Republik Handheld Percussion in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

pjeudy

12 Mar 2015

Cool. Can't wait to dig into this !!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Noise
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_GW6mTXWlo

Everyone notices the sub-minimal messages ? I want to eat pineapples now.. thanks a lot. 

Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

joeyluck

12 Mar 2015

Would really like to see more CV inputs particularly for the filter and reverb and maybe an audio input as well ;)

Lizard

12 Mar 2015

Republik is AWESOME!  If you like having a lot of percussion elements at your disposal this thing is a one stop shop.  It has variations of the most common (and not so common) items you'd expect to have in it.  I was really taken back by some of the unique sounds in there like pots and pans, bottles and electric power tools.  Cool stuff!  Must buy.

Noise
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2015

Info:
585 MB to download!
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

selig
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

Here's my first song using only Republik for all instruments:

http://phead.mu/s/7bGAAoMk

Since messing around with this I've figured out most of the features, except for how to access the "reverse" function. The buttons to step through the sample sets were not at all obvious at first - I almost made a suggestion to Matt to add these, then found them "hiding" below the picture.

Also, the automation rectangles are non-standard white instead of green (no rules against doing this, btw), making them nearly disappear on buttons like the Stereo/Poly/Velocity. It just looks a bit odd to me - some habits aren't easy to break, I guess… it hardly affects my workflow! The ADSR sliders are similarly "odd" at first as they act more like a mod wheel (or CS-80 control) in their 'travel'. 

All in all, an unexpectedly fun and also quite useful device IMO, which will definitely find it's way into many future productions!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Despondo
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2015

selig wrote:Here's my first song using only Republik for all instruments:
That was awesome!!  Your song should be on the shop page as an example for sure! :-)

KaliKush84

12 Mar 2015

Despondo wrote:
That was awesome!!  Your song should be on the shop page as an example for sure! :-)
I second that very nice demonstration of replublik articulations and detailed samples.Very sweet rack extension

lowpryo

12 Mar 2015

damn I feel bad for my gigs and gigs of percussion samples because this thing will probably be way more convenient.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

Since messing around with this I've figured out most of the features, except for how to access the "reverse" function. The buttons to step through the sample sets were not at all obvious at first - I almost made a suggestion to Matt to add these, then found them "hiding" below the picture.

Also, the automation rectangles are non-standard white instead of green (no rules against doing this, btw), making them nearly disappear on buttons like the Stereo/Poly/Velocity. It just looks a bit odd to me - some habits aren't easy to break, I guess… it hardly affects my workflow! The ADSR sliders are similarly "odd" at first as they act more like a mod wheel (or CS-80 control) in their 'travel'. 

All in all, an unexpectedly fun and also quite useful device IMO, which will definitely find it's way into many future productions!
Great demo, thanks, Giles.

Yes, it was the CS-80 that was in the back of my mind when doing the ADSR faders. I wanted them not to take up too much space as, ultimately, they are a nice extra, but should not be considered a main feature - after all, an envelope has limited use on very short percussion samples. Knobs take up a lot of width, while normal faders take up a lot of height. I'm really fond of these assets, they're very cute. So I hope I'll get to use them again somewhere.

Reverse samples are a fixed selection available on some solo samples, indicated by the Rev light.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

12 Mar 2015

Just curious: are all samples loaded completely to the memory when Republik is installed in the Rack, or are they streamed in some way? And if one uses multiple devices, do they share the memory or are the samples loaded again??

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

All the samples for the specific instrument selection are loaded as and when selected, so each Republik device with a different instrument will therefore be using its own sample pool. How this affects multiple Republiks with the same instrument loaded I'm afraid I don't know, but I think in that scenario it's a shared pool.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

12 Mar 2015

Ah ok, so those 585 MB are not loaded for each Republik, right?

K1TTENM1TTEN

12 Mar 2015

JiggeryPokery - Will this RE eventually have Audio In to really take advantage of the filters/reverbs? I also agree with the surprise of lack of CV for the filters. Any chance that these would be added later? :-D

selig
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:
Great demo, thanks, Giles.

Yes, it was the CS-80 that was in the back of my mind when doing the ADSR faders. I wanted them not to take up too much space as, ultimately, they are a nice extra, but should not be considered a main feature - after all, an envelope has limited use on very short percussion samples. Knobs take up a lot of width, while normal faders take up a lot of height. I'm really fond of these assets, they're very cute. So I hope I'll get to use them again somewhere.

Reverse samples are a fixed selection available on some solo samples, indicated by the Rev light.
OK, CS80 controls are cool so I'll have to agree it's a cool feature!   ;)
Reminds me I had originally planned for a RED fader for the Curve/Leveler.

A dedicated reverse button would extend the usefulness of these samples IMO (I kept trying to click on "REV" to make it "reverse" the sample!). 

BTW, please feel free to use this demo in any way you see fit if you like!
Selig Audio, LLC

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

Unfortunately I don't think samples can currently be reversed on-the-fly, I have to tag them as one would do in NNXT. In fact, for other reasons, in the end I manually reversed the actual samples as a duped wavs, as it allowed me to edit the fade ins to be a bit quicker.

Despondo
Competition Winner

12 Mar 2015

I just purchased it, but I have one question...

"This product also includes a complimentary sampled mug of refreshingly hot tea."

So when does this show up?  Do I have to be home to accept?  Can you guarantee the refreshness and hotness?

:?

selig
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:Unfortunately I don't think samples can currently be reversed on-the-fly, I have to tag them as one would do in NNXT. In fact, for other reasons, in the end I manually reversed the actual samples as a duped wavs, as it allowed me to edit the fade ins to be a bit quicker.
:frown:
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

Despondo wrote:I just purchased it, but I have one question...

"This product also includes a complimentary sampled mug of refreshingly hot tea."

So when does this show up?  Do I have to be home to accept?  Can you guarantee the refreshness and hotness?

You have to place your mug under the screen during the download. Worked fine for me, but this was during beta and there were a few bugs (yuk!). ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

It was refreshing and hot when I sampled it, so I guarantee that absolutely comes through in the samples ;)

For full disclosure, it was a PGTips pyramid. One sugar, no milk.

selig
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:

It was refreshing and hot when I sampled it, so I guarantee that absolutely comes through in the samples ;)

For full disclosure, it was a PGTips pyramid. One sugar, no milk.
That reminds me, just got a new box of PGTips and haven't had a cuppa yet - off to brew me some hot tea!
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

12 Mar 2015

My favourite part is the kalimba. I lost hours just improvising random stuff and it always sounded beautiful. I got the small 5-note one, fell in love with it so much, that I splashed out on the really expensive 15-note professional one.

Thing that surprised me most? How eerily musical a sound you can get out of electric sander.

Funniest moment? Doing the wine glass samples. 6 round-robins: Tap one. Tap two. Tap three. Tap four. Tap five... just one more... Ta-smash. D'oh! I left it in there, turned out to be a smashing sound.

gullum

12 Mar 2015

this will be mine before the end of the month, this will be my goto for percussion sounds
Also added remote map for it and 3 others to dropbox folder

JoshuaPhilgarlic

12 Mar 2015

Ok, I was scared by the price first (even though I can emagine how much work it was to create this RE), but after checking the demo, it was a no-brainer :D !!

AWESOME!!!!!!

• Information