Reveal Sound Spire RE confirmed in the works!!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EnochLight

27 Feb 2015

After much elusive speculation from cryptic posts and emails, Reveal Sound confirmed today that they are, in fact, continuing to work on a Rack Extension for Spire!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/revealsoundspi ... =1&theater

This is awesome news!
Dear friends,

during last year we have worked on new version of Spire and we are pleased to announce Spire 1.1 which will be available on May 2015.

Major Core fetaures:
- New SSE optimized DSP engine with less CPU usage
- Memory optimization. Unused sections are no longer consume RAM. 
- Add Modulation Buses, Sources and Targets

GUI Improvements
- Design Upgrade 
- 150%, 200% Scale modes
- Pitch and Mod Wheels
- Five Extra Mod Knobs (Macroses)
- Global Pitch Shift
- Microtuning section
- Shift buttons in Arp

Will be available as VST/AU/AAX plugins. 

Some long-term plans:
- Extended preset browser
- Custom wave loading
- Granular sampler OSC mode
- Vowel OSC mode 
- New reverberator's types
- New shaper's types
- Filter with Drive Parameter

And continue to develop RE format for Reason.

Attachments
1504987_1051101598239229_4380692981538225408_n.png
1504987_1051101598239229_4380692981538225408_n.png (362.83 KiB) Viewed 4074 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

eXode

27 Feb 2015

If we would indeed get both Sylenth1 and Spire as RE it would mean a lot for the platform imho.

EnochLight

27 Feb 2015

eXode wrote:If we would indeed get both Sylenth1 and Spire as RE it would mean a lot for the platform imho.
Agreed, and unfortunately - a lot for my wallet, as there is a shit ton of commercial soundbanks for both out there that I would want to buy!   ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Rice

27 Feb 2015

Looking forward to this! Thanks for posting.

EnochLight

28 Feb 2015

Rice wrote:Looking forward to this! Thanks for posting.
Me too, man - very much so.  And no problemo!  

Makis

28 Feb 2015

Great news......Spire is a top quality and really flexible synth. I hope we get all the features.... :s0221:

Gorilla Texas

28 Feb 2015

I don't see anything about Spire being made for Reason.

O1B

28 Feb 2015

Thanks, EL.  Really Nice News.  Keep pushing for Permut8 RE, my Friend.  ...One Day.

And continue to develop RE format for Reason.
Mr44Hz wrote:I don't see anything about Spire being made for Reason.

EnochLight

28 Feb 2015

O1B wrote:Keep pushing for Permut8 RE, my Friend.  ...One Day.
The stuff dreams are made of, sir.  I'll never stop harassing the Lidström brothers about that until I have it in my rack.   ;)

joeyluck

28 Feb 2015

O1B wrote:Keep pushing for Permut8 RE, my Friend.  ...One Day.
EnochLight wrote:
The stuff dreams are made of, sir.  I'll never stop harassing the Lidström brothers about that until I have it in my rack.   ;)
It would be amazing!

EnochLight

28 Feb 2015

I would encourage you to follow the link I posted at the start of this thread (though I did quote it as well).

Gorilla Texas

28 Feb 2015

O1B wrote:Thanks, EL.  Really Nice News.  Keep pushing for Permut8 RE, my Friend.  ...One Day.
O1B wrote:And continue to develop RE format for Reason.
O1B wrote:
O1B wrote:
The OP mentioned rack extensions and Spire in the same sentence giving me the impression that Spire was being worked on for the Re format.

Gorilla Texas

28 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:
I would encourage you to follow the link I posted at the start of this thread (though I did quote it as well).
Maybe my understanding is getting bad because all I see is him mentioning continued Re development,it says nothing about porting over Spire period. In fact,he clearly mentions the current formats and Re isn't one of them.
Am I missing something?

EnochLight

28 Feb 2015

Mr44Hz wrote:Am I missing something?
Yes.

They only have one product: Spire.  They stated that they are continuing to develop RE format for Reason.  The entire post is about Spire, so... 

What else would they be developing in the RE format?  

Regardless, if you're still skeptical, rest assured that their tech support verified the same so, no worries.

Gorilla Texas

28 Feb 2015

Mr44Hz wrote:Am I missing something?
EnochLight wrote:
Yes.

They only have one product: Spire.  They stated that they are continuing to develop RE format for Reason.  The entire post is about Spire, so... 

What else would they be developing in the RE format?  

Regardless, if you're still skeptical, rest assured that their tech support verified the same so, no worries.
Thanks for a clear explanation as you can see I'm not familiar with that company my bad.

Theo.M

28 Feb 2015

I feel this is a long way away, in the works, long term plans.. i doubt we will see it before next year.. I have a feeling sylenth won't be too far off, which will be good enough for me! I hope lennard releases a way to convert banks, so i can get my hands on some of those amazing commercial ones.

Now that the new SDK will support SSE i think Spire might run ok as an RE, and also look forward to it. Right now I was going to sell it as after a year of having it,  never use it as i can't see the quality vs cpu ratio. It's nice and all, but I honestly like sylenth just as much.

EnochLight

28 Feb 2015

Theo.M wrote:Now that the new SDK will support SSE i think Spire might run ok as an RE, and also look forward to it. Right now I was going to sell it as after a year of having it,  never use it as i can't see the quality vs cpu ratio..
It's crazy that it's taken Reveal Sound this long just to add SSE optimization into their DSP for their flagship VST (hell, that doesn't even get added until May 2015).   :frown: So yeah, I agree the RE will likely be a ways off.  I hope it's not as far away as 2016 though - yikes!  If they get the VST/AAX with SSE optimization out by May 2015, they could realistically haul ass and get an RE done by the end of this year, IMHO.  

