Polyphonic Sequencer RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
altron

16 Mar 2015

Hi, so after Propellerheads threw out their user forums like an unwanted child I finally think I arrived at the right refugee base.

To my question:

Is there any sequencer RE that can do polyphonic note playback or is there any trick to use any of them (or even Matrix) polyphonically? I.e. there are several RE CV signal spreaders but would there be any way to divide/combine several gate- and pitch signals from a sequencer RE?
Trap is where music goes to die.

Benedict
Competition Winner

16 Mar 2015

Quadelectrica's Mercury is the closest to a poly Arp so far. You can use as a normal Mono Arp with one Synth or wire in up to four synth for a pole arpy thing. Bit of a PITA but does work.

Maybe someone will build something on Blamsoft's Poly CV platform. So far no takers.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

selig
RE Developer

16 Mar 2015

I'm loving Korde as a hybrid poly arpeggiator/sequencer. I haven't tried Mercury so it could be closer to what you're asking, but Korde has already found it's way into four tracks for me, often being the starting point for said tracks. I find it to be quite inspirational for the way I like to work, but everyone is different. 

I'd definitely compare Korde to Mercury and see which makes the most sense for the way you like to work.

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

psychasm

16 Mar 2015

I find Blamsoft Distributor to be quite useful. Just set the voice count to 'auto' and it will detect how many signals are to be triggered, either simultaneously, randomly and sequentially negatively or positively.   Hook up a matrix to trigger the the gate,note and pitch of the Distributor which in turn will trigger the voices ( up to 8 ). Signals can be mixed in a variety of ways. I find " cv suite line mixer to be effective as well as Pepins' Front 8 cv mixer. For some variety stick in a Randrome Junior or Cv delay Splitter and automate offset and the event at which some of the cv signals are triggered.
Mercury is also good if u have Chords already laid out and u wish to spread them over different instruments and has some nice features like 'autochord' and the 'offset feature' as well as some automatable features on the front plus cv inputs at the back. Havent tried Kord yet but Lectra Panda does make quality devices..no harm in trying.

bouwie

16 Mar 2015

What i do when i want to send more matrix's or 2 or more korde cv/gate output to 1 synth like a thor. I use a few Hamu " Mingler Active" to merge the matrix or korde outputs. So i can polyphone play the sequence.

Blamsoft
RE Developer

16 Mar 2015

Note: This is specific to the Polymodular System currently.

This tutorial shows how to use multiple Matrix sequencers on one synth. It uses the Polymodular System CV Breakout Box.

http://blamsoft.com/tutorials/ps-multip ... equencers/

This is possible because Distributor accepts PolyCV input. If you would like to see more PolyCV devices consider contacting your favorite developers.

altron

21 Mar 2015

Thanks a lot for the replies and suggestions anyone!! I think I have to check out the Hamu Mingler because it sounds like it does what I'm trying to achieve. I got the Korde and Neptune and also Distributor but they work like somewhat different than what I was thinking when I wrote polyphonic.
Trap is where music goes to die.

Melody303

21 Mar 2015

I'd love a sequencer RE that works like http://chordbot.com/ , only perhaps rather than picking a 'style' for the output, it'd have something more akin to a matrix for deciding how to use the chosen chords.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

electrofux

22 Mar 2015

Autotheory + Thor Sequencer = Chord Sequencer

challism

24 Mar 2015

Jiggery Pokery's Charlotte can do monophonic to polyphonic.  You can hook up to 8 different monophonic devices to it; it can play up to 8 different notes (devices) at one time.  It is also a really great envelope generator.... GREAT DEVICE!

---> But to answer your question about a "poly sequencer" I'm not sure it will do that... it does have gate/note input, so maybe Charlotte can do it in combination with another device.
Melody303 wrote:I'd love a sequencer RE that works like http://chordbot.com/ , only perhaps rather than picking a 'style' for the output, it'd have something more akin to a matrix for deciding how to use the chosen chords.
Yeah, Melody, Electrofux is correct.  Autotheory is a great RE (comparable to Chordbot).
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

• Information