Reveal Sound Spire RE confirmed in the works!!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
svenh

08 Apr 2017

tibah wrote:One another note, Spire is a fantastic synth and very rewarding to program and tweak. So, everyone that has no experience with the plug-in version -you really have something to look forward to, SDK hiccups or not. ;)
Spire is my all time favorite synth. There are other great feature packed synths out there, but the sound quality of the oscillators, filters and fx in Spire, combined with a GUI that's beautiful and very functional makes it hard to beat.

El-Maniaque

24 May 2017

Hello.

I.m using Reason 9.2 wait for 9.5 upgrade.
My question - what's better option - buy Spire rack extension for $59 or after upgrade to Reason 9.5 VST version Spire?
Best regards :)

Oquasec

24 May 2017

They have the same controls, with one missing cv ports at the back and one having cv ports at the back.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

EnochLight

24 May 2017

El-Maniaque wrote:Hello.

My question - what's better option - buy Spire rack extension for $59 or after upgrade to Reason 9.5 VST version Spire?
Spire Rack Extension (or ReSpire, or Spire RE) is only $59 USD, so clearly it's the more affordable option. The patches that come with it are the exact same patches that come with the VST, and they sound identical, but... Spire RE is also in a "preview" state. There's a few bugs (read the thread), and not all parameters can be automated. There are also no CV on the back aside from gate and sequencer, so it's definitely not a "finished product".

Spire VST is fully functional, comes with dark theme GUI/UX, can be resized full screen, and has access to not only the 800 some-odd patches that come with it, but the thousands of after-market sound libraries that are sold for it. But... it's also more than 3x the cost of the RE (at the RE's current promotional price which will expire soon).. That said, you can use it in any DAW, too... so there's that! :D :lol:

My advice is: if you want seamless Reason-rack integration but are willing to put up with some bugs and a "promise" for the dev to fix them, then the RE is what you want.

If you want everything to work now, plus a little more, but are willing to pay +3x the cost.. the VST is a better choice.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

El-Maniaque

24 May 2017

Thx guys for Ansfer. This is big help for me.
Best regards again :)

Oquasec

24 May 2017

So basically getting it for 59 bucks is basically saying yooooo get the plugin now but don't use it till all the major bugs is sorted out but hey when it comes time to use it it's not buggy anymore and it won't cost you 140$ later.

So I guess that keeps it in the queue with oberon then :] [I'll see what spire's about on the 15th.]
Producer/Programmer.

El-Maniaque

24 May 2017

Oquasec - I agree :)
Big thx :)

EnochLight

24 May 2017

Oquasec wrote:So basically getting it for 59 bucks is basically saying yooooo get the plugin now but don't use it till all the major bugs is sorted out but hey when it comes time to use it it's not buggy anymore and it won't cost you 140$ later.
That's if - and a big if - Reveal Sound not only fix the bugs, but deliver on the features and optimization promises as well - in a reasonable amount of time.
Oquasec wrote: So I guess that keeps it in the queue with oberon then :] [I'll see what spire's about on the 15th.]
El-Maniaque wrote:Oquasec - I agree :)
Big thx :)
Sorry - huh? No offense to Zvork, but Oberon isn't even in the same category as Spire.. :lol: :shock:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Catblack

24 May 2017

EnochLight wrote: Sorry - huh? No offense to Zvork, but Oberon isn't even in the same category as Spire.. :lol: :shock:
If you mean that Spire is in the category of horribly bug ridden rack extensions and Oberon isn't, than I agree with you completely.

In fact I'd venture that ReSpire is absolutely number one in the category of horribly bug ridden rack extensions.
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Oquasec

24 May 2017

The most unstable plugins are in the vst realm. [Might wait till june 23rd, that's the last day of that sale right?]
When it comes to aax and re you rarely see something like this happening lmfao.

