3x Super-Saver Blundles!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
joeyluck

19 Mar 2015

I mean let's be honest... They could have put less in the bundles for $199 and people still would have gone nuts.

I was mentioning to folks yesterday who felt silly for just having bought the Selig devices on sale... That had the Selig devices not been included in the Rig bundle, they would have not batted an eye and would still likely go nuts over what is included in the bundle for $199.

It's so much stuff!

Lucky for me, I have what I want and I'm not interested in the other devices.

lowpryo

19 Mar 2015

Yonatan wrote:What is the meaning of having two PH accounts? Can´t I just use the same one on different computers? 
What am I missing about having more than one  account?
normen wrote: You (and thats you you) are only allowed to run one copy of Reason per license at the same time (on any computer you want though). Even if you could run one with a key and one with online login and use them at the same time -- the license doesn't allow that. Thats why asking for a second RE license on one account is nonsense, you can already open an infinite amount of instances of the "product" anyway, which is also why comparing software to horses is even bigger nonsense :) Think about media stores.. You might buy some movie and later get some package that allows you to watch a bunch of movies, including that one you bought. Would you expect a discount on the package? Would you think you should have "two licenses"? Really, digital is different and already super cheap for what you get (if you actually use it..)

The real life product analogy kinda bothers me because I think of it like this: imagine if you bought a movie at a movie store, and then a week later you found a bundle pack of 10 movies including the one you bought previously. okay, screw it, you would still be saving lots of money so you get it anyway. now you go to the register and they say "oh, you already own that movie? we're just gonna take this copy out of the bundle and you'll pay the same price for 9 movies." what? that doesn't feel right at all. i'm paying the same price as everyone else, but i'm getting LESS product because of a previous purchase i've made.

now again, this analogy falls flat because with real products, there's no law saying these movies are non-transferable. they aren't magically "bound" to your person. but that's what we have with ReFills. and because of that, if they're going to take products away from your purchase, I think the logical thing is to refund you for those in SOME way.
we could debate this for years, but at the end of the day, they make the rules so we just have to deal. i just think it's an interesting conversation to have.

CharlyCharlzz

19 Mar 2015

"^^^^" yep , it's unbeleivable :D
back in the days you promoted Reason by exposing to your friend and co's the Racks  ,
now more peoples will expose there RE's to none Reason Users and guys talking allé about VST's may just get Reason in full FX into there Face !

to me it's the real booster that Reason needed , I can see buyers jumping on board already .

I am fully expecting a massive gain of user base for props.

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

stratatonic

19 Mar 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:to me it's the real booster that Reason needed , I can see buyers jumping on board already .

It's a lot of stuff for sure! The price of entry though is 399 plus 199 = 598 dollars US.
Compared to 199 dollars US for Logic Pro X.

CharlyCharlzz

19 Mar 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:to me it's the real booster that Reason needed , I can see buyers jumping on board already .

stratatonic wrote: It's a lot of stuff for sure! The price of entry though is 399 plus 199 = 598 dollars US. Compared to 199 dollars US for Logic Pro X.
Logic is mac only so I would not be worried , imagine guys who got the black friday deal and now this one , how much money got saved ?

Logic got a good deal but how much you save ? they included some stuff but once you got it maybe next 3 upgrades are empty .
it's a big price Wheel ,, must catch what you can when you can IMO

clone

19 Mar 2015

Hell of a deal! I'm eye balling synthetic. 

Grinder One

19 Mar 2015

Well I could hold out no longer. All day at work I've thought about nothing else but that bloody BackLine pack. I only began the RE journey in late November and have already bought a dozen or so....so these bundles really appeal to someone like me. The only RE I have in the Backline is the distortion(I bought the bundle), I have none of the RE's in the Synthetic pack, and only Selig gain and Leveler in the Outboard. So I went for the Backline as I really wanted Radical Piano plus, the drum refills.

I'm loving it at the moment...really impressed with Revival and have been having some fun creating a Pipe Organ :)
Impressed with Re-Tron too...I've never really looked at it before, always skipping past it thinking it was just some CV triggering device for some strange reason lol.

Anyway, I'll have to go for the Synthetic pack next as I was itching to buy Monopoly anyway....but it'll have to wait a couple of weeks I think. I do feel for those guys that have recently paid full price for RE's that then suddenly become available for very little...it would be nice if PH would offer a discount on a future RE purchase for someone that has bought one of the included RE's at full price in the past couple of weeks or something. For example, let's say you've just bought Radical Keys a week ago at full price, it would be nice if you could then buy the Backline Rig with 25% discount and a maximum of 25% regardless of whether you've bought others in the pack previously.

Anyway....as I say, this is perfect for me but I can't help feeling that I shouldn't benefit from joining the RE party late. I felt the same when I saw RE's and refills being given away as a prize to someone for joining this forum late though, but that's another topic.

Mart.

