Sylenth1 Rack Extension

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
pjeudy

08 Mar 2015

Remember folks until Sylenth comes to REASON we have ANTIDOTE!
Last year Around the time I first got ANTIDOTE...a friend who also makes music but with Ableton came over with his lap top, He had Sylenth and some very cool presets..I thought Where nice. I wanted them, so I decided to try and copy the pacth that I liked using ANTIDOTE after say 25-30 Minutes I realized that yes..If we had ANTIDOTE out in the wild like Sylenth with many more Sound designer and users ..then ANTIDOTE would most likely have a Reputation in the Dance Market like Sylenth.

For the most part I was able to recreate those sounds with ANTIDOTE.Sure Sylenth has more routing abilities then ANTIDOTE.But we have a heavy weight with Synapse's Synth.

oh...and on a side I remember now,if there was a Patch in Sylenth that I could not reproduce with ANTIDOTE.....Then the God THOR is the next best synth ,with all that you need to recreate 80%  (if not more) Of the sound in sylenth. Because it hast the filters/number of Osc  needed (minus one) and the routing. It certainly doesn't have the Sonic of ANTIDOTE or Sylenth..but you will get closer to any patch you ever heard in sylenth with THOR.

ANTIDOTE has a weak Arp section...THOR has that killer step sequencer,sylenth has a much better Arp section then ANTIDOTE.
ANTIDOTE matrix section is also a little weak as compared to Synlenth.
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

eXode

08 Mar 2015

pjeudy wrote:Remember folks until Sylenth comes to REASON we have ANTIDOTE!
Last year Around the time I first got ANTIDOTE...a friend who also makes music but with Ableton came over with his lap top, He had Sylenth and some very cool presets..I thought Where nice. I wanted them, so I decided to try and copy the pacth that I liked using ANTIDOTE after say 25-30 Minutes I realized that yes..If we had ANTIDOTE out in the wild like Sylenth with many more Sound designer and users ..then ANTIDOTE would most likely have a Reputation in the Dance Market like Sylenth.

For the most part I was able to recreate those sounds with ANTIDOTE.Sure Sylenth has more routing abilities then ANTIDOTE.But we have a heavy weight with Synapse's Synth.

oh...and on a side I remember now,if there was a Patch in Sylenth that I could not reproduce with ANTIDOTE.....Then the God THOR is the next best synth ,with all that you need to recreate 80%  (if not more) Of the sound in sylenth. Because it hast the filters/number of Osc  needed (minus one) and the routing. It certainly doesn't have the Sonic of ANTIDOTE or Sylenth..but you will get closer to any patch you ever heard in sylenth with THOR.

ANTIDOTE has a weak Arp section...THOR has that killer step sequencer,sylenth has a much better Arp section then ANTIDOTE.
ANTIDOTE matrix section is also a little weak as compared to Synlenth.
If you can't recreate a certain Sylenth1 preset with Antidote, chances are that you'll be able to recreate it with two Antidote's in a Combinator. :)

Also, Antidote has wavetables with index control as well as a pulse waveform with adjustable pulse width and other cool waveform options on it's oscillators. Sylenth1 has no waveform modification at all (not even conventional PWM) on it's oscillators.

Just highlighting the fact that Antidote has features that Sylenth1 doesnt. However, all said and done I think they have a quite different character in both filters and FX. :)

pjeudy

08 Mar 2015

eXode wrote:If you can't recreate a certain Sylenth1 preset with Antidote, chances are that you'll be able to recreate it with two Antidote's in a Combinator. :)
That is correct !
...and that exactly what I did for a few of the sylenth patch to ANTIDOTE .
But  later I realized that just one instance of THOR can get you really close to those Sylenth Patch faster, and was a little more Convenient for me at The time to manage and copy Those Patches (there where lots of them that I wanted to convert :-)

what I wanted to get across to the guy I was responding to is that ..ANTIDOTE can get those sounds That SYLENT has..it's just a matter of the number of sounds designers willing to put the effort and energy to make Patch for Sylenth vs Antidote...that's why you get some really,really good sounds for it ! There are more people designing for it then with Antidote!

