3x Super-Saver Blundles!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
steff3

19 Mar 2015

Those saying they are now mad at PHs - look around! One sale after another. Pluin Alliance, UAudio, NI. The economic situation is quite tough for this industry, I think.

I guess all of them would prefer to sell their products at reasonable prices and not have to have one sale after the other.

best

Last Alternative

19 Mar 2015

Pass. I finally have everything I need and am over the gear lust syndrome.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Gaja

19 Mar 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Pass. I finally have everything I need and am over the gear lust syndrome.
Yeah right... :)
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Last Alternative

19 Mar 2015

Gaja wrote:Yeah right... :)
Seriously... for now haha. Right now there really is nothing on my music buy list. Hasn't been since I got my new guitar and Mogami speaker cables. I'm happy as a clam and just focusing on making my album and singles on the side.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

bepemixer

19 Mar 2015

Hello everyone, I apologize for what I'm writing!
I do not think they are bundled for Propellerheads, but for producers of Rack Extension and libraries. I believe that once again proves Props to meet at all.
I would like to ask you a question, how many Rack Hardware you bought for $ 300 and then sold at 150?
Everyone is free to choose, FREE and this is important !!
I just hope that these offers are not a reflection of the economic situation, otherwise things would be much worse.
We have to make the assessment of what is contained, and then see what to buy or not.
I have not bought the version 8 of Reason just because I preferred to spend a little money for Rack Extension that interest me, and not because the upgrade was not worth the asking price from Props.
The difficulties are there for everyone, and we just have to help one another.
I have 110 Rack Extension, and in any case I am going to buy two bundles soon as I can, I am sure Props "understand" and will release anyway version 9 of Reason, when it's time.
Good music to all and thanks to Props
:s0717:
Io uso Reason perchè funziona sempre!! : :reason: :record: :recycle: :ignition: :refill: :reload:

Yonatan

19 Mar 2015

Not rewarding full price payments, will kill the RE market. I have had some thoughts on developing instruments, but I really right now cannot see much sense in doing so, unless just for the fun of it, and then can just make Refills instead.
I do not know how much Prop take, maybe about 30-50% for each RE sold. And as few will buy any full price item any more, everything will be sale after sale. The customers get nothing for going in early and supporting the developer while keeping up to date. Either you have so much extra money to spend, as it just does´nt matter to you, or you will just feel like a first class fool when all the € you paid is bringing not a dime back in form of % or oher loyalty offers. It is bad business, and might destroy the whole platform. if it is only tactic, that they try to bribe ppl deeper into the DAW, so that they too will have it hard to go for another boat, well, then they are cutting the branch they are sitting on. Smart it might be in the short desperate run, but in the long run, a system like this will self-die.  
It´s not a matter of not having any deals, just that every user feel they are onboard a ship with a good crew and a captain who knows where to sail. I doubt that at the moment. I want to escape from this but cannot jump into the sea swimming with the sharks, and no land is in view. And everywhere beside all the superdeals for new-comers, they still have the same old advertise: "Upgrade to Reason 8 now, €129 only!". Have they gone mad? Drunken too much Rom? Sorry for not being too optimistic with this trend. But Reason is not a totally free market, it is very closed system, and there can be good things if treated properly, but the downside effect is when the rulers have lost their way, then you feel like a prisoner wanting to escape to a saner company. With VST´s you´ve got that power, so they have to be on the tip toe, while Propps RE is great on the paper, but it all depends on one small company and their decisions. That is why we talking more about "faith" and "trust" almost like a sect...because we are so much more dependent on one company.   

Grooq

19 Mar 2015

Just for the sake of play: what would you do if you were offered to buy a Bugatti Veyron for 10.000 euro (you don't have that much savings, say you are a middleclass teacher, two kids, driving an average 5-year old car) with the condition that you can't re-sell it?

iramrezso

19 Mar 2015

If I buy a bundle that contains some Rack Extensions that I already have will those be duplicated in my products and in the Browser? But I hope it won't crash the existing ones at all.

Yonatan

19 Mar 2015

Don´t think they will be duplicated, just means you are allowed to download them, and as you already have them, you will not notice anything...that is what i think.

tiker01

19 Mar 2015

Yeah, no duplicates.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Faastwalker

19 Mar 2015

Will be buying the Outboard set ASAP. All over possible RE purchase consideratinos have just gone out of the window.

Namahs Amrak

19 Mar 2015

Grooq wrote:Just for the sake of play: what would you do if you were offered to buy a Bugatti Veyron for 10.000 euro (you don't have that much savings, say you are a middleclass teacher, two kids, driving an average 5-year old car) with the condition that you can't re-sell it?
I would torch it, and claim the insurance money.
My Words are my ART

mrj1nx

19 Mar 2015

Did i just dream this, or didnt viking become polyphonic? I really want subboombase but dont really want much of the rest of the synth pack. Maybe i should though...

iramrezso

19 Mar 2015

tiker01 wrote:Yeah, no duplicates.
Thanks.

