just curious where peff, loveOne. chronologists and korg are gone

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
ahs

22 Feb 2015

nothing heared from there side anymore !? (and much more developer)

and forgot SONONICS.

eusti

22 Feb 2015

Yeah, I remember the guy from Sononics (love both REs) wanted to provide tons more sounds for revival.

D.

True

22 Feb 2015

With the exception of MonoPoly, Korg has been completely silent since REs were launched (Poly6 was one of the first ones available). There have been discussions in the past about such developers apparently losing interest in the RE concept.

O1B

22 Feb 2015

True wrote:With the exception of MonoPoly, Korg has been completely silent since REs were launched (Poly6 was one of the first ones available). There have been discussions in the past about such developers apparently losing interest in the RE concept.
yeah... that, or Electribe 2, Electribe 2 Sampler, ARP Odessey.. etc. makes 'em busy.

Jagwah

22 Feb 2015

Been curious about Peff's disappearance for a long time, maybe Noel G could fill us in?

As for the others, even if they did lose interest perhaps a new RE SDK could sway their minds... possibly something like an extremely easy and fast port capability as was promised in the beginning.

Here's to hoping so :s0826:

frog974new

23 Feb 2015

i don't know for the others but as i know with all the feeds from Peff , he still enjoyed Reason and working on some cool stuff ;)
may be a bit busy to try some new hardware he get this year ^^

LoveOne no news since their last Re , the Phonetic phone simulator , but may be they working on a new stuff

electrochoc (PRX-A)

23 Feb 2015

I would not label LoveOne as inactive... Au contraire! Phonetic, their last RE, was released this fall (in August I think), which is not that far away. And LoveOne asked on the PUF, just before the PUF closed, for volunteers to test their upcoming REs (I remember they said we should expect more strange and original REs from them!).

I've thought a few times ago of making a list of inactive developers on the PUF, but was not sure that would have been really useful (a developer might only been on hiatus or might take its time working on something big, as well as having completely disappeared). Here was my list, considering a developer "inactive" if it hasn't released or updated any device in the last 12 months (note that Peff and Korg are not part of that list, because of updates). I've excluded from the list developers that participated in a sale of any kind in that 12 months span (proving some activity).

Note that I didn't tried to contact any of those developers to know about their future plans: that list only represents shop activity.

- Audio Damage: has likely abandonned the RE format; now focussing on hardware.

- Black & Orange: developer died, so is now forever inactive.

- Cakewalk: big developer, whose future plans towards REs are unknown.

- Expert Sleepers: only released one REs to go along their hardware; future plans unknown.

- Groovy Melon: could come back with more REs in the future; has only one freebie in the shop.

- iZotope: one RE at format launch, nothing since then; future plans unknown.

- Little IO: has only one RE in the shop; plans for more REs unknown.

- Omino: a delay device is announced on their website since more than a year and a half...

- Sonic Charge: they work slowly and provide high quality; we'll hear of them when they'll be ready!

- Sugar Bytes: could have abandonned the RE format; current REs were rumored to be "tests".

- The Chronologists: totally disapperead after release of their last bundle; likely inactive.

- u-he: has had problems with RE format; could be back if things worked out with Propellerhead.

- Vibeplant: one old RE in the shop and webiste down: very likely to be an inactive developer.
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

True

23 Feb 2015

O1B wrote:yeah... that, or Electribe 2, Electribe 2 Sampler, ARP Odessey.. etc. makes 'em busy.
They may well be busy. I don't see how that negates anything I said.

eXode

23 Feb 2015

LoveOne - As far as I know they were looking for beta testers for an upcoming instrument RE right before the PUF closed.

KORG
- As far as I can tell, there aren't really anything in their existing product line (with possible exception for some FX) that they can port at this stage (even if they wanted to).

True

23 Feb 2015

electrochoc wrote:- Sugar Bytes: could have abandonned the RE format; current REs were rumored to be "tests".
My impression is that SugarBytes is not paying much attention to REs anymore. I could be wrong about that, but I contacted them after Props created bundles to see if they were going to release one. I got no personal reply, but soon after a bundle appeared in the shop. It seemed to me that they hadn't even noticed the option had become available.

Sinistereo

23 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:Yeah, I remember the guy from Sononics (love both REs) wanted to provide tons more sounds for revival.

D.
Man, I wish Revival would get more love! This is one of my most favorite (and least used) synths.

Faastwalker

24 Feb 2015

Gutted The Chronologists seem to have disappeared. Love their devices. Very quirky & I guess niche, so not for everybody. I was beta testing for them from the first device on so had a lot of contact. But I've not heard from them since Randrome was released. Emailed both the guys I was in contact with. Never heard anything back. I might try again but it doesn't look good unfortunately.

Exowildebeest

24 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:Yeah, I remember the guy from Sononics (love both REs) wanted to provide tons more sounds for revival.

