GClip Waveshaping Clipper in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
loopback

15 Jun 2015

Just wanted to chime in and say: I love this thing. Nine Bucks well spend.

:thumbup:

soundcloud.com/minex

FGL

15 Jun 2015

This also one of my favorites now. Very cool subtle sound changing capabilitys.

nikolafeve

16 Jun 2015

Yes it's a very usefull tool i will buy it! It's sounds great
But why the rack is soo big? Imo There's too much useless space on the bottom of the gui (even above actually)
It could be cool to have cv inputs at rear
And.... Please, the most important: add a output gain, it's absolutely indispensable for this kind of device
Thanks
Reason 10 - UA Apollo Twin -  OSX 10.13.6 - MacBook Pro 15inch 2018 - 2.2Ghz Intel Core i7 - RAM 16GB 2400 Mhz DDR4 - Radeon Pro 555X 4096 MB

dvdrtldg

16 Jun 2015

Interesting device - what would be its main applications (as opposed to, say a simple compressor)?

ProfessaKaos

16 Jun 2015

dvdrtldg wrote:Interesting device - what would be its main applications (as opposed to, say a simple compressor)?
Getting the sound of Digital Clipping onto a sound or to tame excessive peaks.
The sound of this device with the soft clip knob at 0% is pretty much the same (should be the same) as the sound of clipping the master bus but with more control since one can leave headroom and not actually clip the master bus which will have the same playback result across all mediums unlike clipping the master bus.

The MClass Maximizer and the GClip when the soft clip knobs are both set to 0% pretty much sound identical to my ears. I ran them side by side with digital clipping occuring on both units with one phase inverted nearly completely canceling each other out. The only reason why I couldn't get them to completely cancel out is it was hard to match the exact amount of clipping occurring on each device via their metering.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

FGL

16 Jun 2015

One thing I should mention. This Device is also like a Limiter, put it in in the Master Bus for the hardest limiting that is possible in Reason. And the big plus is this works without any latency. Very good for making hard drum loops and exporting to Rex.

GRIFTY

06 Mar 2016

bump for this little guy for being awesome.... so it's basically a "hard clipper" am i right??

it makes drums into dirty, nasty little face punchers

joeyluck

06 Mar 2016

I use it all the time on the ABL3. Folks are always looking for the best distortions for the 303... Just clip the shit out of it! :D
Or just a little bit. Or clip it and soften it. This does the job every time.

Loque

07 Mar 2016

For 9 bugs good distortion and nice limiter with adjustable hardness. But crashes under specific circumstances.
Reason12, Win10

Shokstar

07 Mar 2016

Loque wrote:For 9 bugs good distortion and nice limiter with adjustable hardness. But crashes under specific circumstances.
Which situation crashed this plugin?

Loque

07 Mar 2016

Maximum oversampling, very high amplitues, hard limiting. The sound sorce was on overdriven resonant LP filter. I have a combinator with 100% reproduction.
Reason12, Win10

miscend

08 Feb 2017

Theo.M wrote:hmm disappointed, the vst shows where the clipping occurs, they have removed that yet charged for it. 
An update is long over due now!

And we still haven't heard from the developer, I thought he was gonna bring some of his other useful plugins over.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2024

Just looking through my REs. This one is another one gone from the Shop.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

crimsonwarlock

09 Mar 2024

MrFigg wrote:
09 Mar 2024
Hmmm, this one left silently then. Happy I picked it up while it was free.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

DJMaytag

11 Mar 2024

joeyluck wrote:
06 Mar 2016
I use it all the time on the ABL3. Folks are always looking for the best distortions for the 303... Just clip the shit out of it! :D
Or just a little bit. Or clip it and soften it. This does the job every time.
Really digging what this does for my ABL3 too.

DJMaytag

11 Mar 2024

MrFigg wrote:
09 Mar 2024
Might be worth checking this out then, if you missed GClip:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... g-clipper/

dusan.cani

13 Mar 2024

In the past I saw this only as useful device for excessive peaks prevention but using it as a distortion device works very well too. I like distortion it produces in heavily clipped synth source.

Only thing I miss is a post gain / master out control for volume compensation. But I really like that it has all controls available in minimized / folded device state:

amalgam-gclip.PNG
amalgam-gclip.PNG (535.35 KiB) Viewed 345 times

It' shame that nearly never the folded area of the devices is used for most important controls placement which would be very useful.

For example Khs Gain or Little LFO. Controls for ADSR in folded state would be very handy:

little-lfo-controls.png
little-lfo-controls.png (268.28 KiB) Viewed 345 times

• Information