FREE A/B Audio & CV Switch by pongasoft

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.

selig
RE Developer

10 Mar 2015

Oddly no way to switch via CV…  ;(

Selig Audio, LLC

frog974new

10 Mar 2015

still using the Thor , more flexibility
we can trig / switch i we want audio or cv

its free , more easy to have some switch
nice to see those kind of tools for cv/audio routing , it'll be a great tools with input cv to switch

ncurry

10 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
Or to switch via audio...

selig
RE Developer

10 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
ncurry wrote:
Or to switch via audio...
I like the cut of your jib! ;)

How about a threshold switch that worked on CV or audio - now you're talking some interesting creative possibilities!

[or a toggle mode like a guitar A/B pedal?]
Selig Audio, LLC

PSoames

10 Mar 2015

To whoever produced this - I suspect you are lurking out there somewhere - thank you!

Nice looking interface and it's always good to see another developer entering the RE market.

Deep Schulzz

10 Mar 2015

Just downloaded this free RE. It's installed plus appears in my account.  But - again - the authorisation process failed.......arghhh.
Again & again i get the error message that the authorisation process failed = check your internet connection bla, bla. But the internet connection is 100% ok.
So at the moment I have lost ALL my Rack extension stuff. This sucks.  The authorisation process is much too unreliable. :?

Grinder One

10 Mar 2015

No frills...nice n simple and to the point. I like the GUI and the logo. Now, I just want one that goes the other way(CV), 1 in...2(multiple) out.

Mart.

Majestik Monkey

10 Mar 2015

I like the simplicity of it ! simple switch in a Combi  between 2 Synth's coooooool & Thanks Pongasoft  :s0230:

selig
RE Developer

10 Mar 2015

Grinder One wrote:No frills...nice n simple and to the point. I like the GUI and the logo. Now, I just want one that goes the other way(CV), 1 in...2(multiple) out.

Mart.
Wouldn't that be a splitter?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

10 Mar 2015

Can't complain about a free Rack Extension. But it's curious that it includes everything but the knobs on the folded view. I tried clicking on the diodes, which felt natural, but did nothing. Guess I should just get these knobs mapped... :)

Grinder One

10 Mar 2015

Grinder One wrote:No frills...nice n simple and to the point. I like the GUI and the logo. Now, I just want one that goes the other way(CV), 1 in...2(multiple) out.

Mart.
selig wrote:
selig wrote:Wouldn't that be a splitter?
selig wrote: :)
Well no, because a splitter is just that, it splits. I want a router...something that is switchable, so I can send the signal in the desired direction. For example, one LFO modulating either an oscillator, a filter, or an envelope depending on selection.
Sure you can do this with a splitter but that makes it fixed...now if you want a patch that is programmable, then the only way to do that with a splitter is to manually patch/unpatch the cables. Erm...if you're using 16 'A series' oscillators in one combi, that's a little awkward :)

Mart.

selig
RE Developer

10 Mar 2015

Mart.
selig wrote:
Grinder One wrote: Well no, because a splitter is just that, it splits. I want a router...something that is switchable, so I can send the signal in the desired direction. For example, one LFO modulating either an oscillator, a filter, or an envelope depending on selection.
Sure you can do this with a splitter but that makes it fixed...now if you want a patch that is programmable, then the only way to do that with a splitter is to manually patch/unpatch the cables. Erm...if you're using 16 'A series' oscillators in one combi, that's a little awkward :)

Mart.
Sorry, I now totally understand what you were asking for, not sure how I missed something this basic! 

Yes, a "many to one" and a "one to many" would be quite handy, especially if you could support more than 2 choices on the "many" side of things.

Carry on, nothing to see here…

;)
Selig Audio, LLC

MirEko

10 Mar 2015

Mart.
selig wrote:
Grinder One wrote: Well no, because a splitter is just that, it splits. I want a router...something that is switchable, so I can send the signal in the desired direction. For example, one LFO modulating either an oscillator, a filter, or an envelope depending on selection.

Mart.
Traffic control RE?
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

challism

11 Mar 2015

Mart.
selig wrote:

Mart.

