Echbode - Does anyone have a track showing this RE off?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
K1TTENM1TTEN

10 Mar 2015

I keep seeing how much people like Echobode, but during my trial I could not seem to get it to do anything for me that wowed me. I am not saying this is a bad RE, it is probably just a bad user, haha. That being said, I was curious if anyone had a track they have done that really showcases just what Echobode is doing? 

joeyluck

10 Mar 2015

K1TTENM1TTEN wrote:I keep seeing how much people like Echobode, but during my trial I could not seem to get it to do anything for me that wowed me. I am not saying this is a bad RE, it is probably just a bad user, haha. That being said, I was curious if anyone had a track they have done that really showcases just what Echobode is doing? 
I use it on just about everything. Drums, vocals, keys. I use it for delays, chorus, phaser, flanger, frequency shifting of course... I have it in some tracks, but it would be hard to pinpoint for you everything it is doing. I'm not doing anything particularly crazy with it—which others in fact might do.

It is a definite must-have in IMO.

eXode

10 Mar 2015

This track features Echobode for chorusing/flanging/phasing effects on the various sounds, as well as some chorused echoes and finally the crazy robot FX on the drums. This demo song is included in native Reason song format with the RE.

Shokstar

10 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:This track uses Echobode for delay on the piano beginning at 1:24
your song would be great for a dubstep track :)  

challism

11 Mar 2015

Yes, Echobode... the MUST HAVE RE that I still do not have (or have yet to trial).  I know I will probably get it after trialing it.  But other great REs keep going on sale when I am in the market to buy (ie recent Selig 50% off sale and the Christmas/New Year sales).  So Echobode keeps getting put on the back burner... but it gets so much praise, and the price is so low, I will most definitely be snatching it up sometime soon.

Thanks for sharing your tracks, guys.  The promo video for this device is pretty lame, and I have often wondered what it does/is capable of, without trialing it, of course.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Yonatan

11 Mar 2015

Well, I bought Echobode in the beginning after trying it, but it was because it sounded strange and I liked the frequensy wheel. I did not manage to get any practical use of it, so it stayed there like an obscure effect I did not understand yet. But I had totally forgot about using its presets. And if that is what you also did when trying it, I do understand the big ?. Once I went through the presets I understood that it had many effects I thought I lacked. It can do so many things that is delay-related. Is it worth its price? Yes it is. Will it go out on sale? Probably not, based on that the company 'Sonic Charge' seems not being that active as a RE-developer. But who knows... If not in need of a device that is that versatile with delay, and if you have enough other phasers, choruses, flangers, echos etc...you might be patient and wait for a possible sale (it might happen). The company seems to be a Swedish one. 

(The more time elapse, the more we see which developers really are present and updating and are communicating on the forum etc. I would like to give a big + for all those ones, and you know who you are, spreading light to your fellow Reasoners. You know the magic of a win-win market, giving support freely, and getting a lot of thankfullness and loyal customers in return. That is the spirit which I hope will penetrate Propellerhead more ahead, and that the latest trends have made me doubt a bit, but I wont make my final judgement too early. But a one-man developer or a small DAW-company needs to do that which the big ones don´t. Thanks!)

Shokstar

11 Mar 2015

Here is my sound example. I was using the Echobode as a riser FX.

you can use it in different ways, if you know how to use it. the most time I´m using it as an insert FX and not as a send FX and I automated almost everything to get more life out of this FX.

https://soundcloud.com/shoko-at-work/sh ... mix#t=1:26

Wee Joe

11 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:This track uses Echobode for delay on the piano beginning at 1:24

Love This Track........ :t2018:  Will have to listen to more of your stuff. Well Done

FATCheese

11 Mar 2015

This uses it throughout the song but the end at 3.05 is a nice trick which you can use the echobode for!

Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

Benedict
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2015

Hi

Echobode is really besot for subtle stuff but can do some bizarre things. I use it quite a bit but tend to forget where. Here are a few examples I do remeber of more pronounced pitch/freq stuff

The slow pitch rising (and probably the backing sounds too) in part 1 is definitely Echobode

https://benedictroff-marsh.bandcamp.com ... roxide-sea

The heavy atmosphere at the start is a combo of Echobode and Polar both of which are really doing the same thing: a plus and minus shift.

https://benedictroff-marsh.bandcamp.com ... us-sojourn

I'm pretty sure the delay in this track is also Echobode

https://benedictroff-marsh.bandcamp.com ... ght-liquid

I still think it is probably the single best RE so far.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Ayello

11 Mar 2015

I have use Echobode for every delay in this track

https://soundcloud.com/karthadasht/adadub

Concep

11 Mar 2015

Really nice song, Joey Luck!

popp

12 Mar 2015

Concep wrote:
Really nice song, Joey Luck!
...that joeyluck song is badass... it has such a cool atmosphere...
Super Dabbler

Emian

12 Mar 2015

ok i'll just post one too.

In my track the lead synth is a combinator patch (made by Tom Pritchard) included with Echobode, it's the plucky synth that comes in at 1.05.

Also used it for delays. it's really a cool RE !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

JNeffLind

12 Mar 2015

First let me say this sounds great. As someone still learning, I'm curious what makes Echobode different than a conventional delay. I know it has all sorts of tricks, but in terms of being a bare bones delay, what makes it so special? 

EnochLight

12 Mar 2015

JNeffLind wrote:As someone still learning, I'm curious what makes Echobode different than a conventional delay. I know it has all sorts of tricks, but in terms of being a bare bones delay, what makes it so special? 
IMHO, the delay in Echobode alone doesn't really come off as anything special.  It's a good delay, for sure, but what sets it apart from the pack is everything else that Echobode does in addition.  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Exowildebeest

12 Mar 2015

I wouldn't describe Echobode as a delay in the first place, there's a reason the frequency knob is the largest. Frequency shifting by itself tends to sound harsh, so the other features are there to tame it and sculpture it.

Exowildebeest

12 Mar 2015

Before somebody shoots me down with Sonic Charge's "official" description of Echobode, I'll qualify my statement by saying that their description is a technical one, mine is from a pragmatical perspective ;)

joeyluck

13 Mar 2015

Thanks everybody for the comments! It's still not the best example track for Echobode. I think eXode's track does a little better job showcasing it. Unfortunately I have nothing else newer online... But again, I use it for almost everything. I honestly stick to many of the presets for chorus, flangers, phasers, and delays. And eXode's are amongst my favorite patches :)

I'm pretty sure that was probably "Dream Delay" in the track I posted...

pbc278

13 Mar 2015

I use Echobode all the time on my tracks... I Love the presets done by eXode... In fact I love everything by eXode ;-)

Greets from the Netherlands,
Studio Corbach
Bou

----------------------------     
GET MIXFOOD HERE

hydlide

13 Mar 2015

I did a guitar shimmering effect using the echo bode not so long ago. I think its quite unique as a delay/phase/frequency shift effect tool.

Whoopdee

13 Mar 2015

1 minute in

JNeffLind

15 Mar 2015

eXode wrote:

This track features Echobode for chorusing/flanging/phasing effects on the various sounds, as well as some chorused echoes and finally the crazy robot FX on the drums. This demo song is included in native Reason song format with the RE.
Love this track. What is the ethics on using some of these same sounds on my own track? I'd feel bad about it, but I guess that's why it's included as a sample song...

Anyway, great example. 

ScuzzyEye

15 Mar 2015

JNeffLind wrote:Love this track. What is the ethics on using some of these same sounds on my own track? I'd feel bad about it, but I guess that's why it's included as a sample song...
Just because it's in an included demo doesn't mean it's free to use. Look at what happened with "Faxing Berlin" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Faxing_Berlin Definitely get permission first.

• Information