Selig Audio Entire Product Line 50% off!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
selig
RE Developer

19 Mar 2015

challism wrote:Now I think I understand the reason for this Selig 50% off sale.... because Propellerhead just put together these sweet bundles and alll Seligs stuff is all included on one of them (https://shop.propellerheads.se/bundle/outboard-rig/) along with a ton of other REs.  All for $199USD.  Crazy cheap!  Clearly, Selig knew about this and offered a last minute sale before the bundle hit the shop.  Smart move.  I would have done the same thing.  I sort of wish I could go back and hold off a bit longer, spending another $126 I could have also owned:
  • • 4Dyne
  • • Black Knight 5 Band Equalizer
  • • DCAM BusComp
  • • DCAM ChanComp
  • • DCAM EnvShaper
  • • EVE-AT4 3-Band Equalizer
  • • G8 Dynamic Gate
  • • Ozone Maximizer
  • • RE 200 Bass Enhancer
  • • RE 202 Exciter
  • • Selig DeEsser
  • • Selig Gain
  • • Selig Leveler
  • • Softube TSAR-1R Reverb
  • • Softube Valley People Dyna-Mite
  • • Synapse DR-1 Deep Reverb
Anywho, I am still happy with the recent Selig purchases I made, and think they were a great price.  Just wish I could do a "complete my bundle" option and grab the rest of these bad boys.  :/
Namahs Amrak wrote:
I'll say that if Selig's devices were never on sale, I would have snapped this bundle up in an instant. Now, however, that I have purchased his devices at 1/2 off, I will never buy this bundle, because overall it's devalued by last weeks purchase.
But what if one day the BUNDLE goes on sale?!? ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

19 Mar 2015

ReasonUser wrote:Yeah, feeling slightly silly now since I just purchased these less than 12 hours ago and didn't even download yet. 
I'm sure the Selig stuff is great for the price I paid, but I sure would have liked to have the whole bundle for $199.
selig wrote:
Sincere apologies for making you feel silly, and also for everyone who purchased at full price right before the recent price reduction - this is the down side to doing any promotions and something I have "avoided" in the past by simply not doing any promotions at all! ;)

Running a promotion includes the risk that there will likely be someone who is not happy because of the timing of their purchase, but I still don't enjoy knowing this happens. If I knew of a way of preventing this I would already be doing it!
:)
challism wrote:
No hard feelings here, GIles.  I'm a big fan of the REs I recently purchased from you, and I am happy that I got them for such a good price, at 50% off.  I think it was a smart move for you to put them on sale like that, right before this bundle hit the shop.  I do wish I had waited, though, instead of jumping on your sale immediately.  Because 10 days later and I would have had the rest of these REs for just another $126. 

Even if the Selig package wasn't included, this bundle price is ridiculous!
Indeed the value is ridiculous (good), but the price itself is high for many (far more than the R8 upgrade cost, for example).

It's not the $126 dollars you need to consider, it's the $199 because that's what you'd have to come up with to take advantage of this deal. You can discount an expensive car for a fraction of the suggested cost and it's a great deal - but most here still wouldn't be able to run right out and take advantage of that offer.   ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

19 Mar 2015

challism wrote:Now I think I understand the reason for this Selig 50% off sale.... because Propellerhead just put together these sweet bundles and alll Seligs stuff is all included on one of them (https://shop.propellerheads.se/bundle/outboard-rig/) along with a ton of other REs.  All for $199USD.  Crazy cheap!  Clearly, Selig knew about this and offered a last minute sale before the bundle hit the shop.  Smart move.  I would have done the same thing.  I sort of wish I could go back and hold off a bit longer, spending another $126 I could have also owned:
  • • 4Dyne
  • • Black Knight 5 Band Equalizer
  • • DCAM BusComp
  • • DCAM ChanComp
  • • DCAM EnvShaper
  • • EVE-AT4 3-Band Equalizer
  • • G8 Dynamic Gate
  • • Ozone Maximizer
  • • RE 200 Bass Enhancer
  • • RE 202 Exciter
  • • Selig DeEsser
  • • Selig Gain
  • • Selig Leveler
  • • Softube TSAR-1R Reverb
  • • Softube Valley People Dyna-Mite
  • • Synapse DR-1 Deep Reverb
Anywho, I am still happy with the recent Selig purchases I made, and think they were a great price.  Just wish I could do a "complete my bundle" option and grab the rest of these bad boys.  :/
Namahs Amrak wrote:
I'll say that if Selig's devices were never on sale, I would have snapped this bundle up in an instant. Now, however, that I have purchased his devices at 1/2 off, I will never buy this bundle, because overall it's devalued by last weeks purchase.
selig wrote:
But what if one day the BUNDLE goes on sale?!? ;)

craven

19 Mar 2015

selig wrote: But what if one day the BUNDLE goes on sale?!? ;)
what if they bundle those three super saver bundle into one giant bundle? :)
what if they bundle every single RE available?

