Mixfood Orange Rack Extension coming soon

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
eusti

15 Mar 2015

pbc278 wrote:In Reason it looks like this:

Lovely! Thanks for re-evaluating the color scheme! Appreciated! Really looking forward to test it out!

D.

joeyluck

15 Mar 2015

This looks outstanding!

I was just throwing together an example of another concept... As I liked your idea above of using all orange knobs. I was thinking you could alternate use-of-orange on knobs between sections... and use indentations within sections to make the white lines between sections help to divide more. Or vice versa...

But I REALLY like what you have in your last example. The Reason screenshot looks fantasitc! It looks very professional! Great job!
Attachments
MO-orange_knobs_indentations.png
MO-orange_knobs_indentations.png (285.23 KiB) Viewed 2182 times

selig
RE Developer

15 Mar 2015

I miss the orange knobs (staying true to the name). With this background scheme you can use the same orange knob on all sections which is simpler than other suggestions. 

Looking forward to messing with this one!
:)
EDIT: just realized there was already an example with the knobs I'm seeing:
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

15 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
I miss the orange knobs (staying true to the name). With this background scheme you can use the same orange knob on all sections which is simpler than other suggestions. 

Looking forward to messing with this one!
Very true.  I do like the look though of how the silver plays well with that goldish tent...
But would be interesting to see what it looks like with the same shiny knobs given an orange tent.

Or at the very least, could make the Master Level knob orange and keep the orange color in the name? Or try making the displays orange instead of green? I agree that with the name, would be cool if something was orange :)

joeyluck

15 Mar 2015

With orange screens and a silly orange in the logo ;P

And with shiny, orange knobs...
I suppose it's really more of a gold.
Attachments
MO-shiny_orange_knobs.png
MO-shiny_orange_knobs.png (627.06 KiB) Viewed 2164 times

frog974new

15 Mar 2015

a few question here ^^
i don't see Bypass or On/off  option on the FX , i'm a bit afraid for CPU usage .. the mix potar at 0 is not the same thing as a bypass or a on/off Led.

joeyluck

15 Mar 2015

selig wrote: EDIT: just realized there was already an example with the knobs I'm seeing:
I suppose that's more of a 'blood orange.'
I wonder what those knobs would look like on the other example...

pbc278

15 Mar 2015

frog974new wrote:a few question here ^^
i don't see Bypass or On/off  option on the FX , i'm a bit afraid for CPU usage .. the mix potar at 0 is not the same thing as a bypass or a on/off Led.

All "Mix" knobs at zero means the FX is bypassed. So it's not just dry/wet, but completely bypassed in the programming-code. So That's why I used knobs with a little light!
I will try to make a video with a lot of usage of this synth so you can see the dsp level. Till now none of the testers complained about cpu load. If you use this synth like you would normally do the cpu load is acceptable. In the video I made earlier you can see 7 Oranges at work and a dsp level of 2-stripes...
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

frog974new

15 Mar 2015

pbc278 wrote:
frog974new wrote:a few question here ^^

pbc278 wrote:
All "Mix" knobs at zero means the FX is bypassed. So it's not just dry/wet, but completely bypassed in the programming-code. So That's why I used knobs with a little light!
I will try to make a video with a lot of usage of this synth so you can see the dsp level. Till now none of the testers complained about cpu load. If you use this synth like you would normally do the cpu load is acceptable. In the video I made earlier you can see 7 Oranges at work and a dsp level of 2-stripes...
thanks for the clarification ;)

mind2069

15 Mar 2015

The gray version is the best but one of the grays is too dark

pbc278

15 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:With orange screens and a silly orange in the logo ;P
I Like the Orange ;-)
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

JoshuaPhilgarlic

15 Mar 2015

I like the metal look :) !

One question: the video shows just 2 bars in the DSP display. Is it really that CPU friendly or is your PC that fast?

pbc278

15 Mar 2015

Front new

Back new
Attachments
MixfoodOrange_back_new_new.jpg
MixfoodOrange_back_new_new.jpg (207.65 KiB) Viewed 2128 times
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

Benedict
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2015

pbc278 wrote:Image 
Front new

Back new
That is much easier on the eye for such a busy interface.

Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Grinder One

15 Mar 2015

Graphically, this RE has come a long way during the course of this thread and, shows how beneficial it can be to preview an RE before it's release. The GUI now looks so workable, and I'm even loving the back of the instrument too :)

Mart.

eusti

15 Mar 2015

Any chance of CV automation slots in the back?

D.

darkman7

15 Mar 2015

Looking forward to trying this to see what it is capable of.

thotbott

15 Mar 2015

you wont be disappointed with what it can do :)

darkman7

15 Mar 2015

I hope it does impress me.  From the video It looks like a very good synth looking forward to taking it for a spin.

thotbott

15 Mar 2015

have a few second clip of a quick 2 bars done with the synth, no effect, nothing, everything is from the synth. the more i use it, the more its 100% insta buy for me:

Benedict
Competition Winner

15 Mar 2015

thotbott wrote: have a few second clip of a quick 2 bars done with the synth, no effect, nothing, everything is from the synth. the more i use it, the more its 100% insta buy for me:

Have you been listening to Clockwork Orange again

8-)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

thotbott

15 Mar 2015

also dont think there is enough room on the back for cv inputs :P wouldnt know where to start with having cv control for the parameters. a mod matrix would be gold on this, but i can only imagine the hellish nightmare that would be to code up

eusti

15 Mar 2015

Thanks thotbott... Neat demo... Not sure I agree on the definition of insta-buy though...  ;)
Edit: Ah, you are beta testing it! Now it makes sense! Sorry!

D.

eusti

15 Mar 2015

thotbott wrote:also dont think there is enough room on the back for cv inputs :P wouldnt know where to start with having cv control for the parameters. a mod matrix would be gold on this, but i can only imagine the hellish nightmare that would be to code up
Well, you could do it like Ochen K did on the EDS06s: https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... rum-synth/ Where you can select targets from a drop down menu...

D.

thotbott

15 Mar 2015

forgot to add, that, yes im testing it, as well as having a few drinks at the moment, so sounds are getting weirder and weirder :P the developer has some unique wave forms, as well as alot of them, second only to the amount in ammo id say, all sounding to notch. I rteally dont know what i can and cant post about it, so am refraining from saying anything untill i get the ok. but that little sound clip was 2-3 of poking around with it. the sound quality on it is top notch on it without using anything else, so i feel great full bodied sounds will come easily from it and thuse richer sounds in tracks :)

• Information