Mixfood Orange Rack Extension coming soon

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pbc278

17 Mar 2015

Here's a video with the updated look, just a little demo in Reason: https://youtu.be/3hp3340ujJc
Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

craven

17 Mar 2015

very nice demo, I like what I hear and see (except for the back of the device, it looks unfinished to me, maybe it is?), but enough with the nagging, I'm really looking forward to this nice rompler!
:ugeek:

pbc278

17 Mar 2015

craven wrote:very nice demo, I like what I hear and see (except for the back of the device, it looks unfinished to me, maybe it is?), but enough with the nagging, I'm really looking forward to this nice rompler!
Ahhh.. don't call it that. I'm allergic to that word... Anyway, what's wrong with the back. With IDT we can't do much with CV's at the moment (or I have not figured it out yet), so the back is finished. Unless you're talking about al kind 'stickers' and so on.. I did the 2 pc-coolers and thought it looked cool. 

Maybe we can start another discussion about the back... But to be honest I'm all done with that.. I just want to play with it ;-) !!!

But you all know me a little bit now, so I'm always open for tips (and tricks)..
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

pbc278

17 Mar 2015

dannyF wrote: Sounds and Looks GREAT!  :s0221:  - Starting to really like the look...  

Originally I preferred the all orange knobs version, but I think that looked liked an old 90's Virtual Analog from Alesis.
I like this one! It feels fresh.

I am curious what are the samples for this synth based on?
can you tell us ? ( if its a secret that's ok ) 

Some hardware synths and (old)keyboards, most samples are just really short sounds (I didn't sample patches, just the basic waveforms). And most of them have a bit of noise mixed in to make them sound a bit fatter. Some of the sounds are pretty dull, but they work great with today's effects...
And finally I have an account on http://www.wavtones.com/. That's the source for most of the standard waveforms (sine, square etc...)

But the real hard work is to make them loop perfectly. That's the real secret of this device...
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

ScuzzyEye

17 Mar 2015

pbc278 wrote:Anyway, what's wrong with the back.
My only suggestion for the back is to lighten up the black area a bit. It looks like an empty void with it being as dark as it is.

pbc278

17 Mar 2015

Just another teaser...

https://youtu.be/_D_AMgBEZWQ
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

Grinder One

17 Mar 2015

Yep, looking and sounding fantastic :s0547:

Rice

17 Mar 2015

Starting to really peak my interest

Faastwalker

17 Mar 2015

pbc278 wrote:Anyway, what's wrong with the back.
ScuzzyEye wrote: My only suggestion for the back is to lighten up the black area a bit. It looks like an empty void with it being as dark as it is.
I was just about to make the same suggestion. It looks like half the thing is missing from the back side.

craven

18 Mar 2015

craven wrote:very nice demo, I like what I hear and see (except for the back of the device, it looks unfinished to me, maybe it is?), but enough with the nagging, I'm really looking forward to this nice rompler!
pbc278 wrote:
Ahhh.. don't call it that. I'm allergic to that word... Anyway, what's wrong with the back. With IDT we can't do much with CV's at the moment (or I have not figured it out yet), so the back is finished. Unless you're talking about al kind 'stickers' and so on.. I did the 2 pc-coolers and thought it looked cool. 

Maybe we can start another discussion about the back... But to be honest I'm all done with that.. I just want to play with it ;-) !!!

But you all know me a little bit now, so I'm always open for tips (and tricks)..
oh sorry, I'll refrain from using this word. It's not a negative thing in my mind. 
The back discussion is already ongoing. Maybe it is the darkness... who knows. However, graphics can always be improved once it is out, right ;)
:ugeek:

pbc278

18 Mar 2015

I thought it would be best to focus on few 'functions' my backside hosts (1 main mix out, 3 dry out (1 for each individual oscillator) and 3 wet out (1 for each individual oscillator). So I don't realy need the rest of the backside. But since my device is so big this is what happened during the design process... Maybe there will be room for cv input's/output's sometime (when I figure out how to do it). Or I will print a 'flowchart'  on it like Antidote. Or maybe I'll print a thankyou note on it like Predator... Anyway, right now the focus point must be the audio-outputs, the rest is left in the dark....
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

KaliKush84

18 Mar 2015

Take your time i'm sure it will all work out and be a fantastic rack extension.Quality requires time and patience.BTW Thank you for your interest in developing, I appreciate it ,at least the format is progressing.

