Sylenth1 Rack Extension

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EnochLight

27 Feb 2015

So Lennar Digital just teased 64-bit support and AAX format on their Facebook page.  Everyone head over to the thread and start asking for Rack Extension support to see if we can illicit a response from them!

https://www.facebook.com/Sylenth/photos ... =1&theater

I know it's just coincidence, but some knobs look eerily Reason-SDK like...   :P

Attachments
10685545_872020716177295_7314000087601200634_n.jpg
10685545_872020716177295_7314000087601200634_n.jpg (99.4 KiB) Viewed 3568 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

27 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:Those are pretty common knobs. Moog style. With lines the way Antidote knobs should be! :D
HA! Good one.   ;)

Except "Moog Style" knobs have the dots…  ;(

MoogerFooger:

Mini Moog replacement knobs:

Maybe you're thinking of some Korg (and others) knobs, like from the Micro Korg?
Image  Image 

Selig Audio, LLC

EnochLight

27 Feb 2015

Oh I know, that's why I said it was coincidental. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

27 Feb 2015

EnochLight wrote:Oh I know, that's why I said it was coincidental. ;)
You are 100% correct - those knobs are pretty much exactly like some that are available for building REs. I was responding more to the idea the the Moog knobs had lines, which they don't (to my knowledge). :)
Selig Audio, LLC

eXode

27 Feb 2015

They already said that RE is on the todo list afaik... :) http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=413528

(I've adjusted the colour curves to get rid of that blue filter)
Attachments
Sylenth1.jpg
Sylenth1.jpg (399.74 KiB) Viewed 3482 times

EnochLight

27 Feb 2015

eXode wrote:They already said that RE is on the todo list afaik... :) http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=413528
Ah yes, that's right.  I had forgotten about that post.  Thanks!

Hopefully their "To Do" list still includes RE.
EnochLight wrote:Oh I know, that's why I said it was coincidental.  ;)
selig wrote:
You are 100% correct - those knobs are pretty much exactly like some that are available for building REs. I was responding more to the idea the the Moog knobs had lines, which they don't (to my knowledge).  :)
Oops - sorry - I meant that reply for joeyluck . 

Rice

27 Feb 2015

Another one I'm hoping for :)

X1Lo

27 Feb 2015

Lennar Digital posted about Sylenth1 piracy directly before posting the teaser...  If piracy is reducing their sales, would it be possible that a rack extension could be more profitable? 
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

joeyluck

28 Feb 2015

joeyluck wrote:Those are pretty common knobs. Moog style. With lines the way Antidote knobs should be! :D
selig wrote:
HA! Good one.   ;)

Except "Moog Style" knobs have the dots…  ;(

MoogerFooger:
selig wrote: 

Mini Moog replacement knobs:
selig wrote: 

Maybe you're thinking of some Korg (and others) knobs, like from the Micro Korg?
selig wrote: 
selig wrote: 
Yup! That's what I meant :) Moog style with the addition of lines. Probably could have worded better...

The sylenth has white dot similar to Moog with black line. Like the mockup I made for Synapse...

EnochLight

28 Feb 2015

X1Lo wrote:Lennar Digital posted about Sylenth1 piracy directly before posting the teaser...  If piracy is reducing their sales, would it be possible that a rack extension could be more profitable? 
Well, it's for certain that to date - Rack Extensions (and Reason) cannot be pirated at all.  If you want to have an RE, you have to buy a license (or demo one for 30 days).  Devs are absolutely guaranteed to get paid.  Whether or not it turns out profitable is a whole other story, though.

I think it's safe to assume that both Reveal Sound (Spire) and Lennar Digital (Sylenth1) will do quite well porting their stuff to RE, though.  They have industry-staple products that almost every producer worth their weight in salt owns in VST-land.  There's a hungry Reason user base waiting for this sort of thing.

pjeudy

01 Mar 2015

X1Lo wrote:Lennar Digital posted about Sylenth1 piracy directly before posting the teaser...  If piracy is reducing their sales, would it be possible that a rack extension could be more profitable? 
This is there Opinion On Piracy : 

It has come to our attention that lately more and more websites seem to repeat the 'news' articles about famous producers getting caught using pirated software. They show videos where Avicii, Steve Aoki and Martin Garrix are using illegal copies of Sylenth1. We'd like to share our view on them.
First of all, we like to point out that every single one of these producers actually DID purchase a legal license for Sylenth1 years ago, some of them even before they got famous. It is of course very unfortunate (you could call it stupid even) that they used pirated copies in their videos, possibly because they forgot to install their legal licenses, or were simply too lazy to do so. However, none of them earned big money with pirated software as these websites claim.

