3x Super-Saver Blundles!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

18 Mar 2015

challism wrote:OUtboard rig = 16 REs for 12.44USD each.  That's crazy cheap!  Dyna-mite, ALONE, is priced at $149!
The REs are certainly not discounted evenly inside the bundle. But still great deals!

GRIFTY

18 Mar 2015

Another hat in the rink for "complete the bundle". I have too many REs to justify getting any of these

craven

18 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:They wouldn't do a complete my bundle for this. I don't think that's what a complete my bundle would be for... That's more for business between you and the developer who arranged their own bundle. 

Propellerhead wants people to pay the $199. $199 is the magic number! Which is why for this, it would be more feasible to have a 'build my own bundle' using the REs available in these bundles via a tiered system for the price of $199.
yeah, that makes sense. I would love to be able to build my own bundle. Probably not gonna happen anytime soon. Hopefully I can wait for Reason 9 and make more music in the meantime instead of thinking about these new bundle offers.
:ugeek:

stratatonic

18 Mar 2015

Propellerhead must really be desperate for money these days, to canibalize future full price RE sales like this. After years of stable official Propellerhead Refill prices, they did the big Black Friday/holiday sales, even to the point of offering A-list for 30% off mere months after initial release. Talk about pissing off those who just purchased full price.

Of course, maybe nobody bought A-list at 99 dollars, so no big loss, right? But the current offer to include the Selig products in a bundle after many grabbed some at the recent sale, just reeks of double dipping by the Propellerhead group. And selig unfairly gets sucked into this perception. There's a post in another thread that suggests this...
Clearly, Selig knew about this and offered a last minute sale before the bundle hit the shop.  Smart move.  I would have done the same thing.
I don't buy that theory at all.

There's something rotten in the state of Denmark, and it all started with the release of Reason 8.

And for me, thanks but no thanks. For me, a bundle will cost 260 dollars with the exchange rate US to Canadian dollars. (and it really wasn't that long ago when the exchange was at even par! And damn glad I bought Logic Pro X for under 199 dollars after Reason 8 came out, when it is now 299 Canadian)...

Still, the bundles seems like a good deal (when you compare it to the original jacked up original RE prices), but you could almost buy an iPad mini 2, grab one of the new USB/lightning cable midi/audio apps that link up to your computer for a couple of dollars and get a slew of cheaply priced iOS synths and FX for not much more than the bundles.

And here's hoping Propellerhead does come up with some sort of complete the bundle deal to sweeten a sourish deal.

gullum

18 Mar 2015

Outboard rig :D I already have all but 2
Synthetic Rig only 1 that I don't have that I would really like to have
Backline Rig I only miss Re-Tron and 2 refills

But boy are these some grate deals 

Exowildebeest

18 Mar 2015

Looks like Propellerheads has decided to start subsidizing the platform in a way that's aimed at new users.

Fine by me.

joeyluck

18 Mar 2015

Planned or not...
If anything, the Selig sale is the best approach IMO to ease into a ridiculous bundle sale. I'd imagine folks would be much more upset had they just purchased at full price right before the rig bundles were released. 

But as it stands now, the Selig 50% off sale is still a great deal and option for some folks over the rig bundle. I'd much rather spend money on just the items I want when those particular items go on sale. Like I mentioned in the other thread, even when not accounting for the Selig devices, the savings is still ridiculous.

Everybody has sales. So just about everybody must be desperate for money, right?
Maybe just as desperate as some folks just suddenly became for all these devices? Nevermind that you still save hundreds... Evaluate if you really need the bundle first, then figure the savings that you would still have, and then make a decision.

:thumbup:  

steff3

18 Mar 2015

Selig sale was great - and the value one gets is amazing. Furthermore, I find that bundle (PH super save) not that interesting. So getting the Selig plugins at 50% was the better and more affordable deal for me.

The most intersting super saver is the one with radical piano, reTron, spring delay. And also because of those REs.

best

axl3man

18 Mar 2015

I dunno... Logic is only $200. Not sure if I want to be a super saver.

ReasonUser

18 Mar 2015

If I already own the licenses for Reason Drums and Electric bass, will i get a second license? Or should I transfer those to another account before buying the bundle?

