AD 480 Reverb is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
eusti

21 Mar 2015

TheMiles wrote:Gotta love how this thread unfolds... I know, its kind of a guilty pleasure, but following this thread is better then cinema...
Grinder One wrote:
It's all 
Grinder One wrote:  's fault...he started it :s0225:
Well, yes... I did start the thread... Not sure if I started the derailment as well though! ;)

D.

miscend

22 Mar 2015

normen wrote:The Reason market is tiny people, you'll have to get used to higher prices for smaller markets or simply see those markets die.
tumar wrote: Every time we got another overpriced or/and shitty RE made by homebrew developer I praise fact that I stick to VST/AU world. Frankly, I don't care whether this market die or not. Maybe it should die as quickly as possible. I purchased my first Mac in 1995. I was part od Commodore Amiga sect before ;) RE market really looks like dawn of Amiga market. I mean, we have few gems made by top developers (Softube, McDsp, Rob Papen, U-He etc), but we got bunch of mediocre and overpriced plugins (with poor 90s-like interface design). Every new RE is eagerly awaited and praised, even if it's not worth mentioning. I'm under no illusions, RE format has no future, even people from Propellerheads know that and keep RE limited for third party developers. Get real, people.
There are way more shitty synth edit/synth maker VSTs than the total number of Rack Extensions on the market. Also VST plugins can be a lot more expensive too.

miscend

22 Mar 2015

Djstarski wrote:I believe the RV7000 is the number all reverb , its the only reverb that has a gate built in and it can also been used for delay purposes . Place a RV7000 in a mix channel and there is a few extra controls to help . imho 
If only it sounded a lot better!

normen

22 Mar 2015

miscend wrote: If only it sounded a lot better!
RV7000 sounds a lot more Lexicon than this one at least. I do like this one very much though, I bought it.

Jagwah

22 Mar 2015

normen wrote:I do like this one very much though, I bought it.
Well done, we should arrange some sort of trophy for you.

selig
RE Developer

22 Mar 2015

Jagwah wrote: Well done, we should arrange some sort of trophy for you.
This doesn't sound civil - was that your intention?

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

22 Mar 2015

dannyF wrote:
dvdrtldg wrote:Jesus christ dannyF, do you have any idea what a tool you're being
dannyF wrote:  
dannyF wrote:Dont make the mistake of believing that I care what you think. 
dannyF wrote: As far as I am concerned, What I've been doing is calling people out on passive aggressive ( and now, agressive-aggressive ) behaviour. I don't care how you think you see this.... What would you like me to do ... respond to MY situation through the way YOU see it ( or want me to ) ? That's just not the way life works man.
I assume you don't understand this situation.... but I will restate this as some people aren't getting it : if I am "attacked" on subtle level or otherwise -  I will defend myself.
dannyF wrote:As far as Selig and the moderation
dannyF wrote: - I do not have an opinion other than Selig has allowed me to have a voice in defending myself so for that he wins points with me, although at the same time there might be some truth to what Mr44Hz was on about ( ie allowing the subtle remarks against those who don't glorify every new RE ).
Now can we get back on topic, or does someone else feel the need to keep this going?
I would ask that everyone consider that "defending yourself" is NOT something ANYONE want's to come to a Reason Forum to read (and if you DO, you've come to the wrong place).

Bluntly: This is not the place for you guys to attack and defend your "personal" issues.

If you are NOT talking about the AD 480 (or similar) in this thread, and are instead talking about "who started it", or playing moderator and calling out others on their "passive aggressive" attitude (which is about as passive aggressive as it gets, BTW), you are quite simply off topic. 

Do I REALLY have to keep coming back here and explaining the obvious to you fine folks, or can I trust you are mature enough to figure it out on your own?
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

22 Mar 2015

dannyF wrote:
Jagwah wrote: Well done, we should arrange some sort of trophy for you.
selig wrote:
This doesn't sound civil - was that your intention?

dannyF wrote:  
Are you mocking me Selig? 
No, I am most certainly NOT mocking you! I have total respect for all members here, and what you posted sounded very sarcastic and potentially antagonistic IMO. I apologize if what I said came off negatively in any way, that was not at all my intention. My intention was to inform you your post was not civil.

As for me "keeping this thing going",  I am a moderator for this forum, so I am EXPECTED to post here when I feel things are out possibly getting out of control. Everyone who is not a moderator is expected to keep threads "on topic". Sorry to be so crude about it, but I've not been having success with the more subtle approach.

If you need to speak further about why this is the way it is I will ask you take it to PMs. 

This thread is about the AD 480 reverb etc. - PLEASE discuss!
Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

22 Mar 2015

Video explaining the front panel: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJQOogFtdtE

D.

eusti

22 Mar 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic

22 Mar 2015

Damn, this thing is cool :shock: !

eusti

22 Mar 2015

I'm really glad that Thomas included the CV modulation options!