But yeah, I'll settle for Spire or Sylenth1 as an RE.  Whoever gets it out first gets my cash!   :D

joeyluck

01 Mar 2015

Theo.M wrote:I feel this is a long way away, in the works, long term plans.. i doubt we will see it before next year.. I have a feeling sylenth won't be too far off, which will be good enough for me! I hope lennard releases a way to convert banks, so i can get my hands on some of those amazing commercial ones.

Now that the new SDK will support SSE i think Spire might run ok as an RE, and also look forward to it. Right now I was going to sell it as after a year of having it,  never use it as i can't see the quality vs cpu ratio. It's nice and all, but I honestly like sylenth just as much.
I thought one of the things people raved about Spire was it's CPU usage?  Maybe I'm mistaking it for something else...?

electrofux

01 Mar 2015

Theo.M wrote:
Oh, where did i miss that? What info is out on the new SDK?

EnochLight

01 Mar 2015

Theo.M wrote:
electrofux wrote:
Oh, where did i miss that? What info is out on the new SDK?
No info is out there unless you're a dev under NDA... or a dev with flappy lips:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4#p6014124

Spryx

01 Mar 2015

I have to agree here, to me, it sounds as if development has not even begun on a RE version of Spire... I think this is at least a year away..if not longer. No doubt this is why they listed it in the "long term plans".

I'll bet we see Sylenth1 RE long before Spire RE.

latest:

Theo.M

01 Mar 2015

Theo.M wrote:I feel this is a long way away, in the works, long term plans.. i doubt we will see it before next year.. I have a feeling sylenth won't be too far off, which will be good enough for me! I hope lennard releases a way to convert banks, so i can get my hands on some of those amazing commercial ones.

joeyluck wrote:
I thought one of the things people raved about Spire was it's CPU usage?  Maybe I'm mistaking it for something else...?
no it's very very heavy. The one that is raved about for CPU is sylenth.

Enoch is right, taking this long to optimise spire is crazy.

To give you an example how heavy it is. a 4 note polyphonic synth sequence on spire takes an entire core. Four of those and can't do anything else, entire logic is used up. No other audio tracks, synths, nothing.

I also tried using it with reason ext midi and minihost and got 3 instances on top of a full reason project already maxing the cpu. This is because spire was able to use a different space to process outside of reason. But still, 3 instances and that was it.

It's definitely known as a "cpu pig". 

I don't really think what comes out of it is worth the cpu, i mean it sounds nice and polished, but to me sylenth in it's own way sounds just as good. In fact, some of mastrcode subtractor combis sound just as good and use about 1/200th of the cpu.

In the current SDK, and let's face it, the new one will be later this year, spire RE is impossible. Maybe two instances on a top shelf 4ghz machine and then will kill it. Sylenth will be fine. So a bit of patience will be needed here.

In the meantime i invite you guys not to forget about an excellent synth we already have - Antidote! It can do  great poly sounds and pads and everything edm and more really!

KHS One is great for bass and lead but too cpu heavy for pads and poly's.

Monopoly is light and sounds great too!

We don't need spire to make cool sounds. Sylenth would be nice for those who want access to 100,000 professional sounds, but even so does it make anything special sound wise we can't already do? Not sure.

EnochLight

01 Mar 2015

Theo.M wrote:In the current SDK, and let's face it, the new one will be later this year, spire RE is impossible.    Maybe two instances on a top shelf 4ghz machine and then will kill it.
Yeah but wait a minute, maybe in Spire's current form.  But the entire point of me posting this thread was to point out that in May 2015 - that's less than 3 months from now - the new Spire update will be SSE/vector optimized for the CPU.  Knowing what George at DiscoDSP said about the current RE SDK... well, you can make the leap if I can.   ;)
Theo.M wrote:In the meantime i invite you guys not to forget about an excellent synth we already have - Antidote! It can do  great poly sounds and pads and everything edm and more really!
Oh absolutely - I love Antidote.  The thing with Spire and Sylenth1 though is the immense (and I mean immense) commercial soundbank libraries available for them.   Sends my heart a flutter.
Theo.M wrote:KHS One is great for bass and lead but too cpu heavy for pads and poly's.

Monopoly is light and sounds great too!
I have both of these and love 'em too.
Theo.M wrote:We don't need spire to make cool sounds. Sylenth would be nice for those who want access to 100,000 professional sounds, but even so does it make anything special sound wise we can't already do? Not sure.
Oh most definitely.  But as eXode said - Spire (and Sylenth1) coming to Reason as RE's would mean a helluva lot for the platform.  And it's those commercial soundbanks, man.  There's sooooo many of them!  Hell, even the stock factory shit that comes with Spire is truly awe inspiring (to me, anyway).

frog974new

02 Mar 2015

a good news but i hope the Dev. don't forget what that means a RE and just don't make a copy/paste of their vst(i) format .
- cpu display
- stability
- cv input
- remote control
- automation

their synth is pretty good , try it on some of friends but never take it
- price , a 200$ vst(i) that use all your CPU Oo

EnochLight

02 Mar 2015

frog974new wrote: - price , a 200$ vst(i) that use all your CPU Oo
I bought Spire on a Black Friday sale for $132.  CPU isn't that bad for me, though.  But I'm on a desktop with a fairly recent CPU.   ;)

• Information