Piracy obviously is a major problem for our company, by missing revenue to invest in further development and otherwise because cracked versions usually are buggy and unstable and give wrong impressions of the software.
Also, these videos have been dwelling around the internet for ages already. Spreading this ‘news’ over and over again just sets a bad example and makes it seem like we don't care about artists using illegal copies of our software. Believe it or not: We DO care and we DO take legal actions against piracy.
Source FACEBOOK :https://www.facebook.com/LennarDigital

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Makis

01 Mar 2015

I believe Sylenth is already 64bit

Theo.M

01 Mar 2015

Makis wrote:I believe Sylenth is already 64bit
not on mac. People have been wanting it since 2008. 7 years. The mac version is very buggy, the beta version on mac is unusable on newer OSes and the older one that is stable won't load newer banks ;)

BTW, re the piracy, lennard had a topic about it at KVR and everyone but a couple went apeshit about the possibility of going to ilok, so much so that they jumped in to do damage control to appease everyone.

So i wrote a post saying it was a shame they wouldn't use ilok as that would guarantee non piracy, and i got ripped apart by this guy for saying "that's a shame".. apparently I was accusing lennard of being shameful  :s0959:

Anyway i have been trying to explain to them they can use ilok protection without the use of any dongle at all, best of both worlds, no one can complain about a dongle and still the product can be protected, but I don't know what system they are going to use.

Lennard has said the reason they slowed down on development was due to piracy and loss of sales and that it has affected them very badly.. we shall see what they decide.

RE in that sense will be fullproof. I reckon sylenth on Reason would be a huge deal and be OTT popular and sell really well. 

TheFilterMob

03 Mar 2015

Sylenth!!!!!!   Wow we need this as an RE!!!
I'm a Propellerhead for life!

riemac

05 Mar 2015

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think we wilol see a Sylenth1 Rack Extension.

Sylenth1's developer has posted the following comment on the Computer Music magazine Facebook page: "The update is a completely rewritten Sylenth1 in 32 and 64-bit for Windows and Mac hosts in VST/AU and AAX (ProTools). The GUI will be resizeable and skinnable. Next to this we've tightened up the sound processing a bit and made some minor changes in its usability."

normen

05 Mar 2015

riemac wrote:I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think we wilol see a Sylenth1 Rack Extension.

Sylenth1's developer has posted the following comment on the Computer Music magazine Facebook page: "The update is a completely rewritten Sylenth1 in 32 and 64-bit for Windows and Mac hosts in VST/AU and AAX (ProTools). The GUI will be resizeable and skinnable. Next to this we've tightened up the sound processing a bit and made some minor changes in its usability."
How does that statement make you think that there will be no RE version?

I also don't think we'll see it soon though because they put it at the very bottom of their "TODO" list and even as an extra point. So I wouldn't hold my breath yet.

joeyluck

05 Mar 2015

riemac wrote:I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think we wilol see a Sylenth1 Rack Extension.

normen wrote:
How does that statement make you think that there will be no RE version?

I also don't think we'll see it soon though because they put it at the very bottom of their "TODO" list and even as an extra point. So I wouldn't hold my breath yet.
Where's their to do list? Or are you thinking of Reveal Sound?

normen

05 Mar 2015

joeyluck wrote:Where's their to do list? Or are you thinking of Reveal Sound?
Oh, duh, yeah, that was the one.

eXode

05 Mar 2015

Like I already replied earlier in this thread, Lennard Digital confirmed that a RE version is also on their to-do list

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=413528

eXode

05 Mar 2015

Relevant posts re-posted below for your convenience:
Ruben(LD) wrote:We expect to work on .aax after the 64-bit is done :)
eXode wrote: Maybe you can do a
eXode wrote:Rack Extension
eXode wrote: for the Reason platform after .aax is done? :)
Ruben(LD) wrote:Also on the to-do list  ;)

muffins4all

07 Mar 2015

eXode wrote:Like I already replied earlier in this thread, Lennard Digital confirmed that a RE version is also on their to-do list

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=413528
I would strongly advise against looking for it in the rack extension shop this year.

EnochLight

07 Mar 2015

muffins4all wrote:I would strongly advise against looking for it in the rack extension shop this year.
Judging from Lennar Digital's ridiculous snail's pace dev time, I don't think anyone planned to.

muffins4all

07 Mar 2015

muffins4all wrote:I would strongly advise against looking for it in the rack extension shop this year.
EnochLight wrote:
Judging from Lennar Digital's ridiculous snail's pace dev time, I don't think anyone planned to.
It sounds like Theo.M might be.........
Theo.M wrote:I have a feeling sylenth won't be too far off, which will be good enough for me! I hope lennard releases a way to convert banks, so i can get my hands on some of those amazing commercial ones.

EnochLight

07 Mar 2015

muffins4all wrote:It sounds like Theo.M might be.........
The statement "too far off" in Lennar Digital-speak means anytime between today and the next several years.  

• Information