D.
Sinistereo wrote:
Man, I wish Revival would get more love! This is one of my most favorite (and least used) synths.
I agree. It's an amazing synth.

However, I feel that even for someone fairly experienced with synths, it's a batch to program.

The underlying principles of the synth engine are awesome, I wish for a Revival 2.0 with a completely reworked GUI. The current retro look is nice visually, but I think it would really benefit programming workflow if it had a "modern" interface with clear tabbed graphical envelopes and modifiers etc.

LABONERECORDINGS
RE Developer

16 Mar 2015

We're still here, we're working hard in the background so don't worry. Will only post when we're ready to, rather release devices when our alpha and beta teams are all happy we've got a device that works rock solid.

Some developers (including us) sometimes like to keep things close to the chest, to ensure that a product that is ready can be rest assured it's been thoroughly tested and all features work how they should reliably. Maybe this is the case of the others?

pedrocaetanos

25 Mar 2015

eXode wrote:KORG - As far as I can tell, there aren't really anything in their existing product line (with possible exception for some FX) that they can port at this stage (even if they wanted to).
I thought M-1 and Wavestation were perfectly portable, after last RE SDK update.

Even MS-20 could be done (I think :) ) if the connection sockets are placed in the back.
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

muffins4all

25 Mar 2015

eXode wrote:KORG - As far as I can tell, there aren't really anything in their existing product line (with possible exception for some FX) that they can port at this stage (even if they wanted to).
pedrocaetanos wrote:
I thought M-1 and Wavestation were perfectly portable, after last RE SDK update.

Even MS-20 could be done (I think :) ) if the connection sockets are placed in the back.
I (naively, I guess) expected the entire Legacy Collection from Korg.

It seems like most devs have rack extensions on the "pay no mind" list, or, at the very most, on the back-burner.

"Yeah, we plan on looking into rack extensions..............after we tackle the 10-12 things that we know will make us money."

It's tough to argue with that, but it's frustrating, nonetheless.

eXode

25 Mar 2015

pedrocaetanos wrote:

You thought wrong (sadly). :)

At least from looking at their currenyt layout. Haven't thought too much about what could be done with some substantial restructuring of the GUI.

BillyKodak

25 Mar 2015

What about GForce? Amazing quality, and after the Re-Tron I had high hopes. But nothing from them ... :-(

eXode

25 Mar 2015

BillyKodak wrote:What about GForce? Amazing quality, and after the Re-Tron I had high hopes. But nothing from them ... :-(
Last official word from Dave, if I recall correctly, was that they were holding off untill the SDK had matured. Afaik they didn't want to cut on certain features for what they had planned.

Faastwalker

25 Mar 2015

....... no reply again from The Chronologists. Looks they are over as RE developers, which is a real shame :frown:

BPGeez

26 Mar 2015

Big ups to the homie from Black & Orange! He created a great product and is def continuing to make an impact on people! Definitely powerful!
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

ckingram2006

26 Mar 2015

It really boils down to companies (especially larger companies) are not really buying in because they understand the extreme limitation that the RE format currently has. Major developers are not going to be comfortable with leaving another company in charge of the way that they handle their customers because it can lead to a reputation being damaged because of a misunderstanding. Also as great as the marketplace is it places another huge limitation on sales. You can not place products in major retailers and are limited in marketing strategies. If you think about it there is zero benefit to a developer that is already successful making plugs in vst format. They control the message they want to get out to users, they control the marketing and promotions of their products, they have a larger customer pool, they have access to the major gear stores to sell there products, and in most cases they are able to keep more than 70% of their sale. I wish that I was wrong but I just don't see many major players jumping on board and with the invention of IDT there will be more novice developers making instruments and turning the RE format into a joke. 

pedrocaetanos

26 Mar 2015

pedrocaetanos wrote:

eXode wrote: You thought wrong (sadly). :) At least from looking at their currenyt layout. Haven't thought too much about what could be done with some substantial restructuring of the GUI.
Well, at least we still have the plan of having MS-20 with sockets on the back! ;)

Actually, I think that's the way it would really work well inside reason paradigm, but myabe Korg doesn't like the idea of "transforming" their synth that much...
Based on a true story. No Musical Instruments Were Harmed in the Making of This Forum Post. | :arrow: SoundCloud set | :reason: :record: :recycle: :reload: :refillpacker: :refill: :re: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

CharlyCharlzz

26 Mar 2015

groovy melon pretty much never made any updates about futur plans , they really did a great job I was expecting them to more RE's .

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Bonkhead

26 Mar 2015

BPGeez wrote:Big ups to the homie from Black & Orange! He created a great product and is def continuing to make an impact on people! Definitely powerful!

I think he died in a wingsuit accident unfortunately, r.i.p.

• Information