Reveal Sound Spire RE confirmed in the works!!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
shropshirelad

08 Sep 2016

v 1.1.9 now released.

Fretless Fingers

08 Sep 2016

EnochLight wrote:
chk071 wrote:I always was under the impression that some VST hosts feature undo on VST parameters anyway, so i don't quite get the argument.
The argument is, there's no consistency. In Reason, undo works as expected. In other DAW, it may be handled by the plugin, or it may be handled by the DAW - and depending on which window is in focus..
That's putting it lightly. I used to use pitch correction in logic (thank god for Reason 9) and about 10 min in, realized I made a mistake with the vibrato and note I selected. When I did the command+Z it removed ALL of the edits I had made 7-9 measures back.
This gets worse with VST's and is the primary reason I hate working in other DAWs. It slows me down so much, and it's pretty damn frustrating.
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

Despondo
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2016

Noise
Competition Winner

08 Nov 2016

o m g
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

sonicbyte

08 Nov 2016

awesome

submonsterz

08 Nov 2016

Very late to the party but better than never.
Ive talked a lot with quite a few soundspire vst etc fans that use reason for some things here and there.
They all feel the same its a bit late to the party they all owne it as plugin. The hope are as mine it has everything the vst has or its a no go straight off and the hope it sounds identical in the reason enviroment as the vst does and also they hope it is not priced the same as the pluggin versions . Simply for the fact no using it elsewhere other than reason. and hope existing plugg in owners get a big cross grade offer to even make it worth while buying into it twice . So hoping reveal are hearing/seeung this as it will count on people wanting to even give it a go . Its come to a point with reason pluggs that me and a lot of others are not buying because of all of the above. And after the initial flurry of sales im shure all re devs are feeling this i put here .

Shokstar

08 Nov 2016

I think it's the lite version of the synth.

EnochLight

08 Nov 2016

Well, it'll likely be a scaled down version (I see the name "ReSpire" in the browser), but if it's even close to a 1:1 port like Papen's Predator was, I'll be ecstatic! Can't believe this is finally - OFFICIALLY - in the works...

sOURCE:

*EDIT - just saw that someone started a new thead.. my bad!
ReSpire.jpg
ReSpire.jpg (330.54 KiB) Viewed 5179 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

submonsterz

08 Nov 2016

EnochLight wrote:Well, it'll likely be a scaled down version (I see the name "ReSpire" in the browser), but if it's even close to a 1:1 port like Papen's Predator was, I'll be ecstatic! Can't believe this is finally - OFFICIALLY - in the works...

sOURCE:

*EDIT - just saw that someone started a new thead.. my bad!

ReSpire.jpg
If its not the full spire then its worthless to me and a lot of others ive spoken to :(.

submonsterz

08 Nov 2016

Shokstar wrote:I think it's the lite version of the synth.
If so then errmmm :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down: :thumbs_down:

stp2015

08 Nov 2016

Why would you think so?

Shokstar

08 Nov 2016

I think the sdk isn't far enough to deliver all the features

joeyluck

08 Nov 2016

Looks to me like it is mostly all there!

Unless they are omitting the effects section or it is located at the bottom rather than the right side of the plugin...
The pattern of screws along the rack ears tells me there is likely more at the bottom.

This is also pre-alpha.

eXode

08 Nov 2016

joeyluck wrote:Looks to me like it is mostly all there!

Unless they are omitting the effects section or it is located at the bottom rather than the right side of the plugin...
The pattern of screws along the rack ears tells me there is likely more at the bottom.