Thanks eXode for the more detail regarding Those wave form Modifier or lack there of in Sylenth! Also ANTIDOTE has 17 wave forms Plus really ! Sylenth has 8 !
As for the actual filters/stages you can add another big score for Synapse!  ;)
And it's knowing how well ANTIDOTE stands up that it will be interesting to me to see what Lennard Digital removes/leaves or even if they manage to keep everything ..then the next thing everyone will  look at is it's worth in $$. If they manage to keep it $189 or will they go the 200 Mark with Antidote in the market place..

P.S: So Far I'm at $52.94 saved up for Sylenth RE  :thumbup:

P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST

Neo

29 Aug 2015

Thought id share a quick update:

https://www.facebook.com/Sylenth

Greetings - Any news on a Rack Extension mate?

Hi Neo,
Its on the to-do list but our first priority is in a ProTools version.

I hope we can begin programming later this year.

Kind regards,
Ruben
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

ivar

29 Aug 2015

hi
the strenght of sylenth that is has endless amounts of patches. like the predator vst version. this makes the programm special. antidote is a hidden version of dune. i read (i dont know where ;-) ) that antidote contains a lot of the dune code.

eXode

29 Aug 2015

ivar wrote:hi
the strenght of sylenth that is has endless amounts of patches. like the predator vst version. this makes the programm special. antidote is a hidden version of dune. i read (i dont know where ;-) ) that antidote contains a lot of the dune code.
The technology used in Antitode served as a test platform for DUNE2, as far as I know.

freeQlow

29 Aug 2015

I would like to use my Sylenth patches in a rack if this ever happens.

Do you think that is possible?

Tincture

29 Aug 2015

Rob Papen made patch converters available for Predator AFAIRemember ... so could be a possibilty, depending on the architechure I guess.

chimp_spanner

30 Aug 2015

Still gutted that I missed out on Antidote when it was 60-something-bucks. Next time it's on sale, it's mine. Dune 2 is one of my favourite synths of all time, but Antidote is pretty close in terms of sound and functionality.

EnochLight

30 Aug 2015

freeQlow wrote:I would like to use my Sylenth patches in a rack if this ever happens.

Do you think that is possible?
One would hope Lennar Digital takes this route, but they haven't even begun coding it yet. I agree that taking the web-based patch converter route like Rob Papen did would be a good solution. Assuming the two versions have parity (read: the eventual RE has the exact same settings, options, and features as the VST/AAX), patch conversion should be easy. A patch file just contains a list of settings in the meta data, after all.

As has already been pointed out, slapping some Antidote in a Combi can already get us close to what Sylenth1 (and Reveal Sound's Spire) can sound like, so these ports coming with their massive libraries of sounds is the defining feature that would make them worth the RE, in my opinion.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

TheFilterMob

31 Aug 2015

yes we needed this as an RE!
I'm a Propellerhead for life!

raccoonboy

26 Dec 2015

What I think Antidote is lacking which Slyenth has is phase modulation (as far as I recall yon can change the phase on sylenth whilst the oscilator is running) and a pulse-width smaller than 25% I like my PWM to go to 0%.

Also a reverse saw would be nice

XysteR

27 Dec 2015

eXode wrote:
ivar wrote:hi
The technology used in Antitode served as a test platform for DUNE2, as far as I know.
I much prefer Dune2 over Sylength.

Sylength, meh. I can think of several other VST synths i'd rather see in Re form.

EnochLight

28 Dec 2015

XysteR wrote:Sylength, meh. I can think of several other VST synths i'd rather see in Re form.
Is Reveal Sound Spire one of them?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

XysteR

28 Dec 2015

EnochLight wrote:
XysteR wrote:Sylength, meh. I can think of several other VST synths i'd rather see in Re form.
Is Reveal Sound Spire one of them?
Well, I'm not too bothered, but I wouldn't turn my nose up to Spire, when and if it turns up I'd definitely try it - yes I'd much rather see Spire over Sylength. I think I'd rather see Hive over both, but that'll probably never happen. I think we're all spoiled to be brutally honest. It only takes a combinator to go way beyond anything in the VST world.

satyr32

28 Dec 2015

I never understood the hype about Sylenth. What am I missing?
I only see an ugly synth. Although it seems possible to add skins to it. There are some that look awesome. This I would allow in my rack :)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

pjeudy

28 Dec 2015

XysteR wrote:It only takes a combinator to go way beyond anything in the VST world.
That is a percieved exaggeration of what you can do with a combinator. A Reason combinator doesn't stand a chance against power house VST synth like SERUM, Massive, Spire. How would you go by rebuilding the signal path of these VSTi's ? How can you build there MOD Matrix within a combinator?

