Reveal Sound Spire RE confirmed in the works!!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EnochLight

09 Jan 2017

PadShifta wrote:Behold:
" Reveal Sound Spire: Hi! Thank you for the invitation. We are activly working on Spire for Reason.
All functionality from VST version will be implemented in ReSpire, but a little differently - it depends on what current Reason version allows."

Cheers :mrgreen:
This was discussed a couple of weeks ago here, but I think it was posted over at the Facebook Rack Extenionists group first. I can't seem to find the post here, though.

Still, it's good to remind people. I think there was a lot of concern about functionality and being a 1:1 port. This should place a lot of worries to rest. :thumbs_up:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

dioxide

09 Jan 2017

chk071 wrote:"ReSpire", didn't know that it will be called like that. :) Sounds good.
Urgh. I'm not a fan of that kind of thing to be honest. If it is the full version then just call it Spire.

joeyluck

09 Jan 2017

dioxide wrote:
chk071 wrote:"ReSpire", didn't know that it will be called like that. :) Sounds good.
Urgh. I'm not a fan of that kind of thing to be honest. If it is the full version then just call it Spire.
The images and video so far show it branded as 'Spire' on the synth itself. If they are referring to it as 'ReSpire' maybe it's just a way they refer to it?

I'm just looking forward to eXode's ReFill called "eXspire"
And of course, anybody by the name of Per making a ReFill would be great as well.

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

09 Jan 2017

joeyluck wrote:
And of course, anybody by the name of Per making a ReFill would be great as well.
:lol:

Or my mate, Unin.

joeyluck

09 Jan 2017

JiggeryPokery wrote:
joeyluck wrote:
:lol:

Or my mate, Unin.
Haha! With the worst patches ever...

"Usually when I load up Reason, music making just happens so easily! Until however, I tried Unin's new Spire ReFill and I felt defeated and closed Reason immediately. I just don't feel like doing anything now."

chk071

09 Jan 2017

dioxide wrote:
Mh... Reason, Recycle, Rebirth... why not ReSpire? ;)
:reason: :rebirth:

esselfortium

09 Jan 2017

chk071 wrote:
dioxide wrote:
ReSubtractor? ReMalstrom? ReThor? ReeXpanse?

Reason, Recycle, Rebirth, ReMix, and Redrum are all actual words (or in Redrum's case, a reference). ReGroove is possibly an exception, but you could say the Re- applies there since it's for replacing one groove with another. ReSpire doesn't really mean anything, so the prefix is a bit pointless.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

joeyluck

09 Jan 2017

esselfortium wrote:
chk071 wrote:
dioxide wrote:

Reason, Recycle, Rebirth, ReMix, and Redrum are all actual words (or in Redrum's case, a reference). ReGroove is possibly an exception, but you could say the Re- applies there since it's for replacing one groove with another. ReSpire doesn't really mean anything, so the prefix is a bit pointless.
Doesn't respire mean to breathe?

esselfortium

09 Jan 2017

joeyluck wrote:
esselfortium wrote:
chk071 wrote:
dioxide wrote:

Doesn't respire mean to breathe?
Ah, you're right! I wasn't aware of that :puf_smile:

(Though whether that meaning has any significance to Spire is up for debate, I'd think)
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

chk071

09 Jan 2017

"Remix and Redrum" - how are those actual words? Remix, yes, but, remix doesn't refer to the actual use of the device. And Redrum doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, i don't mind at all whether it is called Spire or ReSpire now. I just think ReSpire is a cool reference to the actual plugin format. If the Reason crowd doesn't want that, fair enough. :) After all, it isn't released yet anyway, and many "codenames" in development were changed for the actual product.

ScuzzyEye

09 Jan 2017

chk071 wrote:"Remix and Redrum" - how are those actual words? Remix, yes, but, remix doesn't refer to the actual use of the device. And Redrum doesn't mean anything.
Redrum is murder spelled backward. Like, make a beat, and then murder it. ;)

Actually Reason was going through a horror phase for a bit, that's why there's also the Scream 4.