This is also pre-alpha.
Currently lacking (and the space at the bottom isn't enough) is EQ / FX/ ARP / STEPPERS / MOD MATRIX. Just the mod matrix in itself is 3 slots x 5 pages (!).
Last edited by eXode on 12 Nov 2016, edited 2 times in total.

tiker01

08 Nov 2016

eXode wrote:

This is also pre-alpha.
Currently lacking (and the space at the bottom isn't enough) is EQ / FX/ ARP / STEPPERS / MOD MATRIX. Just the mod matrix in itself is 3 slots x 5 pages (!). Either it's a light version of Spire OR there's a new SDK in the works (why no one have made that assumption yet is beyond me). :)
You are too still too optimistic after so many years. :puf_smile: If it is between a new SDK and light version than this must be a light version. Perhaps the FX will be a separate device?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

eXode

08 Nov 2016

tiker01 wrote:
eXode wrote:

This is also pre-alpha.
Currently lacking (and the space at the bottom isn't enough) is EQ / FX/ ARP / STEPPERS / MOD MATRIX. Just the mod matrix in itself is 3 slots x 5 pages (!).
You are too still too optimistic after so many years. :puf_smile: If it is between a new SDK and light version than this must be a light version. Perhaps the FX will be a separate device?
Perhaps.
Last edited by eXode on 12 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

joeyluck

08 Nov 2016

Well the ARP button is at the top ;)
Along with a Menu button...

We don't know what is at the bottom and it is still pre-alpha. So it could also be that certain buttons simply are not yet integrated.
We also don't know if they are making these things work within the current SDK, a new SDK, and if it's more about arranging things within the new size of a Rack Extension...

eXode

08 Nov 2016

joeyluck wrote:Well the ARP button is at the top ;)

We don't know what is at the bottom and it is still pre-alpha. So it could also be that certain buttons simply are not yet integrated.
We also don't know if they are making these things work within the current SDK, a new SDK, and if it's more about arranging things within the new size of a Rack Extension...
:)
Last edited by eXode on 12 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

riemac

08 Nov 2016

tiker01 wrote:
eXode wrote:

This is also pre-alpha.
Currently lacking (and the space at the bottom isn't enough) is EQ / FX/ ARP / STEPPERS / MOD MATRIX. Just the mod matrix in itself is 3 slots x 5 pages (!). Either it's a light version of Spire OR there's a new SDK in the works (why no one have made that assumption yet is beyond me). :)
I could not live without x-comp and the spire Reverb. Seperate devices would be a good Solution, if not possible in the synth for what ever reason.

EnochLight

08 Nov 2016

submonsterz wrote:If its not the full spire then its worthless to me and a lot of others ive spoken to :(.
When Papen did Predator RE, we scored a 4000+ library of patches, and it was one of the best synths in Reason for a time. It wasn't a 1:1 port, missing some features. If Reveal Sound can pull off something similar, and include the massive library that comes stock with Spire, I'd be hard pressed to say it's worthless. YMMV, though!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight

08 Nov 2016

Ugh... without the EQ / FX/ ARP / STEPPERS / MOD MATRIX, then "ReSpire" does become a lot less exciting. :( Hopefully there is a new RE SDK being teased, though I would be surprised that Reveal Sound got dibs when there are so many other established RE devs that are just as worthy, if not more worthy.

riemac

08 Nov 2016

eXode wrote:

eXode wrote:Either it's a light version of Spire OR there's a new SDK in the works (why no one have made that assumption yet is beyond me). :)
Come on Exode, I think you know more about SDK development as a rack extension Developer. I hope a new SDK is true.

fieldframe
RE Developer

08 Nov 2016

This is exciting, but oh man that UI is all wrong...

It looks like they're working at almost 2x the proper scale for Reason devices. Check out how massive Spire's knobs look versus the combinator above it!

Ironically, they could have easily fit the stages section in on the right like the VST if they had scaled everything to the right size. I hope they consider changing it.

joeyluck

08 Nov 2016

eXode wrote:

eXode wrote:Either it's a light version of Spire OR there's a new SDK in the works (why no one have made that assumption yet is beyond me). :)
Well I'm making the point that the ARP button is there, but at the top ;)
And that it could also just be a re-organizing thing / certain buttons missing merely because it's pre-alpha...

miscend

08 Nov 2016

EnochLight wrote:Ugh... without the EQ / FX/ ARP / STEPPERS / MOD MATRIX, then "ReSpire" does become a lot less exciting. :( Hopefully there is a new RE SDK being teased, though I would be surprised that Reveal Sound got dibs when there are so many other established RE devs that are just as worthy, if not more worthy.
What if they put some stuff on the back. Like The Legend which has fx on the rear.

• Information