You would have to create a bunch of mixers, CVs, 4 or more envelopes, a bunch of LFO's...etc.. which would result in dozens upon dozens of knobs and sliders button to push, and a combinator that would be at minimum longer then your screen size vertically.
It would be close to impossible and not to mention how will it sound ?

Yea you can recreate a patch here and there sure! But I don't see what a combinator can do that would go way beyond a Standard VSTi. I could be wrong as I'm sure that you can always create something unique to a combinator..... but not that far from what VSTi has been doing for a decade.

XysteR

28 Dec 2015

It doesn't need to be that complicated to go past Sylength quality. For starters its filters ain't up to much, and its let down by its limited effects section in my opinion. A good reason synth with good choice effects in a combinator alone would do it for me. To me most synths seem let down by their effects section. Hence why I kind of wish they added a sound sculpting feature instead of effects, so we could choose our own. Unless of course the effects are stellar! I know eXode and other sound designers would be against this, and probably rightly so, it's nicer for them to make patches that way, and as it negates the use of combinators. For me the only synth in reason with outstanding effects is Antidote - This plays a big role in why it sounds so good. I dunno. Maybe I'm spoiled by the awesome effects section of a Virus Ti2. This is how good effects should be in all synths if they're gonna include them. If they can't get up to this kind of standard/quality, why bother? Yes it can go infinite with possibilities in a combinator. But I don't think it has to be to sound great. Some of the pads you can create with Antidote and Thor alone in a combinator are just mind-bendingly good. I've not even tried throwing a Parsec or Zero in with an Antidote yet, but I imagine they'd sound 'the dogs bollocks' too

pjeudy

28 Dec 2015

XysteR wrote:It doesn't need to be that complicated to go past Sylength quality. For starters its filters ain't up to much, and its let down by its limited effects section in my opinion. A good reason synth with good choice effects in a combinator alone would do it for me. To me most synths seem let down by their effects section. Hence why I kind of wish they added a sound sculpting feature instead of effects, so we could choose our own. Unless of course the effects are stellar! I know eXode and other sound designers would be against this, and probably rightly so, it's nicer for them to make patches that way, and as it negates the use of combinators. For me the only synth in reason with outstanding effects is Antidote - This plays a big role in why it sounds so good. I dunno. Maybe I'm spoiled by the awesome effects section of a Virus Ti2. This is how good effects should be in all synths if they're gonna include them. If they can't get up to this kind of standard/quality, why bother? Yes it can go infinite with possibilities in a combinator. But I don't think it has to be to sound great. Some of the pads you can create with Antidote and Thor alone in a combinator are just mind-bendingly good. I've not even tried throwing a Parsec or Zero in with an Antidote yet, but I imagine they'd sound 'the dogs bollocks' too
Right...for making patches REASON combinator is the best! That's why I like using REASON ...I used to make combinator patches like Real hardware Modular devices with dozens of devices :puf_smile: trying to get that Modular Analog look and feel.

Once I attempted to recreate ANTIDOTEs Signal path using RE's and native devices...had lots of fun doing that , I ended up creating a beast of a Combi patch...I'll try and look for it.......

39 devices... WOW this was in 2013 :-) But it sounded nothing Like ANTIDOTE but was great exercise!
Antidote attemp 39 devices.png
Antidote attemp 39 devices.png (851.73 KiB) Viewed 4030 times

This is what I tried to replicate using a combi and 39 devices
Antidote Back.png
Antidote Back.png (135.97 KiB) Viewed 4028 times
Last edited by pjeudy on 29 Dec 2015, edited 1 time in total.

XysteR

28 Dec 2015

Haha pjeudy. Well you had fun, that's what counts - Even if it didn't end up sounding like Antidote! The same reason I love Reason, it's fun! :D

mreese80

29 Dec 2015

i have so many soundbanks and skins for sylenth1
Reason 10.4 :refill: :re: :ignition: | :recycle: 2.2.4 | Ableton Live Suite 10.1| MPC Software 1.9.6 | Photoshop CC 2019 | Novation Impulse 49 | Nektar Impact LX 49

• Information