Selig Audio Entire Product Line 50% off!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Kazz

09 Mar 2015

Julibee wrote: That was exactly what was happening... clicking "Purchase" did nothing on Safari... I guess I'll have to get Chrome. Thanks! :)
normen wrote:
I don't seem to have issues with Safari on Yosemite here.. Seems the whole website/shop thing is a bit wonky atm given they are upgrading their infrastructure.
Were you auto-filling your info? One person above said that was where he was running into problems, although I can't see why that would be the issue...I'll try testing that myself if I buy another RE soon.

ScuzzyEye

09 Mar 2015

Kazz wrote:Were you auto-filling your info? One person above said that was where he was running into problems, although I can't see why that would be the issue...I'll try testing that myself if I buy another RE soon.
Sometimes when forms are auto-filled, the JavaScript watching for fields to be filled in doesn't catch it, and won't allow the form to be submitted thinking that it is incomplete.

challism

09 Mar 2015

challism wrote: POPULAR RIGHT NOW: SELIG PRODUCTS!  DUH!!!!!!!!!!! OF COURSE THEY ARE!
Only a complete moron wouldn't be buying the entire collection right now (in my humble opinion).

I would even bet that Selig is about to break the all time Propellerhead record for most REs sold in a single day.

Kategra wrote:

Or people who don't need it!
I won't buy a RE thinking that maybe I'll find a use for it; that would be the real moronic thing to do, especially when I can never resell it!
Only a complete moron wouldn't be buying the entire collection right now (in my humble opinion)
Gaja wrote: or someone without money.
Touche, touche!  I was sort of being cheeky when I said only a complete moron wouldn't buy it.  I'm just overjoyed at the fantastic deal I just got on these great products.  I know Selig doesn't really ever run sales, and I have been wanting these REs for a LONG ASS TIME.  Now I'm so happy that I waited.  Anyway, there are many reasons why someone wouldn't buy them, and I do understand some REs are not for everyone, some people don't have the extra money to spend, some people don't want any REs... etc, etc.  I get it.  I'm just happy to get this buy one/get one free-type of deal from Giles.  Thanks again, Giles!!!  Cheers
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

tyerac

09 Mar 2015

just bought leveler.... Fantastic! thanks Giles!
I'm keeping it ALL in Reason.... Within Reason.

craven

09 Mar 2015

I have all your products, Selig! And now I just saw this:

I thought you were a saint :)
Attachments
selig_666.JPG
selig_666.JPG (13.66 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
:ugeek:

selig
RE Developer

09 Mar 2015

craven wrote:I have all you products, Selig! And now I just saw this:

I thought you were a saint :)
There, fixed for you! ;)
[of course this won't make any sense as soon as I post again…]
Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-03-09_at_1.09.35_PM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-03-09_at_1.09.35_PM.png (17.81 KiB) Viewed 1804 times
Selig Audio, LLC

ebop

09 Mar 2015

I have them all except the De-esser. I have assumed the De-esser is mainly used on vocals, am I right in assuming this?

selig
RE Developer

09 Mar 2015

ebop wrote:I have them all except the De-esser. I have assumed the De-esser is mainly used on vocals, am I right in assuming this?
Yes. There are some that have claimed success with reducing acoustic guitar fret noises, but unlike sibilance detection/control this is not something we claim this device will reliably perform. 

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

09 Mar 2015

From what I understand, the DeEsser can also remove exclamation points and capital letters from vocals and can remove odor from Reason tracks (also not claimed by the developer, but has been confirmed by some).

Kazz

09 Mar 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:Sometimes when forms are auto-filled, the JavaScript watching for fields to be filled in doesn't catch it, and won't allow the form to be submitted thinking that it is incomplete.
Thanks, hadn't thought of that. :)

Now I think I've derailed this thread more than enough, so I'll add that I finally have all of Selig's REs too, and anyone who doesn't have them yet should really give them a try while the sale's going - they really are some of the best REs in the shop! :D

pjeudy

09 Mar 2015

Getting the DeEsser after this post.
What won me over was testing it back and fort against the DeEsser in REASON..The one from Reason uses the stereo information of the track right away...the one from Selig does not the one instance is only Mono (wait for it..) ** UNTIL ** -----> I found the Stereo DeEsser combinator.
It beats the REASON version hands down... The one from REASON does some splitting of the Stereo field that I don't like, to me it basically makes the stereo information sound worst..Selig stereo DeEsser combinator, when I bypass the effect on and off, kept the stereo information intact with the original..with the only change being  less sibilance of course....PERFECT!!

