GClip Waveshaping Clipper in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Chango

03 Mar 2015

I'm liking this RE a lot! its just what I needed for end of mastering chain.when I limit in Ozone it will still go over to the red mark but using Gclip after Ozon it keeps it in the range I want.
Hip Hop, experimental, Oldominion. Always looking for new avenues in music making.

MDTerps2015

04 Mar 2015

So do we think that we will get an update with a new look because i am hating the look of this thing. I think someone said it looked like a cb radio. Well the cb radio in my work truck makes it look like a 1960's transistor radio. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

selig
RE Developer

04 Mar 2015

Chango wrote:I'm liking this RE a lot! its just what I needed for end of mastering chain.when I limit in Ozone it will still go over to the red mark but using Gclip after Ozon it keeps it in the range I want.
I've' never seen Ozone do that or I'd have ditched it long ago. In fact, it's exactly the opposite of what it's supposed to do!

99 time out of 100 I'd still rather limit my mix than clip it, fwiw…
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

gyeadon

06 Mar 2015

Knobs on the folded view sounds perfectly sensible. I'll look into that along with improving the waveform view.

It would be nice to play with granular effects in an RE. I think this GVXT project might grow fairly slowly, especially to begin with, but that's definitely on the wish list.

And thanks for the suggestion to charge more for a pro version. Very generous :) ! I'm confident GClip will stay where it is pricewise, though, so any updates will be free.

As for the general attractiveness, or lack thereof - I reckon that if the UI doesn't do it for you now, then it's probably never going to excite you. Sorry. Naturally I'll aim to make it more attractive, every rack needs to look as good as it sounds, but it's always going to be a largely subjective quality. On the plus side, I think you're all going to love the authenticity of my CB Radio RE if I ever make one :) .

Thanks again for all the feedback and pointers.

Theo.M

06 Mar 2015

Chango wrote:I'm liking this RE a lot! its just what I needed for end of mastering chain.when I limit in Ozone it will still go over to the red mark but using Gclip after Ozon it keeps it in the range I want.
selig wrote:
I've' never seen Ozone do that or I'd have ditched it long ago. In fact, it's exactly the opposite of what it's supposed to do!

99 time out of 100 I'd still rather limit my mix than clip it, fwiw…
:)
I am so with you on this. I believe Chango has done some sort of user error here. As long as ozone is set at 0 or lower (the ceiling knob) there is no way anything will pass, no way. There must be a wrong setting there or the master volume of the mixer over zero if ozone clips.

Grinder One

06 Mar 2015

gyeadon wrote:I think you're all going to love the authenticity of my CB Radio RE if I ever make one :) .

The CB radio comment was mine and, it wasn't meant to be a slur...infact the look of the RE makes me feel quite nostalgic of days long gone by.
It's the signal meter I'm referring to of course, the display on the RE looks so much like it :)

Mart.

ProfessaKaos

06 Mar 2015

gyeadon wrote:Knobs on the folded view sounds perfectly sensible. I'll look into that along with improving the waveform view.

It would be nice to play with granular effects in an RE. I think this GVXT project might grow fairly slowly, especially to begin with, but that's definitely on the wish list.

And thanks for the suggestion to charge more for a pro version. Very generous :) ! I'm confident GClip will stay where it is pricewise, though, so any updates will be free.

As for the general attractiveness, or lack thereof - I reckon that if the UI doesn't do it for you now, then it's probably never going to excite you. Sorry. Naturally I'll aim to make it more attractive, every rack needs to look as good as it sounds, but it's always going to be a largely subjective quality. On the plus side, I think you're all going to love the authenticity of my CB Radio RE if I ever make one :) .

My concern is, will adding/improving the waveform view make the device less CPU efficient?
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Gulale

07 Mar 2015

I tried this baby and I loved it. As a mixer this is the thing what Reason was missing. Inside the shop back in the days, I've been looking for a tool like this. To eliminate unwanted transient from stopping me making loud mix. Now you can achieve that with this tool by adding on individual tracks. The funny thing is I don't give a crap about display since I'm working by ear rather than watching. Not for argument purpose but It is non sense to pay extra cash  for visual satisfaction while the VST stands for free. What I'm I nuts????? 
Gulale aka Bereket

joeyluck

07 Mar 2015

gyeadon wrote:Knobs on the folded view sounds perfectly sensible. I'll look into that along with improving the waveform view.

