April Fools' Day: What might we see?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
dustmoses

01 Apr 2017

Got attention (why not)

Got more cowbell last year, limited usefulness but not useless, get it while it's hot.

dustmoses

01 Apr 2017

hook up attention to a matrix and randomize, really kind of cool...

Exowildebeest

01 Apr 2017

Attention song challenge? :D

Seems like it can be triggered by audio as well. [edit: nope it's just a passthrough] Pitch can only be controlled through CV.

What a weird little device :) I expect the Rob-hand to animate though :(

Electric-Metal

01 Apr 2017

Exowildebeest wrote: I expect the Rob-hand to animate though :(
Yeah, a total bummer. But I expect this to be fixed with an update within a few days :puf_wink:
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

Noplan
Competition Winner

03 Apr 2017

Attention is actually a nice tool for my recording sessions to tell everybody in the room to be quiet. Instead of saying "psssshhhht".

Oquasec

03 Apr 2017

Wait for midi
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Steedus
Competition Winner

04 Apr 2017

that Crapre RE looks interesting if it really does simulate cassette tapes and has spring reverb. Unfortunately it requires me to upgrade Reason :(

joeyluck

04 Apr 2017

Steedus wrote:that Crapre RE looks interesting if it really does simulate cassette tapes and has spring reverb. Unfortunately it requires me to upgrade Reason :(
Are you on R6.5? Because if Crapre requires anything, it's not beyond R7.1. It was released last year.

Steedus
Competition Winner

05 Apr 2017

joeyluck wrote:
Steedus wrote:that Crapre RE looks interesting if it really does simulate cassette tapes and has spring reverb. Unfortunately it requires me to upgrade Reason :(
Are you on R6.5? Because if Crapre requires anything, it's not beyond R7.1. It was released last year.
Yeah. I suppose I can't be shocked at this point that new REs aren't compatible.. My version is 5 years old now. I've made up my mind though I'm definitely upgrading at the next major update (9.5, or 10)

pedrocaetanos

05 Apr 2017

selig wrote:Coming Soon from Selig Audio…
As an extension of the Leveler's amazing upwards compression algorithm, I'm working on a brand new high tech low level amplification device that takes advantage of the principle that no sound ever decays totally to silence. This means all sounds ever made are still "hanging around", albeit at very low levels. The trick is to filter out the louder (newer) audio leaving only the old.

Using this technology we can literally go back in time and hear things like famous speeches, find out what folks were REALLY saying to each other when the microphones were turned off, even find the missing 18 minutes from the Nixon tapes, etc. In fact once I tweak the algorithms further one could even go back far enough to be able to hear what the Dinosaurs actually sound like, and taking it to the ultimate conclusion, to finally hear the sound of the original Big Bang!
Coming 4/1/15…
:)
Hey this should have been released in the beginning of the month!
Props haven't approved yet?
One question: for testing the Big Bang patch, shouldn't I use a limiter in the master bus?
I tried without limiter with the beta version, and things didn't turn out well...
One speaker is still crushed inside the back wall. Its spiked deep and hard to remove, and I didn't had much time to dig it out, as I have been a bit busy replacing windows glasses and putting furniture back in place.
Curiouslly, the other speaker melted in flight before it hit the wall.
I believe it is this stereo assimetry that explains the universe irregularities that eventually evolved into forming galaxies.
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

boingy

07 Mar 2019

How about:

"Propellerheads buy Microsoft and finally fix the auto-numbering bugs that have plagued MS Word since 1983".

retreed
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2019

"We finally decided to drop the complete VST topic. It was a nice experience, but we want to focus on RE development instead. With the new upcoming Reason 11, VST will be completely removed."

:o

MrFigg
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2019

A complete your RE Bundle Bundle. All the REs you didn’t get bundled in all the bundles, because you already bought all the other REs in the bundle at full price, at a seriously discounted Bundle Bundle price.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

boingy

07 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
07 Mar 2019
A complete your RE Bundle Bundle. All the REs you didn’t get bundled in all the bundles, because you already bought them full price, at a seriously discounted Bundle Bundle price.
I'm not falling for that one. I'm gonna wait for the Mega Bundle Bundle, AKA "The 10 Terabyte Pack", which includes everything at least twice plus every version of Reason, including beta versions.

O1B

07 Mar 2019

challism

07 Mar 2019

Announcement: Propellerhead decides to implement all the feature requests made by forum users at ReasonTalk, and they are complaining about the upgrade price.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

jappe

07 Mar 2019

Hmm...annoying pop up window "Computer Too Slow" replaced by a voice growling the same with impressive loudness😬

diminished
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2019

jappe wrote:
07 Mar 2019
Hmm...annoying pop up window "Computer Too Slow" replaced by a voice growling the same with impressive loudness😬
Or how about a RE that artificially adds the cracks and pops as when your CPU craps out. Sold for $69 (not a part of the Reward store). Because we're gonna miss 'em once they increase VST performance. Giggedy!
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

jappe

07 Mar 2019

diminished wrote:
07 Mar 2019
jappe wrote:
07 Mar 2019
Or how about a RE that artificially adds the cracks and pops as when your CPU craps out. Sold for $69 (not a part of the Reward store). Because we're gonna miss 'em once they increase VST performance. Giggedy!
Haha nice feature, usable when we'll set the CPU limit above 10% or thereabouts

craven

08 Mar 2019

April fools: Reason complete on mobile phones (also Android!) and tablets.

I bought Reason Compact and compact it is: so far it's only Europe with a very limited sequencer. Then again, I think it's great to work on patches and melodies on the go. Please more of this! Still a far way to become a compact studio.
I'd love to see a reboot of figure as part of reason compact! Maybe Figure was Prop's test app to see how the market reacts. I really liked it but missed this killer feature: opening Figure tracks as editable project files in Reason. That'd been so f'ing amazing. So now Compact can make this dream come true.
:ugeek:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2019

diminished wrote:
07 Mar 2019

I’ve already got that as a stock device.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

buddard
RE Developer

08 Mar 2019

diminished wrote:
07 Mar 2019
jappe wrote:
07 Mar 2019
It doesn't even have to be artificial -- It just has to perform tons of unnecessary calculations to drain the DSP capacity. It could have a knob that increases the CPU usage, so you can dial in just the amount of crackles and pops that you want! :lol:

joeyluck

08 Mar 2019

buddard wrote:
08 Mar 2019
diminished wrote:
07 Mar 2019

It doesn't even have to be artificial -- It just has to perform tons of unnecessary calculations to drain the DSP capacity. It could have a knob that increases the CPU usage, so you can dial in just the amount of crackles and pops that you want! :lol:
:D

Speaking of popping, remember my idea for A-List Pop Corns? :lol:
A rack-mounted microwave, that generates random pop samples and gates via CV outputs like popcorn popping! You could see the bag of popcorn turning and growing inside. Random gates would increase as time counts down and the bag gets bigger. Maybe it can go into burnt popcorn mode too :puf_smile:

• Information