Yonatan

18 Mar 2015

I don´t see why the deals only have to be boldly targeted towards the collective. I mean, Prop have the exact amount of REs that all of us individually have bought, full price or sale. How hard can it be to have some sort of bonus system with percentage etc. In many places, when you buy a lot, you can get some special offers or percentage off.
Well, I don´t quite buy the argument that it is only natural capitalism, because many other markets have "loyal customer"-specials in one form or another., when you buy for such, you get the tenth free etc. So just because there is a marketplace, does not mean that the rules can be totally unbalanced. I do not complain that new ppl get good value, I only say that there is serious lack of offerings towards those who have spent very much for single REs from the beginning. And that is in a marketplace where Prop knows exactly what each of us own. So why act as if they are blind. With a very unpredictable sales behaviour, who will want to buy new full price REs from now on? I wont. Give some cash-back, or at least a free upgrade.

ckingram2006

18 Mar 2015

Did you read the Swedish consumer law I posted?
I have requested to cancel my order with a reference to this policy but have yet to receive a response. I have not downloaded the RE yet because I would like to know what the response will be. 

There are some RE in the bundle that I could benefit from esp. 4dyne, dyanmite, and t-sar. I can also benefit from Ozone and leveler. Although I can do without any of these and have done well by not spending a lot of $$$$ on RE just to have them which is why gain and deesser are the only 2 that I have purchased so far.

lowpryo

18 Mar 2015

lowprio wrote: I think the biggest question is whether a "complete my bundle" option would actually be more profitable for them. From the sounds of this thread, I would assume that the answer is yes, because the most common response has been "great deal, but i own some/most of these already". the only other issue is, there are plenty of other people who own parts of the bundle but just buy the bundle anyways, and maybe this extra money makes up for the lost sales.

I dunno, it's complicated, and I'm sure they have financial people who have analyzed this! but the "complete my bundle" option would definitely do better for customer satisfaction, which is the area that PH has been the most lacking in!
normen wrote:
This thread, rather this whole forum, consists of about 1000 people who are hardcore Reason users but (largely) consider themselves to be a representative average of all Reason users which is BS ;)

I agree with that statement, but it's not relevant to my post. What I said implies to every single Reason user, regardless of if they post here. With these bundle sales, if a user already owns part of the bundle, they either have to decide "I'll pass on this because I own some of it", or "I own some but I'll buy it anyway". one of those loses money for PH, and the other gains them money. they simply have to balance the two in order to maximize their profit.

stratatonic

18 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:Planned or not...
If anything, the Selig sale is the best approach IMO to ease into a ridiculous bundle sale. I'd imagine folks would be much more upset had they just purchased at full price right before the rig bundles were released.
Well,sure, if the same amount of folks would have bought at full price rather than the sale price, I would agree. But I will go out on a limb and suggest that the selig 50% off sale brought in considerably more sales than an unadvertised lull at full price. 
joeyluck wrote:Everybody has sales. So just about everybody must be desperate for money, right?
Maybe just as desperate as some folks just suddenly became for all these devices? Nevermind that you still save hundreds... Evaluate if you really need the bundle first, then figure the savings that you would still have, and then make a decision.
Don't get me wrong, I think the bundles are a great deal, for those looking for even half of what is included in each. The Backline Rig is right up my alley. Awesome. But after Reason 8 release debacle, I bought into Logic, which has great keys, basses and drums especially, so the Backline deal is of no use to me. But I think a lot of Reason owners - and not just new owners, which has been suggested, will grab one of these deals.

LEDBOO

18 Mar 2015

Shokstar wrote:sorry to say that, but now I´m hate Propellerhead. because I have all of these RE´s and payed a lot of money, I guess more than 1000€ and now they are doing something like this? for newbies is it a great deal but for loyal costumers like me is it like a punch into the face!!!!  ,i,,

LEDBOO

18 Mar 2015

I stop buying REs a while ago. Love Reason, but......

tt_lab

18 Mar 2015

Maybe I be buying the backline the sum of the products I don't own is greater than the 159€ that the whole rig cost, but I won't be buying new REs anymore. I feel a bit stupid because the money I've already spent, I'll always be waiting for bundles in the future.
There is nothing in the shop that I need immediately. I feel a bit sorry for the devs too.

MirEko

18 Mar 2015

Well that's it for me and RE..