Have you looked at Front-8?  I love it.
https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... cv-router/

--------------And a BIG "THANK YOU" to the developer for giving us this gift.  It would be nice to have some CV controls on the back, but who can legitimately complain about a free RE?  Not me!!  Thanks again.  :D
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Bonkhead

11 Mar 2015

it is free, and it is small, so THANK YOU :)

tumar

11 Mar 2015

One can use free Morfin XF as switch between sound sources:

https://shop.propellerheads.se/product/ ... rossfader/

Makis

11 Mar 2015

I like it. I am using it as a substitute for Sample Magic's MagicAB.

Pepin

11 Mar 2015

This RE is a great gift to the community. Thanks to the developer!  :comp:

challism wrote:

Mart.
selig wrote:

Mart.
challism wrote:

challism wrote:
Just to clarify, FRONT-8 alone doesn't really work as a CV "switch" because each connection is a separate property. But it's possible to achieve if you also use RVL-1. I posted an example here:
http://www.reasontalk.com/post/io-selec ... trail=25#1

However, FRONT-8 alone does make re-routing connections easier/automatable, so it could be good enough if a switch isn't strictly needed.

Grinder One

11 Mar 2015

Pepin wrote:This RE is a great gift to the community. Thanks to the developer!  :comp:

challism wrote:

Mart.
selig wrote:
Grinder One wrote:
Grinder One wrote:Well no, because a splitter is just that, it splits. I want a router...something that is switchable, so I can send the signal in the desired direction. For example, one LFO modulating either an oscillator, a filter, or an envelope depending on selection.
Grinder One wrote:
Grinder One wrote:Sure you can do this with a splitter but that makes it fixed...now if you want a patch that is programmable, then the only way to do that with a splitter is to manually patch/unpatch the cables. Erm...if you're using 16 'A series' oscillators in one combi, that's a little awkward :)
Grinder One wrote:
Grinder One wrote:Mart.
challism wrote:

challism wrote:
Pepin wrote:
Just to clarify, FRONT-8 alone doesn't really work as a CV "switch" because each connection is a separate property. But it's possible to achieve if you also use RVL-1. I posted an example here:
http://www.reasontalk.com/post/io-selec ... trail=25#1
Pepin wrote:
However, FRONT-8 alone
Pepin wrote:does
Pepin wrote: make re-routing connections easier/automatable, so it could be good enough if a switch isn't strictly needed.
Yea, there are a few different options if you're prepared to use rotaries for example, rather than switches, there's Volt SL-1 for example, and some of Hamu's RE's but the best and most straight foward I've found is JP's Lolth.
It just would be nice to have one simple device with just one CV in and 4 or more outs that are governed by a switch...with no frills. I wanted this device way back, long before RE's...I can't remember why lol but, know I've wanted it a few times.
It's the same for faders, I know there's Hamu's mod panel and I've used it a few times to control envelopes, but just like there's the excellent CV8x4 from Aftermath, I would love exactly the same thing but with faders rather than rotaries and I can't believe no one has created this RE yet.

I sometimes think devs often cram too much into their RE's yet for me, they often overlook the important things like CV inputs...'oh there's a big fat knob on the front to adjust the volume so you don't need a CV in'...cool but, what if I want to use 5 instances of this and control them simultaneously..combinator's not always an option.

Anyway, I'm waffling, it's just nice to see a plain and simple RE with no frills, like this one from Pongasoft, I'd like to see more like this.

Mart.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

23 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
There's an update available providing... guess what ;) ?!?

eusti

23 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote: There's an update available providing... guess what ;) ?!?

Great news! Thanks for the update (and the update on the update)! ;)

D.

electrofux

23 Mar 2015

Omg good news with the cv control. Now i will use this heavily. Thanks so much.

selig
RE Developer

23 Mar 2015

selig wrote:
JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote: There's an update available providing... guess what ;) ?!?

Now that's what I call service!
Nicely done, pongasoft.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

submonsterz

23 Mar 2015

only problem with this device is its simple enough to had been an sdk1 device ......
but sadly props roll the sdk how they do forcing upgrades even to run such a simple thing :frown: .

• Information