I'm still a bit sad, that I did not wait some more with your sale - it sounded too good - well I see it as support now. Also bought the Leveler at full prize already and it's awesome that you provide us with these quality REs!
:ugeek:

Kategra

19 Mar 2015

Sales usually lead to new product announcement or more sales afterwards.
SDK 3 could be in the last 100 meters, so maybe PH+Devs need to push some old stock before that?

mcatalao
Competition Winner

19 Mar 2015

Come on guys, sales are sales. If you buy a sweater in a store in October, wear it the whole winter, and in March it goes on sale will you batch about it? If you didn't buy it you'd batch about the cold... :/

I wouldn't mind seeing a "make your bundle" though...  

WeaponizedCornflakes

20 Mar 2015

In the case of Selig's sale, I don't mind that if I waited I could have gotten more for my money by buying the big bundle because of how active he is in the forum. I consider his advice, as well as the other audio professionals who post here, worth paying for. I see it as paying not only for his REs, but also for free ongoing support.

Now, if I purchased a bunch of Propellerhead REs and then they went on a big sale, I would be a lot more peeved because of how little they interact with us. At least Selig is transparent, or reasonably so, about the reasoning behind his pricing and marketing strategy, which I do appreciate.

challism

20 Mar 2015

Giles is the man!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Kazz

21 Mar 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Selling 100 devices at half price compared to 50 devices at full price, would surely amount to the same outcome for you, yes?
One important thing to remember is that (unless they have multiple accounts) people can only ever buy a Rack Extension once.

If you sell 50 of them to 50 out of 100 people, you still have 50 potential buyers in the future.  If you sell one to each of them at half price, you may make as much money at that time (depending on what is taken out of each sale), but you have 0 potential buyers left.

Of course in a real world scenario potential buyers come and go, but the basic idea is still true.  If someone buys it a RE, on sale or not, that's it for them.  So from a financial perspective for the developer, knowing that you have a limited pool of potential buyers, you want to see each customer buying at a higher price if possible.

Last Alternative

21 Mar 2015

Come on with that new RE, Selig!!! TOTALLY looking forward to it. Don't know what it is but it's gonna be awesome.
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

FATCheese

21 Mar 2015

I'm so tempted to buy one of the bundles.

But if I do that would go off the savings for my gear money.... :frown:
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

selig
RE Developer

30 Mar 2015

Attention: the price reduction for all Selig Audio devices ends tomorrow - last chance to take advantage of this offer!!!
Selig Audio, LLC

ckingram2006

30 Mar 2015

Thanks Selig for the update. I have already purchased Deesser and Gain during the sale. Logging in now to complet the trio!!!!!!

ckingram2006

30 Mar 2015

Done

Exowildebeest

31 Mar 2015

Okay I finally have Gain now too - I suddenly felt I wanted it in a project right now. Sick of manually wiring a little mixer for gain control, I guess.

Gaja

31 Mar 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:Okay I finally have Gain now too - I suddenly felt I wanted it in a project right now. Sick of manually wiring a little mixer for gain control, I guess.
It's totally worth it. I was mixing a song and all of a sudden I had gain on almost every track. For different panning options, or for adding level, or just for reading levels. Fantastic little device, I use it far more than I originally thought I would.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

deankay

31 Mar 2015

selig wrote:Attention: the price reduction for all Selig Audio devices ends tomorrow - last chance to take advantage of this offer!!!
Just wanted to say how Grateful I am to have all your devices, very proud.
They're fantastic.

Thank you

dhruan

31 Mar 2015

Mwahah, was a bit on the fence about DeEsser but then I gave it a quick spin using my own vox and went like "Mmmmmmmmm, ok, so I might actually *need* to get this... dayum.".

Mind you, my esses are not at all prominent but A/B testing using DeEsser made it a pretty clear winner in my books. Funny that. :D

So yeah, now I have all of them, screw the bundle. ;)
soundcloud.com/armsgrade

• Information