**UPDATE** Bought !
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

ProfessaKaos

10 Mar 2015

The Leveler and DeEsser are pretty much always the first 2 devices in my vocal chain, unless the recorded vocal needs EQ first.
The DeEsser is the Best DeEsser I've come across, much better then the Waves and Pro Tools ones as those DeEssers tend to reduce clarity in a vocal which leads to using an EQ after the DeEsser to EQ the Clarity back in. Selig's DeEsser doesn't do any of this, it just reduces the Esser's, Brilliant  :thumbup:
The Leveler is also Brilliant, really brings vocals to be upfront with a more constant level while still sounding natural.
A little FET and McDSP EQ after these 2 and vocals can sound quite delicious.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

GRIFTY

10 Mar 2015

I'm going to step into the long line of questions asking; when does the sale end!!??!!?? I usually wait till Friday to make bank deposits (get paid cash), but if it ends sooner than that I'm going straight to the bank in the morning and buying it all up ASAP

Gaja

10 Mar 2015

Actually my bank (wife) said get gain as well, so here I go. I now have all Selig REs in my Rack. Thanks for making it easy for us :)
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Grooq

10 Mar 2015

Let me mention here Selig's great 'Freq Fighter' combi, technically not an RE of course but de facto it is; it is similar to the Carve RE: dynamically eq-ing out certain frequencies based on a source sound (sidechain eq-ing?).
I don't know where it (and some tutorial) is available now as the props forum has been shut.
Its price is similar to the ReMark.   :-)

challism

10 Mar 2015

I would be interested in the "Freq Fighter" combi.

selig
RE Developer

10 Mar 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:The link to the Leveler manual isn't working: http://www.seligaudio.com/images/pdf/Se ... v1.1.0.pdf
selig wrote:
I've re-submitted the page with the new link - may take a few days and in the mean time here's the proper link:
http://www.seligaudio.com/images/pdf/Se ... 0Guide.pdf
selig wrote:
Thanks for pointing this out!
This should be working now - thanks again for the heads up!
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

10 Mar 2015

challism wrote:I would be interested in the "Freq Fighter" combi.
Get it here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/147 ... 02.cmb.zip
Selig Audio, LLC

Exowildebeest

10 Mar 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:The link to the Leveler manual isn't working: http://www.seligaudio.com/images/pdf/Se ... v1.1.0.pdf
selig wrote:
I've re-submitted the page with the new link - may take a few days and in the mean time here's the proper link:
http://www.seligaudio.com/images/pdf/Se ... 0Guide.pdf
selig wrote:
Thanks for pointing this out!
selig wrote:
This should be working now - thanks again for the heads up!
It works! And thank you for the high quality manual.

ionly

10 Mar 2015

Grabbed 'em all.

Cheers Mr Selig ;D

MDTerps2015

10 Mar 2015

Grooq wrote:Let me mention here Selig's great 'Freq Fighter' combi, technically not an RE of course but de facto it is; it is similar to the Carve RE: dynamically eq-ing out certain frequencies based on a source sound (sidechain eq-ing?).
I don't know where it (and some tutorial) is available now as the props forum has been shut.
Its price is similar to the ReMark.   :-)
I actually pmed Selig and he sent it to me. I greatly appreciated that. I went looking for it too.

(EDIT) Didnt see that he put it up. Sorry all and thanks Selig. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

GRIFTY

10 Mar 2015

there you go selig.  there's my 65 bucks.  you sly dog, not telling anybody when the sale ends.  purposefully avoiding the questions. 

didn't you say on the PUF quite a while back that you would never put your products on sale?  you sly dog you.  very high quality work

challism

11 Mar 2015

I'm pretty sure I remember him saying he won't have sales or make bundles because it isn't fair to the previous customers.  I am so happy that he decided to have a sale, after all.  And I am happy that I have put off buying his REs so I could take advantage of his surprise sale!  Thank you Giles!  And, for the record, I don't see any previous customers complaining about this sale... only the highest (and worthy) praise.  As a new customer, I am a big fan.... these things are great.  I think the Leveler is probably my favorite of the three.  I'm using it everywhere.

I'm guessing he needed some quick cash for some new gear or maybe to pay for the development of a new RE he is working on?

Buddaka

11 Mar 2015

I think it's time for me to jump on the Seligwagon as well. Great deal, cheers!

Theo.M

11 Mar 2015

Sensational deal for sensational products, although i always felt they were sensationally priced as they were. It's just all sensational! hehe.
Now it's just highway robbery!!! :shock:  Grab these before Giles comes to his senses! All three products, even gain, are just fantastic, and had they not existed i wouldn't be using Reason that much, seriously, that's how much I need them. I use 50 gains per track at least BTW for so many duties,at least 2 levellers and always a deesser if i have vocals. Must haves.

• Information