With that being said, it's ignorant to assume vst format itself was bug ridden and destructive, as there are thousands of developers independent of one another who are in charge of that, not steinberg themselves eh?hahahahahahaha
Last edited by Oquasec on 24 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.

Karim
Competition Winner

24 May 2017

Catblack wrote:
EnochLight wrote: Sorry - huh? No offense to Zvork, but Oberon isn't even in the same category as Spire.. [emoji38] :shock:
If you mean that Spire is in the category of horribly bug ridden rack extensions and Oberon isn't, than I agree with you completely.

In fact I'd venture that ReSpire is absolutely number one in the category of horribly bug ridden rack extensions.
Maybe is horribly buggie but I just today composed 3 song with Spire for one of my customer ( I'm ghost producer).
Stop to complain and make some music.

Inviato dal mio SM-G925F utilizzando Tapatalk
Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

El-Maniaque

24 May 2017

I just Bought ReSpire. Deal is very hot. I hope Reveal-Sound fix bugs and do ReSpire better. I hope, libraries for Spire in VST version in future will be in RE version too.
Big thx for help again guys. It's make my decision easier :)

EnochLight

24 May 2017

Catblack wrote:
EnochLight wrote: Sorry - huh? No offense to Zvork, but Oberon isn't even in the same category as Spire.. :lol: :shock:
If you mean that Spire is in the category of horribly bug ridden rack extensions and Oberon isn't, [then] I agree with you completely.

No, I mean that Spire isn't in the same category of synth/instrument, seeing as how Spire is a virtual analog/digital hybrid, and Oberon - being additive - is not. Nor does Oberon compare to Spire when it comes to its sound shaping capabilities, library of sounds, or industry-praise. I mean, don't get me wrong - Oberon is a cool little RE (like I said, no offense to Zvork), but thinking that Oberon is even in the same league as Spire is being... disingenuous.

But yeah, the fact that Spire RE has bugs is clearly an issue. That's why I suggest those who want the full monty to pick up the VST instead. ;)

EnochLight

24 May 2017

El-Maniaque wrote:I just Bought ReSpire. Deal is very hot. I hope Reveal-Sound fix bugs and do ReSpire better. I hope, libraries for Spire in VST version in future will be in RE version too.
Big thx for help again guys. It's make my decision easier :)
Congrats! Though, it looks like Noel G just posted that the intro-price has been extended to the 23rd of June:

viewtopic.php?p=332512#p332512

Oquasec

24 May 2017

ah. so last minute purchase then good lookin out fellas
Last edited by Oquasec on 25 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

25 May 2017

EnochLight wrote:
El-Maniaque wrote:Hello.

Spire Rack Extension (or ReSpire, or Spire RE) is only $59 USD, so clearly it's the more affordable option. The patches that come with it are the exact same patches that come with the VST, and they sound identical, but... Spire RE is also in a "preview" state. There's a few bugs (read the thread), and not all parameters can be automated. There are also no CV on the back aside from gate and sequencer, so it's definitely not a "finished product".

Spire VST is fully functional, comes with dark theme GUI/UX, can be resized full screen, and has access to not only the 800 some-odd patches that come with it, but the thousands of after-market sound libraries that are sold for it. But... it's also more than 3x the cost of the RE (at the RE's current promotional price which will expire soon).. That said, you can use it in any DAW, too... so there's that! :D :lol:

My advice is: if you want seamless Reason-rack integration but are willing to put up with some bugs and a "promise" for the dev to fix them, then the RE is what you want.

If you want everything to work now, plus a little more, but are willing to pay +3x the cost.. the VST is a better choice.
Actually, Reveal Sound will extend the initial pricing for ReSpire till 23 of June. That's an additional week after the ReSpire Song Challenge deadline to give us time to announce the winners. Good luck to everyone.
ImageImageImage

joeyluck

25 May 2017

Hey everybody! Let's try to use the other thread that is most relevant to recent activity. Thanks!

• Information