Gaja

18 Mar 2015

pbc278 wrote:I thought it would be best to focus on few 'functions' my backside hosts (1 main mix out, 3 dry out (1 for each individual oscillator) and 3 wet out (1 for each individual oscillator). So I don't realy need the rest of the backside. But since my device is so big this is what happened during the design process... Maybe there will be room for cv input's/output's sometime (when I figure out how to do it). Or I will print a 'flowchart'  on it like Antidote. Or maybe I'll print a thankyou note on it like Predator... Anyway, right now the focus point must be the audio-outputs, the rest is left in the dark....
I actually really appreciate the functionality of the back. I imagine the seperate dry and wet outputs offer lots of opportunities for further manipulating, fattening etc.
I guess one can use both the dry and te wet at the same time? If so, this is fantastic!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

pbc278

18 Mar 2015

Yes you can use all 7 outputs at the same time if you want ;-) so you can make a lot of NOISE or music ;-) at the moment the rack extension is finished and waiting for approval. So I hope all goes well and we'll be able to use it in a few weeks. But there will be updates I'm sure. I really want to ad more patches and maybe I'll discover things that need updating. The IDT format is indeed progressing, so I'll let the synth grow with the tools used to build it. 

The next hurdle is setting the right price... That's what's giving me a headache right now ;-) 

I appreciate all your (every reader/user in here!!!) interest and good positive comments/feedback upfront. Most of you haven't played with it, but it'll be worth the wait. 

Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

Julibee

18 Mar 2015

pbc278 wrote:
The next hurdle is setting the right price... That's what's giving me a headache right now ;-) 

Oh, come now... surely we could help you with that, too, eh?  [smiles sweetly....] ;)
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

pbc278

18 Mar 2015

I know that's why I mentioned it... But I'll come up with a good price and seeing all the discussion going on (all the time) I think about a fixed price.
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

pjeudy

22 Mar 2015

Here's a demo I made using MixFood Orange :

Although I used 13 Instances of the synth..it was mostly used for layering!
the drums and Rizers are not from the synth...matter of fact I'll upload just the synth parts to drop box with no drums or Fx :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8owmb72vrwm7o ... x.mp3?dl=0
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eusti

22 Mar 2015

It's almost a little early for a song like this here, but I like it, Pjeudy!

D.

pjeudy

22 Mar 2015

eusti wrote:It's almost a little early for a song like this here, but I like it, Pjeudy!

D.
It's really a cool synth I like the fact the each OSC has basically the control parameter of a full synth! I sometimes wish that ANTIDOTE had a separate filter for the separate OSC, it's very handy!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eusti

22 Mar 2015

pjeudy wrote: It's really a cool synth I like the fact the each OSC has basically the control parameter of a full synth! I sometimes wish that ANTIDOTE had a separate filter for the separate OSC, it's very handy!
Yes, that sounds like a great feature. Looking forward to find out more about it and what it means in pracitce!

D.

pbc278

23 Mar 2015

It's almost there.... approved by Props waiting for the shop page to be approved also... I set the price to the same as most of the other IDT devices (JP Organs, Meteora). But if you think of all it can do, and the quality of the sounds it produces it's a steal! But hey, I want maximum exposure and a nice (big) synth for every budget....

So whatch out for !  M I X F O O D   O R A N G E  !
Attachments
avatar_500.jpg (252.37 KiB) Viewed 1872 times
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

eusti

23 Mar 2015

Great news! Looking forward to try it! :)

D.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

23 Mar 2015

pbc278 wrote:It's almost there.... approved by Props waiting for the shop page to be approved also... I set the price to the same as most of the other IDT devices (JP Organs, Meteora).
Wow, that's a steal :shock: !

pbc278

23 Mar 2015

Yeah well, I don't want to be in the 'overpriced RE's' threat... And like some comment over there said, if your DAW is a particular price the plugin prices need to be set accordingly.. and I agree with that.
Studio Corbach
Bou

GET MIXFOOD HERE

thotbott

23 Mar 2015

Glad to hear it got approved. Sorry I couldn't be more of a help, was a crazy week last week.

• Information