Like said earlier:

The lesson learnt with Reason:
* Do not buy anything at full price.
* Be very patient...
* Do not even "Try" the REs in advance.
* Skip some Reason upgrades, wait for the right deal.

Again the early adopters and people who paid full price get burnt.

PH have no interest in rewarding loyal users and loyal customers, it's all about the quick buck and getting new customers through mega deals and discover. That's fine but I guess it's the end of the road for me on buying RE new at full price.

Seeing these bundles and owning most of the RE in one, looking at $800 of RE.

I've been a bit of an idiot buying RE and I see that now, they truly are worthless in the sense that you cannot trade or even give them away. So the only smart thing is to buy them like this and in Black Friday sales..
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

Namahs Amrak

18 Mar 2015

I think y'all missing the point. As with Reason 8, these bundles are aimed at new Reason users... the bundles don't hold so much appeal when you have been around for a while and already have a decent library of refills and REs.

Its an amazing deal for sure. Just as Props throwing $500 worth of synths at new R8 purchasers. EVERY marketing campaign these days is about the new users.
My Words are my ART

joeyluck

18 Mar 2015

tt_lab wrote:Maybe I be buying the backline the sum of the products I don't own is greater than the 159€ that the whole rig cost, but I won't be buying new REs anymore. I feel a bit stupid because the money I've already spent, I'll always be waiting for bundles in the future.
There is nothing in the shop that I need immediately. I feel a bit sorry for the devs too.
Why would you feel sorry for the devs?

BPGeez

18 Mar 2015

This weekend I was going to buy Buffre (85$) and SubBassBoom (79$) = 164$. Instead I spend 35 more and get 14 additional RE's!! Geesh! I know it would've been a gut wrench to buy them and then see these rigs. Definitely a great price tho. The ability to build your own bundle would've been epic tho!
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

CharlyCharlzz

18 Mar 2015

same question then steff3 ... when is the offer end $?
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

CharlyCharlzz

18 Mar 2015

so if you guys having doubles you can always give then t o me :D
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

tt_lab

18 Mar 2015

tt_lab wrote:Maybe I be buying the backline the sum of the products I don't own is greater than the 159€ that the whole rig cost, but I won't be buying new REs anymore. I feel a bit stupid because the money I've already spent, I'll always be waiting for bundles in the future.
joeyluck wrote:
Because I'm guessing more people are going to wait if a RE is thrown into a bundle and not jump right into buying it at the release. And guessing that the cut will be smaller. For example, I didn't buy redominator cos I knew always was going back to sales and eventually I was going to get it cheaper on one or other sale time. But now I see that any RE can go to crazy sale, like this bundles, so perspective of being hyped is less. I don't know if I am explaining myself right.

joeyluck

18 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:
tt_lab wrote: Because I'm guessing more people are going to wait if a RE is thrown into a bundle and not jump right into buying it at the release. And guessing that the cut will be smaller. For example, I didn't buy redominator cos I knew always was going back to sales and eventually I was going to get it cheaper on one or other sale time. But now I see that any RE can go to crazy sale, like this bundles, so perspective of being hyped is less. I don't know if I am explaining myself right.
I get what you're saying. But the devs involved in these Rig Bundles definitely had a choice in doing so. I don't think it will affect things greatly. Many of us already wait for spring or winter sales as it is.

I don't think it will affect other devs much either. If there's something new I want now, I might wait through the spring to see if it goes on sale. But I won't wait until December. If it's August... I might wait until December? I bought the Selig REs at full price. But I've gotten so much out of them and have used them on many paid gigs.

So, the thought that I could have saved a little money if I had waited 8 months is not bothering me at all. The use is greater than the the money saved waiting. Even if I bought them at full price last month.

I'm not bothered that I bought the Radical Bundle for $149 over a year ago along with Reason Drum Kits, Electric Bass, Revival... But I would much rather have them when I bought them over 1-2 years ago then waited until now. I guess that's the real test of whether we're buying what we need.

Now I can understand why some folks might be upset having just recently bought some of the REs at full price. But we've all been there. I wouldn't wait endlessly though for an unpredictable, ridiculous sale to get what I need. We all know Softube will have a sale in the spring and winter. And those sales are very generous. So, that's waiting that you can do with confidence—if you can wait.

I do realize we will all see this in a different light.

• Information