Here's my situation. I decided to buy Selig Leveler and Deesser. Did it on their full price. A week or so later it went to sale. And now it is also in bundle. Get crazy :D

iramrezso

19 Mar 2015

What are your thoughts on the DCAM stuffs in the Outboard Rig bundle?
Also wondering if the Black Night and EVE-AT4 equalizers really worth to buy.

chimp_spanner

19 Mar 2015

I'm interested by the bass enhancer; I bought Waves MaxxBass recently and it seems to do a similar job. I did get the backline bundle this month though. Think I'll wait a while before I do anything impulsive :D Like, oh I dunno, start earning money with Reason before I spend any more on it haha. 

zeebot

19 Mar 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Pass. I finally have everything I need and am over the gear lust syndrome.
I swear props are monitoring me! I said a few days ago that until they offered something fantastic I'm not buying anything from them then they come out with this!!
Not that interested in two of them as I have quite a few of the REs and the others dont inspire me but the synthetic bundle is amazing for me!! Have hardly any of the REs on offer.
What to do what to do??
DAMN YOU PROPS!!
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

Kategra

19 Mar 2015

stratatonic wrote:
Of course, maybe nobody bought A-list at 99 dollars, so no big loss, right? But the current offer to ....................................
And here's hoping Propellerhead does come up with some sort of complete the bundle deal to sweeten a sourish deal.

I bought at full price A-list Acoustic guitar :/

Kategra

19 Mar 2015

The question is, with no complete my bundle option, - do I get another license for the RE that I already have when buying the bundle????

If not, then - WHAT DO I PAY for, a scam???

You see now why they are not allowing us to sell our RE licenses? SCAM SCAM SCAM

joeyluck

19 Mar 2015

Food for Thought:

Has anybody given it any thought that just maybe these are priced so ridiculously low because most users have a good number of the REs in the bundles already? 
:idea:

None of the REs are new. Many of us do own several of them in each bundle.
As in, it's a way for Propellerhead to offer great bundles at low prices (in lieu of being able to build your own) that may still benefit most users who already own several of the REs.  :s0230:

If you don't own a single RE in one of the rig bundles that appeals to you, then you are very lucky. If you already own all of them, that is unfortunate, but likely you have had them for quite some time and gotten much use out of them (more valuable than waiting for a sale perhaps).

But for most, you own a few already. But the savings are still there. They are $199. Figure out if you want the bundle and what you will save and make the decision to buy or not. So try not to get caught up in what the new folks get to save over you.
:s0221: :sneaky:   :P

Think of it like this:

This is a sale for us achieved by a co-op of users. Because previously Reasoner x bought Dyna-mite, and Reasoner y bought 4Dyne, and Reasoner z bought the Selig devices at full price, they/we all get to take part in a sale of the Outboard Rig (or any of the 3 bundles) that might benefit each user...afforded by the fact that many previously bought-in to some degree.

So in theory, we should just be taking a look at the $199 price tags and figuring if we want a bundle and what we will save. And then we should be thanking one another and those who have afforded us the savings by playing along  :s0801:

It might work out amazingly for some us, it might not offer anything for others of us, but for most, you are probably saving something even while already owning a few—because that's what has afforded us this sale in the first place. Aside from any conspiracy theories and false rumors that the Propellerhead staff is desperate and living together and operating out of a Volkswagon bus  :s0106:

Anyways. Just thought I would offer a different way to look at this so people would feel better about the sale and see it in a different light  :)

normen

19 Mar 2015

Kategra wrote:The question is, with no complete my bundle option, - do I get another license for the RE that I already have when buying the bundle????

If not, then - WHAT DO I PAY for, a scam???

You see now why they are not allowing us to sell our RE licenses? SCAM SCAM SCAM
Show me an amount of offers like this that do allow to "complete your bundle" and I will show you at least double the amount of offerings that don't. Geez, what is it with the whining around Reason..

chimp_spanner

19 Mar 2015

Plus PH are kind of in a no-win situation. If they never ran *any* kind of offer on the Rack store, long time users would be miffed. If they do run offers, they feel that they were suckers for paying full price. Not saying I don't feel any sympathy for people who *just* bought a Re but that's kind of the way things go. My dad bought a laptop from PC world only to find out it was on sale the following *day* with a £100 cash-back offer and he couldn't return it because it was an in-store purchase! One of the few instances where buying online would've guaranteed him the right to return it ;) Like I said earlier, I think if this motivates new users to go wild on the Rack store *and* provides a quick injection of cash to PH then I'm not adverse to it. Ultimately we all want to see Reason continue to flourish and grow right?

I do agree that non-transferrable licenses are inconvenient but PH are hardly the exception to the rule with this. I can't sell my Steam games, or my App Store purchases. Maybe one day there'll be a change to the rules around digital purchases but until then I don't think we can drag PH over the coals for doing what almost everyone else is doing ya know.

Kategra

19 Mar 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:Plus PH are kind of in a no-win situation.............

They are in win win situation always - every payment in the shop for RE get's them at least 30% sale or not.

Kategra

19 Mar 2015

I tend to think of it like this:  I paid for RE X in full, and now I pay for the bundle which includes a license for same X RE. That developer gets more money then the price of his RE, for delivering me only one license to use his RE? WTF??????

• Information