AJ_3000
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2015

Very tempting offers indeed. Has anyone contacted PH to check if they are for a limited time? A shame though they omit a 'complete bundle' option for the many people, myself included , with components purchased earlier.  
iramrezso wrote:What are your thoughts on the DCAM stuffs in the Outboard Rig bundle?
Also wondering if the Black Night and EVE-AT4 equalizers really worth to buy.
All very worthwhile additions to one's rack, imho. especially the DCAM  BusComp and ChanComp devices, which personally i consider essential.
chimp_spanner wrote:I do agree that non-transferrable licenses are inconvenient but PH are hardly the exception to the rule with this. I can't sell my Steam games, or my App Store purchases. Maybe one day there'll be a change to the rules around digital purchases but until then I don't think we can drag PH over the coals for doing what almost everyone else is doing ya know.
Two wrongs don't make a right. 

I cannot help wonder if a healthy secondhand market in Rack Extensions could stimulate sales in the PH Shop? It'd be nice to know there is an option to recoup something if one finds a device redundant or financial circumstances dictate. They could levy a transfer fee.

Faastwalker

20 Mar 2015

..... anyone considered why Propellerhead (and all the devs involved) are practically giving these RE's away?! Is this all about drawing in potential new Reason users? Obviously this is a great deal whatever way you look at it. But I guess a bit of a kick in the teeth for early adopters who bought half this stuff at the normal price. As a long time Reason user I must say I'm now extremely put off buying an RE on release. Chances are it won't be long before it will be available at a discount. New RE's that have an intro price are obviously very tempting. But of all the RE's in the shop how many have NOT been in a sale at one time or another?! Its probably only the $9 - $15 RE's!

mrj1nx

20 Mar 2015

I went and got the Synthetic pack, mostly just wanted the SubBoomBase, but looked around and theres some nice effects and stuff in there that i would benefit from, some of the stuff though feels really thrown in there, i might delete some of them later just to get a cleaner palette of tools. Now I'll probably hold off on updating from R7 until 9 is available since i just spent the corresponding amount...

challism

20 Mar 2015

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the Outboard Rig bundle.  Holy shyt that is a lot of REs for $199.
I think the emergence of these new RE bundle packs is going to make me rethink purchasing (older) REs outside a bundle pack in the future.  I foresee many more bundle packs like this in the future (probably mostly for older REs, I would guess). 

Anyway..... Outboard Rig is an amazing deal!  I think (hope) I'm set for compressors, EQs, reverb, and mastering tools for the rest of eternity.  Oh and DCAM EnvShaper is amazing too!!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

muffins4all

20 Mar 2015

It's really tough seeing that list of things I could have gotten in the Backline Rig for €50 less than I paid for 4 of the rack extensions in it.

really tough

"bye-bye" to paying full price for a rack extension ever again

At Vero Eos

20 Mar 2015

muffins4all wrote:It's really tough seeing that list of things I could have gotten in the Backline Rig for €50 less than I paid for 4 of the rack extensions in it.

really tough

"bye-bye" to paying full price for a rack extension ever again
Exactly...

These mega-sales are really fun and a huge savings. But they also damage the price level and the value of a single RE, especially a new one, declines very fast obviously.

Kategra

20 Mar 2015

The Value is relative... and as long as you can't resell it has 0 real market value after you bought it, just like the $2 apps in the iOS/ Play store.

zeebot

20 Mar 2015

I only own the EDS06, Glitch and Sychronous from the synthetic bundle. Bought Glitch, got the EDS for free for beta testing and Synchronous came free with 7.1.
I'd be an absolute twat not to buy the bundle.
Damn you props!!
Its like having a massive bust up with your partner and then them doing something amazing to say sorry.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

submonsterz

20 Mar 2015

I wanted to post in this thread but ill just walk away
after saying just this "LOL".

lowpryo

20 Mar 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:I do agree that non-transferrable licenses are inconvenient but PH are hardly the exception to the rule with this. I can't sell my Steam games, or my App Store purchases. Maybe one day there'll be a change to the rules around digital purchases but until then I don't think we can drag PH over the coals for doing what almost everyone else is doing ya know.

This is a perfect example because it's actually not true. If you buy a Steam game, and then buy a bundle which includes that Steam game, you will get another copy. This copy is totally transferable. They don't have a marketplace to sell it, but you can transfer it to a friend or anyone as a gift. Which makes sense, because you should get exactly what your paid for. PH doesn't seem to agree with this philosophy though...

zeebot

20 Mar 2015

Well, just purchased the Synthetic bundle, I really couldn't help myself! The rationale in my mind is that I got way more value for money buying that than upgrading to R8 + some devs got a significant portion of my hard earned currency too.
Its also a bonus that I had quite a few songs (unfinished of course) that used some of the REs on demo so I can revisit those and carry on where I left off :)

