I need to go to RE-hab

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
gak

29 Apr 2015

(faceplam)

I've TOTALLY broken my rules :x  

I now have 8 million RE's after trying NOT to be that guy. 

Ok, so it's not that bad. I bought 2 kuassa's (58 bucks for both) and the red rock comp (45 bucks) and I'm seriously leaning towards the 670 mcdsp since it seems to catch peaks so well (49 bucks if it doesn't go on sale)

But I've been demoing too much. So now there are at least 5 RE's that I rolled the dice on that I don't like and I'm pissed at myself for trying them.

dvdrtldg

30 Apr 2015

Softphonics wrote: My two cents...  
I think some people have lost their way a bit. By all means if you are producing more music and better quality music well that is good. But unfortunately there is quite a number of people who have become so embroiled in collecting re's that they stop making as much music. Like overkill. It could be an addiction. But the way to combat the addiction is to remember reason for the way it was, the challenge of creating a masterpiece with a hand full of stock devices. And also evaluate you music. Is it any better or are you producing more of it. The fact is there is some who make very little music yet spend a serious amount of time in the prop shop and in forums etc.. Reason is first and foremost for creating music for the little eccentric man who lives in your head. Challenge him and get back to the roots of what made you love reason in the first place :)
You make some good points. My trouble, though, is that the eccentric little man in my head is relatively new to digital music production and he's completely fascinated with how various devices work. He sees an RE as a learning tool as much as anything else, and if I trial one and if it seems interesting and has any conceivable future application at all, he makes me buy it. As a result, he's led me to buy way more REs than I really "need" for the limited quantity of music I produce. But I'm still very grateful for his curiosity, as I'm learning way more than I would if I got all puritan about it, stayed off the discussion forums and confined myself to the stock Reason devices.

Plus, you know, fuck it, it's my money.

challism

30 Apr 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:
Plus, you know, fuck it, it's my money.
HA HA HA HA HA, EXACTLY!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

zakalwe

30 Apr 2015

gak wrote:But I've been demoing too much. So now there are at least 5 RE's that I rolled the dice on that I don't like and I'm pissed at myself for trying them.
i hate this.  i always seem to have some massive manic compulsive try button attack at the least appropriate moment, usually when i end up having no time and not being able to put it properly through tests.  i wish they'd either do a global reset on trials every year or just rethink the whole concept.

i much prefer to trial VST/AUs from valhalla DSP or u-he because of this.  sure, they interfere with the output of the plugin instead which is annoying but i can keep coming back (oh yes vintageverb one day you will be mine) to my wish list.

gak

30 Apr 2015

When I haven't had the pressure of time I have evaluated very efficiently. 30 days is plenty and what I like is no limitations during the evaluation. Not having hissing/dropouts/etc is handy and you can save projects and check back later with a clear head. Don't want it? just delete it. When I get on a "kick" (like I want "this" sound and I don't think I can get it) then it's willy-nilly. 

Must
get
back
on
track!

:rofl:

The good news is that "gasish" thing seems to be over for the time being.

robgs

30 Apr 2015

You know you have bad GAS when you go through your rack collections and notice gear that you forgot you bought or forgotten how it works.. Charlotte...
:reason: :record: :refill: :reload: :re: :PUF_take: :refillpacker: :recycle: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

pjeudy

01 May 2015

Did someone say they needed RE Hab  :)  
http://www.djr3hab.com/
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eusti

01 May 2015

Love your post, dvdrtldg!!! Made me smile broadly! Thank you! :)

D.

• Information