Etch Red Dual Filter *FREE UPDATE** but no info on what was updated!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

19 Mar 2015

If a developer doesn't take the time to  copy and paste a few lines of text to state what was updated in there devices...should we take that to mean it's a small insignificant update ?

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... al-filter/
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

EnochLight

19 Mar 2015

pjeudy wrote:If a developer doesn't take the time to  copy and paste a few lines of text to state what was updated in there devices...should we take that to mean it's a small insignificant update ?

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... al-filter/
This seems to be the norm for FXpansion.  Back in November 2014, they updated to 1.03 and didn't note any changes.  I contacted their tech support and asked what was changed, and Drew stated:

- Envelope velocity tracking will now change correctly (Previously required a restart)
- Change of default preset to T.M.'s Parcel Cutter
- Etch Red now reacts properly to Reason Reset Call
- Graphical fixes
- Triplet and Timing modes should be fixed (since previous build 1.0.2)

That said, I have no idea what they changed in 1.04 now.  Looks like I'll have to open a new support ticket and ask him again.  
*shrugs*

I'll update this thread after he responds.

Cheers

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

pjeudy

19 Mar 2015

EnochLight wrote: That said, I have no idea what they changed in 1.04 now.  Looks like I'll have to open a new support ticket and ask him again.  
*shrugs*

I'll update this thread after he responds.

Cheers
Ah...cool thanks.
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

EnochLight

20 Mar 2015

UPDATE...

It fixed the following bug:
[1.0.3] No sound from linked HP filter when opening a project

Regards,

Drew Vernon
QA Manager
FXpansion Audio UK Ltd
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

-008'

20 Mar 2015

Thanks for that Enoch! Hate when the devs leave us wondering... :)
:reason: "Reason is not measured by size or height, but by principle.” -Epictetus

Free Kits and :refill: @ -008' Sounds

EnochLight

20 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:Is it just an SDK2 update?
No, see the aforementioned post.
-008' wrote:Thanks for that Enoch! Hate when the devs leave us wondering... :)
No problem!  Thankfully, FXpansion's tech support is industry leading top-notch.  I always seem to get things answered within 24 hours.  That said, I have no idea why they don't just post the changelog to the shop page.  Perhaps it's their way of judging whether or not there's interest in their RE's still (since filing a support ticket is the only way to get an answer it would seem).  Although, I doubt they would want to make unnecessary work for themselves, so.. perhaps not?  Go figure!   ;)

pjeudy

20 Mar 2015

EnochLight wrote:UPDATE... It fixed the following bug: [1.0.3] No sound from linked HP filter when opening a project Regards, Drew Vernon QA Manager FXpansion Audio UK Ltd
THANKS..

decibel

20 Mar 2015

i wonder if we will see anything new in RE format from FXpansion in the near future ?

dvdrtldg

20 Mar 2015

decibel wrote:i wonder if we will see anything new in RE format from FXpansion in the near future ?
Hope so, their REs are among my very favourites

• Information