I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

selig
RE Developer

20 Mar 2015

lowprio wrote:
lowprio wrote:  
This is a perfect example because it's actually 
lowprio wrote:not true.
lowprio wrote: If you buy a Steam game, and then buy a bundle which includes that Steam game,
lowprio wrote:you will get another copy
lowprio wrote:. This copy is totally transferable. They don't have a marketplace to sell it, but you can transfer it to a friend or anyone as a gift. Which makes sense, because you should get exactly what your paid for. PH doesn't seem to agree with this philosophy though...
I'd like to step in and take this opportunity to remind folks that talking about it here does nothing! IF this is an important issue for folks, be sure to ALSO write directly to the Props about this. I'm not trying to discourage discussion here at all, I'm trying to remind folks of how change actually happens! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Kategra

20 Mar 2015

lowprio wrote:
lowprio wrote:  
lowprio wrote: If you buy a Steam game, and then buy a bundle which includes that Steam game,
lowprio wrote:. This copy is totally transferable. They don't have a marketplace to sell it, but you can transfer it to a friend or anyone as a gift. Which makes sense, because you should get exactly what your paid for. PH doesn't seem to agree with this philosophy though...
selig wrote:
I'd like to step in and take this opportunity to remind folks that talking about it here does nothing! IF this is an important issue for folks, be sure to ALSO write directly to the Props about this. I'm not trying to discourage discussion here at all, I'm trying to remind folks of how change actually happens! ;)

I already done that.  They admitted that they don't even issue license numbers for RE & Refills!
They sell licenses and don't deliver all of them, that is FRAUD!

Others should post on PH Facebook and Tweeter and more importantly, if you know anyone in the Swedish Fiscal Authorities, maybe lobby to go trough their billing, financial and delivery systems to see how they manage to sell SAME PRODUCT TWICE, but deliver ONLY ONE??

selig
RE Developer

20 Mar 2015

lowprio wrote:
lowprio wrote:  
selig wrote:
Kategra wrote:
Kategra wrote: 

I already done that.  They admitted that they don't even issue license numbers for RE & Refills!
They sell licenses and don't deliver all of them, that is FRAUD!

Others should post on PH Facebook and Tweeter and more importantly, if you know anyone in the Swedish Fiscal Authorities, maybe lobby to go trough their billing, financial and delivery systems to see how they manage to sell SAME PRODUCT TWICE, but deliver ONLY ONE??
IF this is FRAUD as you suggest, should be an easy case to make! Just don't try to make it here, like I said, it falls on deaf ears and only stirs the pot without the possibility of any actual change. 

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Kategra

20 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
IF this is FRAUD as you suggest, should be an easy case to make! Just don't try to make it here, like I said, it falls on deaf ears and only stirs the pot without the possibility of any actual change. 

Why not? Maybe a relevant person (or forum member) of interest from Sweden will see this post and take action :)

You, as a Developer of products sold though an allegedly fraudulent Dealer/Vendor should be more interested into clearing this with your business partner and dealer/vendor - Propellerhead.

You Selig, do you have control over the licenses you produce and give to Propellerhead to sell?? Are you OK to take money for 2 licenses, then give only one license to your end customer?? How do you manage that in your fiscal/tax books?

selig
RE Developer

20 Mar 2015

selig wrote:

Kategra wrote:
Why not? Maybe a relevant person (or forum member) of interest from Sweden will see this post and take action :)
If you're already made them aware of the issue as you claim, then why? My point is about further arguing of your point here. You've made your point, now let's move on.

You're correct there is a long shot someone relevant will see it here. However, IF it's that important to you, I wouldn't leave it to such chance! 

Selig Audio, LLC

CharlyCharlzz

20 Mar 2015

when you have a spear liscence you can always ask to give it away , maybe it could work because it's not a transfer from one account to another but more a gift ?!?!
since you can't have two RE's on one single account they must work something out I would say .

but hey it's a sale , when you go to the store and buy a bundle of gum's that got 5 packs of 5 variety flavors you can't ask the store to open a bundle and replace the mint with the strawberries even if you own already 5 packs of mint ....

KEVMOVE02

20 Mar 2015

I wonder how many of you are as "generous" with your own customers as you insist that Propellerhead be to you? Do you "grandfather in" every customer that ever purchased your products to get refunds whenever you put a product on sale that they purchased at a higher price? Do you let everyone get equal access to customer support, even if you can't find a record of them actually buying the product? How many times have you given in to the threat "I will take my business elsewhere, unless you give me what i want right now!? What did you do when someone insisted that they are one of your best customers, even though you have never seen them before, they don't know any of your employees, you looked in your customer database and realized that the one time they made a purchase, they wrote a bad check? How many times have you caught someone red handed, stealing your product right in front of your eyes, then have them become indignant, claiming that you have no right to search their person, call the police, or ban them from your store? 

I know, "you each have a right to express yourself" and "if I don't like what you're saying, I don't have to read it". Well I am exercising my right to call out every person who isn't pleading their case to someone who could actually do something about their problem, because they really just like complaining. Was the 12th Doctor right about a certain group of people who have mastered the art of complaining?

• Information