can view all the ones you got and then clicked on the Sync All button. Only downside to this was that it reinstalled a couple I did not want on anymore but they were easily deleted from the Authoriser.
Right; I would do that if there is a way to remove a trial RE that I haven't yet downloaded. But I cant find any way!?

@Mathias or any other Prop occasionally visiting this forum, I think you have the explanation and workaround for us?
And bug report perhaps? EDIT: I'm currently on a bus from Copenhagen to Berlin with a "high-speed Internet". The High-speed thing is not happening, but at least I am able to slowly post on ReasonTalk. But The Authorizer fucks with me. I can work with my already open Reason file, but when I try to open another saved file, I get "FAILED OPENING SONG - The song could not be opened because we could not access the Propellerhead Authorization Server". WTF!?? I logged in before I went from home, open Reason and Authorized, and then just put my MacPro in sleep mode - and it is supposed to persist the authorization right? But It still needs a connection!? This is NOT what I expected; I was looking forward to some hours of Reasoning. They need to address these problems and fix it ASAP!

Kategra

29 Mar 2015

Long live Propellerhead!!! Otherwise the RE service (we bought a service, not actual products :s0221: :s0221: :s0221: ) drops dead when those unpaid server bills pile up!

kloeckno

29 Mar 2015

Or you guys can authorize your computer and you don't have to sign in at all.

davidicus

29 Mar 2015

in my case, i authorized my laptop a couple months ago, so i'm extra frustrated wondering why i have to log in all the time like this now.

i don't have great bandwidth, either, and Reason sign-ins fail about one in five times--seems to time out really quickly or something.

are there *some* REs that communicate with a server for some reason? if so, i wish i'd been warned before buying them.

i'm taking Dino's advice and trying a Sync All from the web site. now Radical Piano 1.0.3 is downloading, so maybe it's an update that's causing this

kloeckno

29 Mar 2015

Oh, I see. If you have authorized your computer then the only reason you'd have to use internet verification is for Try licences or beta testing. Unless there is some bug in the Authorizer program, that shouldn't happen. Syncing your licenses will probably fix it.

I have my computer authorized and I perform live and practice with my bands all the time with Reason and REs, so it would be a huge problem if that happened. But if I don't go online and mess with any trials or whatever, everything has worked for me for a few years now. I had REs from day one.

zeebot

29 Mar 2015

This happened to me a while ago, I simply re-sync my REs, everything updated and the problem went away. I suspect it was a device I was beta testing at one point that hadn't completely gone.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

davidicus

29 Mar 2015

whew. found an old trial i hadn't deleted and i think deleting it solved it. wonder why they don't self-destruct

frog974new

30 Mar 2015

there's 2 things
1) Licence on the PH website
2) Licence on the Authorizer

when we DL a trial Re or a Beta Re
need onine request until the trial go off and Aunthorizer update Licence expired

why they don't self-destruct on the ignition key ..?
may be PH won't users spend their time to re-DL the Re
may be its a security for data hdd access
may be PH can't do this feature

we don't know really all requirements behind the closed door 8-)

somes bugs i've seen on our forum Reason France :
- compatibily with third program , e.g. Razer Game Booster , Steam ( very rare )
- Authoryzer installed on Corrupt cluster ( hdd ) , just proced to an other install for the authorizer
- the authorizer not updated to the last build , keep your authorizer updated (Maj)^^
- firewall and the authorizer , let access on your firewall for the authorizer
- Spybots on other log like this , let access on your Privacy log for the authoryzer
- Java , some old version occure minors bugs with Authorizer

if we don't any plan to buy a trial version , delete this one ( same for beta version ) may fix some bug also

Neo

12 Apr 2017

I discovered the browser may be an issue also. When your SYNC ALL make sure your using IE, not Chrome or Firefox. Cheers for the thread.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

Marc Swing

27 Oct 2017

I've got this problem now...

New computer and i have deauthorize the old one and uthorize the new one, but still get that login box.
I have no trial or beta Re

LudvigC
Reason Studios

27 Oct 2017

If you get the "Some Rack Extensions are Online-Only" dialog on start, and you don't have any trial REs (that you want to run at the moment), click "Continue".

Then Reason launches with all REs that are authorized on the computer. I.e. with all REs *except* the ones that are online-only. You don't have to go online.

/ LudvigC

Gothi

06 May 2021

I am afraid this has become a permanent problem to me. It happens to me even if I do not trial the REs first. I just bought the Inspiral RE and Mutation Collider without trialing them, but they register as trials, and I get the prompt. If I say "continue", Reason simply loads without them. It has happened in 90% of my purchases or so, and the prompt won't go away until 30 days after when the "trials" expire. This must be a permanent flaw in their system. It is so frustrating that I have decided to skip REs and stick to VSTis until I get a confirmation that it is solved once and for all. Have contacted support of course and hope to find more effective solutions than the ones given here. I am on Mac and Big Sur, btw.

Kind Regards

rmtcvolte

06 May 2021

Gungnir wrote:
06 May 2021
I am afraid this has become a permanent problem to me. It happens to me even if I do not trial the REs first. I just bought the Inspiral RE and Mutation Collider without trialing them, but they register as trials, and I get the prompt. If I say "continue", Reason simply loads without them. It has happened in 90% of my purchases or so, and the prompt won't go away until 30 days after when the "trials" expire. This must be a permanent flaw in their system. It is so frustrating that I have decided to skip REs and stick to VSTis until I get a confirmation that it is solved once and for all. Have contacted support of course and hope to find more effective solutions than the ones given here. I am on Mac and Big Sur, btw.

Kind Regards
Do you tried this?:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7523021

challism

06 May 2021

Kategra wrote:
29 Mar 2015
Long live Propellerhead!!! Otherwise the RE service (we bought a service, not actual products :s0221: :s0221: :s0221: ) drops dead when those unpaid server bills pile up!
I shutter at this thought. Truly a scary one. :(
I've been reassured by them (when they were the Props) that they would certainly come up with some kind of solution for us all if they were to ever go out of business, God forbid. I truly hope they would do something to enable us all to use our products without having to connect to their servers.

As for the OP, I've only had this problem when running a beta or trialing an RE. I'm usually always beta testing something, so I get it all the time.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Gothi

07 May 2021

rmtcvolte wrote:
06 May 2021
Do you tried this?:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7523021
Mac user here, but i have tried everything, including uninstall, vacuum cleaning, reinstall on both my macs. It is driving me nuts. Only positive side effect is that I have come to know some fine VSTi alternatives to REs recently. I have only recently come back to software after 5 years away, and the last thing I want to return to is the old demon of install problems. Either it works instantly, or I a skip it. I do not have patience for these time consuming exercises in 2021. Thought we had left the stoneage, but nah.

Kind Regards

• Information