Thanks, Graham!  I like the look as it is now.  The knobs and colors are great!  Small knobs on the folded view would be cool.

Theo.M

07 Mar 2015

Graham there's nothing wrong with the gui itself or color scheme, i think what we are talking about is the waveform view missing.

Personally would love to see your entire line converted anyway TBH! Cheers and good luck with the RE format.

Bonkhead

11 Mar 2015

Now testing this device, like it already within 5 minutes :s0230: so will buy.
Display is fine for me, more advanced is welcome but not necesary perse.
Biggest suggestion I have is make it 1 unit size, instead of 2 unit high, so with less empty real estate on the module. Will tighten the look too imho.

Edit: I just saw you webpage, suggestion for RE ports based on what's already in the shop:
http://www.gvst.co.uk/downloads.htm
- GGrain (YEAH !)
- GMulti (please !!! but with not tabs, just full rack width, with all bands at once)
- GTune
- GSnap

If you are going for cheap devices I would port them all, to compete on price,

Theo.M

12 Mar 2015

been through your vst line, if i may list the ones I would love to see as RE:

GComp (as long as it's zero latency so can easily be used in parallel, or a wet/dry put on it)
GGain if you would consider doing a version with a L/R separate knobs. That would actually fill the void with Selig Gain that i desperately want
GGrain with Tempo Sync
GRev Delay with Tempo Sync
GSnap

I wonder if any RE's have denormal problems, never really looked into that deeply but it's possible! So gnoise could be very handy to have also.

gyeadon

12 Mar 2015

Well that could all keep me busy for a while. I'll certainly carry on with this project, so who knows, maybe I'll port the lot. Like I mentioned before, it could be slow to to begin with, but it should gain momentum as I go.

FGL

20 Mar 2015

Nice little Device. Very good.

Yonatan

23 Apr 2015

New update 1.1 to CClip, a wave form display. 

MDTerps2015

23 Apr 2015

That wave form looks so much Better and I understand how it works even more. Helluvan Update. 

150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

joeyluck

24 Apr 2015

The addition of knobs to the collapsed view is great!

I must say though, I think I preferred the meter display before.
The new waveform display is such a low resolution...
And it is so slow moving.

Maybe it would be better if it had a speed setting?
or maybe allow the display to be switchable between meter and waveform?

But I found the meter before so much more responsive and easier for me to work with...

EnochLight

24 Apr 2015

I absolutely love the new waveform display (though it would have been nice to have stereo displays like the VST) - kudos to the dev for taking the feedback left and responding with this free update!  It's much easier to see what's happening to the waveform when making adjustments.  Just.. WOW.  Thanks Graham!!!!

You just made another sale.  Bought.  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Bonkhead

25 Apr 2015

Yesterday me and a co producer bought Gclip :)
I like the new waveform view. Although the older meter was also helpfull for viewing.
Why not use both ? There is more than enough room and the code has already been written !
That would be really great !

joeyluck

25 Apr 2015

Bonkhead wrote: Yesterday me and a co producer bought Gclip :)
I like the new waveform view. Although the older meter was also helpfull for viewing.
Why not use both ? There is more than enough room and the code has already been written !
That would be really great !
I just emailed Graham and received a response that he was initially considering having both! At least—to have them switchable.

So, we may see the option to choose between the waveform and meter displays in the future :)  

Shokstar

25 Apr 2015

I prefer the old one :) the new one is nice but not so useful like the old one :D

Bonkhead

25 Apr 2015

Nah, both at the same time ! switchable on/off each :s0230: please ?

EnochLight

26 Apr 2015

Both (optionally) at the same time would be cool.  That said, I think having two (stereo) waveform displays would be even better.  The original VST is really the benchmark as far as what I want, really.  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

ProfessaKaos

26 Apr 2015

I am one who also liked the old meter more but I like this one too, so to have the option to switch between the 2 would be much appreciated.
A feature suggestion - I would love to have an output gain knob for more control of the output level or just have the Clip knobs movement values in dB instead of percentages. This feature would be much appreciated also.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

Tincture

28 Apr 2015

Just upgraded and have to say I miss the old meter too. A toggle between the old and new would be ideal :)

• Information