Makes it much more than "just" a reverb to me... More like a weirdifier... ;)

D.

eusti

22 Mar 2015

dannyF wrote: I really like the look of the AD 480. I'm not at all opposed to larger controls etc in the rack, in fact, you might say I favour the size of the controls. And yes modulation options are always welcome.
I agree! At first though, just seeing images of it, I felt it might take up too much space in the rack... But it felt ok working with it in the rack on my laptop...

D.

gak

23 Mar 2015

eusti wrote:Video explaining the front panel: 

D.
Thanks for posting this! This really demonstrates the capability the best of anything I've seen.

Frankly, I'm starting to see WHY this is a serious verb to consider. I'm not currently in the space where I'm ready to demo (and use up that 30 day trial) but I think for the money, this is a really good verb. Not sure if TSAR (quite a bit more) can do this. 

selig
RE Developer

23 Mar 2015

eusti wrote:Video explaining the front panel: 

D.
gak wrote:
Thanks for posting this! This really demonstrates the capability the best of anything I've seen.

Frankly, I'm starting to see WHY this is a serious verb to consider. I'm not currently in the space where I'm ready to demo (and use up that 30 day trial) but I think for the money, this is a really good verb. Not sure if TSAR (quite a bit more) can do this. 
For me it's the Dimension control (and the low cut/low damping controls) that takes this well beyond what TSAR can do. With Dimension set short you get more typical TSAR type sounds. But when it goes longer you can get some very nice "roomy" first-reflection effects.

I'm still not convinced the "dry distance" works for me - in the video example it sounds the opposite of what is being described to me FWIW. I'll use this reverb more in a send/return setup, so I'll not have any use for this control anyway.

The cross feed addition is nice as well, something else TSAR doesn't give you any control over. I still feel it was a "mistake" to not have the dry/wet control act like every other Reason effect - it's position should not be saved with the patch, which would then allow you to browse with the dry/wet set at your personal preference (like other Reason devices). I suspect this is another case of the developer not being 100% "Reason aware". The workarounds are not a deal breaker for me, but still a constant reminder of how the little things can make your life more pleasant!
Selig Audio, LLC

virtualpt

23 Mar 2015

“There’s enough material here for an entire conference,”   ;)

inmatus

25 May 2015

I wanted to read about the AD 480 and the thread was said to be about it. Why not start some flaming new thread where the fight can take place.. It is a bit boring to sit and scroll all the quotes.
That what the "moderation" is about and not "being able to say what you think" or not. Stick to the thread topic is polite and nice behaviour

Majestik Monkey

26 May 2015

Top "word" of this thread goes to . . . . . EUSTI 

For his fantastic WORD = [ Weirdifier ]  :t2018:  in reference to all the Cv inputs / Back panel of AD480 

Which was one of the reasons i bought it .... lol

eusti

26 May 2015

Majestik Monkey wrote:Top "word" of this thread goes to . . . . . EUSTI 

For his fantastic WORD = [ Weirdifier ]  :t2018:  in reference to all the Cv inputs / Back panel of AD480 

Which was one of the reasons i bought it .... lol
Thanks, MM! I'm so happy that he implemented those weird modulation capabilities!

D.

decibel

23 Jun 2015

hmmm nearly 7 pages of bickering and a few mentions of the AD 480, felt as if i was back on the PUF  for a minute there :)
cheers to the people who kept on topic and gave useful feedback ;)

Ostermilk

23 Jun 2015

decibel wrote:hmmm nearly 7 pages of bickering and a few mentions of the AD 480, felt as if i was back on the PUF  for a minute there :)
cheers to the people who kept on topic and gave useful feedback ;)
Short story from what I was able to gather.

It's a pretty cool 'verb all told but trial it first as it could well be or may not be your particular cup of tea.

;)

decibel

23 Jun 2015

Short story from what I was able to gather.

It's a pretty cool 'verb all told but trial it first as it could well be or may not be your particular cup of tea.
i do have a soft spot for reverb if the truth be told and it seemed like selig had a few favorable things to say about it, so it couldnt be all bad ;)
lucky its on sale for a month so ive got a few weeks to decide before my next pay go's in the bank etc yeah ;)

dvdrtldg

23 Jun 2015

I'm currently trialling it and really like it a lot, but as owner of quite a few reverb REs already, I'm primarily interested in something that can really bring out-of-the-box sounds. This one does weird very well, but there doesn't seem to be much weirdness on offer that I can't already achieve with RP Verb (via combi, if not straight into the back of the device) - although it's lighter on CPU than RP Verb.

I might be tempted just for the sake of a different UI, but even at this discount price it's a bit pricey with the exchange rate (US$55 at the moment equals 70 Australian rupees).

decibel

23 Jun 2015

yep, about $72 aud by the time the bank takes their snip for processing etc. i do like wierd so thats a bonus, maybe black friday might bring a better price ? maybe not ? :)

MDTerps2015

23 Jun 2015

I dont know if anyone has pitted this against the MK 2 in Reason but if anyone has what do you think or are they two totally different reverbs??????

150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

• Information