EnochLight

09 Jan 2017

ScuzzyEye wrote:
chk071 wrote:"Remix and Redrum" - how are those actual words? Remix, yes, but, remix doesn't refer to the actual use of the device. And Redrum doesn't mean anything.

Actually Reason was going through a horror phase for a bit, that's why there's also the Scream 4.
Warning: thread digression in process! :D

I think it was more of Props tendency to stay relevant to pop-culture stuff at the time. You're correct about Redrum/murder thing, but it was inspired by The Shining's infamous scene (for all the kids here, see below). The Matrix was obviously the Wachowskis Bros (well, at the time brothers), NN19 Paul Hardcastle, etc. When blank (Fred Hägglund) used to write a lot of the tutorial blog posts, he'd use a lot of pop culture stuff in reference. I miss those days!

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Skullture

10 Jan 2017

EnochLight wrote:
ScuzzyEye wrote:

Warning: thread digression in process! :D

I think it was more of Props tendency to stay relevant to pop-culture stuff at the time. You're correct about Redrum/murder thing, but it was inspired by The Shining's infamous scene (for all the kids here, see below). The Matrix was obviously the Wachowskis Bros (well, at the time brothers), NN19 Paul Hardcastle, etc. When blank (Fred Hägglund) used to write a lot of the tutorial blog posts, he'd use a lot of pop culture stuff in reference. I miss those days!

Trivia like this, I love that so much. I did know about the redrum thing but not about the other names :shock:

EdGrip

11 Jan 2017

There's a Props tutorial that says "...and, by the way, it IS 'Red-rum', not 'ree-drum'..."

dioxide

11 Jan 2017

EdGrip wrote:There's a Props tutorial that says "...and, by the way, it IS 'Red-rum', not 'ree-drum'..."
It'll always be Ree-drum to me. And it's Moooog not Mogue.

EdGrip

11 Jan 2017

I'm with you on the Moog thing.

selig
RE Developer

11 Jan 2017

EdGrip wrote:I'm with you on the Moog thing.
I'm with Bob on the Moog thing - his name, his pronunciation! ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

raymondh

11 Jan 2017

selig wrote:

chk071

11 Jan 2017

He's wrong though. "Moog" is not a very common name in Germany. ;) At least i haven't heard it where i'm living... like... ever. And i even live in a county next to the dutch border.

EdGrip

11 Jan 2017

selig wrote:
Nah. Should've spelt his name properly, then, shouldn't he?

I mean, you don't catch me telling people Ed is pronounced "crisps". That would just indicate I was really poor at spelling "crisps".

(Fun fact: I spelt my middle name wrong until I was 18 and my mum saw me filling in a form.)

jayhosking

11 Jan 2017

raymondh wrote:
selig wrote:

Thank you SO MUCH for finally settling this in my head.

selig
RE Developer

12 Jan 2017

EdGrip wrote:
selig wrote:
Nah. Should've spelt his name properly, then, shouldn't he?

I mean, you don't catch me telling people Ed is pronounced "crisps". That would just indicate I was really poor at spelling "crisps".

(Fun fact: I spelt my middle name wrong until I was 18 and my mum saw me filling in a form.)
My name is Giles, but is pronounced Jiles. Would you tell me the same thing? It's mid-pronounced all the time, and I appreciate it when folks pronounce it correctly. Just doing unto others…

Selig Audio, LLC

ScuzzyEye

12 Jan 2017

selig wrote:My name is Giles, but is pronounced Jiles.
Ah, I didn't know that. So it's pronounced like GIF. ;)

dioxide

12 Jan 2017

Sorry for the OT guys, Spire is much more interesting topic ;)

EnochLight

12 Jan 2017

dioxide wrote:Sorry for the OT guys, Spire is much more interesting topic ;)
heheh! Well, for a quick review, here's the progress Reveal Sound has made in 7-8 weeks time....

November 9, 2016:
14574068_1266813800035500_6323317944302436352_n.jpg
14574068_1266813800035500_6323317944302436352_n.jpg (352.14 KiB) Viewed 3027 times
December 30, 2016:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (302.18 KiB) Viewed 3027 times

• Information