Love for 3plex

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
zeebot

20 Mar 2015

What a brilliant RE!!
Flipped by this when it came out as I thought "hey, just another delay" but having been part of the synthetic bundle I have just had my first play with it.
Its fantastic! Highly recommend it in conjunction with echobode, some off the wall stuff happening with this combo.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Parameter

20 Mar 2015

Hi, thanks for sharing!

Please can you post the delay you have achieved?

Emian

20 Mar 2015

so you do still buy RE's after all, Zeeb ? ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

zeebot

20 Mar 2015

Emian wrote:so you do still buy RE's after all, Zeeb ? ;)
I know right!! Damn props and their amazing sales!! I'm done now, no more REs I promise :)

They really are crap.

Emian

20 Mar 2015

zeebot wrote:
I know right!! Damn props and their amazing sales!! I'm done now, no more REs I promise :)

hey, i was joking ;) !

i told myself before x-mass i bought "the last" RE's during Black Friday sales ....
till i saw these bundles  :) .... i haven't bought any yet, but the Synthetic Rig & Outboard Rig look so attractive... maybe this summer ... ;)

So, congratz on your purchase, & hey, since you now own Euclid , check out this combinator i made if you hadn't allready; hook it up to 2 (or more) synths using the Note outs & the Gate/INV Gate CV outputs of the spiders inside the comb...
you'll get some really cool rhytmic synth-sounds wich are controllable (Density => rotary one & gate width => rotary  2 )

here's just a track i did based on Euclid controlling the synths :

Enjoy your purchases, & hope to  meet you in the ABL-3 contest (wich will come i believe... ;) )

dvdrtldg

20 Mar 2015

3Plex is great, I find the UI a bit fiddly, and it always takes me a while to get results with it that I like. Definitely not one of those devices where you just whack it into the rack & within seconds you've dialled in a cool sound. But it's definitely worth the effort.

electrofux

22 Mar 2015

How is the cpu use compared to echobode?

zeebot

22 Mar 2015

Emian wrote:
zeebot wrote:
Emian wrote:  
hey, i was joking ;) !

i told myself before x-mass i bought "the last" RE's during Black Friday sales ....
till i saw these bundles  :) .... i haven't bought any yet, but the Synthetic Rig & Outboard Rig look so attractive... maybe this summer ... ;)

So, congratz on your purchase, & hey, since you now own Euclid , check out 
Emian wrote:this combinator
Emian wrote: i made if you hadn't allready; hook it up to 2 (or more) synths using the Note outs & the Gate/INV Gate CV outputs of the spiders inside the comb...
you'll get some really cool rhytmic synth-sounds wich are controllable (Density => rotary one & gate width => rotary  2 )

here's just a track i did based on Euclid controlling the synths :
Emian wrote:  
Enjoy your purchases, & hope to  meet you in the ABL-3 contest (wich will come i believe... ;) )

Nice track :)
I haven't even got around to hooking up euclid, I've been lost in the other REs but will give that combi a go for sure thanks.

As for cpu electrofux I've never took any notice, seems absolutely fine to me, had multiple 3plex running with no significant hit on my system.

They really are crap.

Emian

26 Aug 2015

Hey Zeebot !

I hope you got to know Euclid by now ?
i purchased the Syntetic rig myself , & o boy, that 3Plex is one cool device, so cool it plays a main role on a a main lead Synth (parsec, with 3plex on full wet) in an upcomming track i did with peter (Lansford), so thx for the tip as your topic 'guided' me to dive into 3plex :)

off Topic: in first instance i bought the Synthetic Rig mostly for MonoPoly, Punch & ReDominator; yet Viking was the synth that blew my mind the most.... the filters, oooh the filters... that great analogue sound....

best rig of the 3 if i can recommend anything/anyone :)

manisnotabird

26 Aug 2015

I like using the "time micro adjust" to create a stereo effect. Use two of the delay channels in parallel mode, set to the same basic time division, and then adjust the "time micro adjust" on one channel to a small positive amount, and the other to a small negative amount, and pan them hard left and hard right.

The only problem I have with this RE is it refuses to change mono to stereo (it'll output the left channel on the both the right and left outputs if you only have the left input connected). I have to connect a mono signal to a spider splitter, and run two copies of the mono signal into the L and R inputs in order to get it to output stereo.

• Information