Would you like to have REV from OUTPUT as RackExtensions?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tiker01

20 Feb 2015

Hi,

I have been seeing REV from OUTPUT around many places and it seems to be a decent pack of reversed sounds. I was wondering if it was good to have them as REs as I think IDT should make them possible.

However, I`m interested in the opinion of anybody who has it how good it is.

Moreover, as they are "just" reversed sound are they necessary at all? What do you think?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Jagwah

20 Feb 2015

They obviously poured a huge amount of money into their advertising campaign. For a while there it really was everywhere. The ad kind of makes you think you really need it like it is some long lost secret or something. I feel indifferent about it.

selig
RE Developer

20 Feb 2015

Hey, this will go great with my new library of pitched down samples, followed by my library of slowed down samples, then pitched up samples, then sped up samples. Maybe next I'll release a library of samples with delay added! ;)

Seriously, maybe this is useful but I find adding more than one reversed element is plenty for the occasional effect - and I have all the tools for this at my disposal. Disclaimer: I've not done anything more than watch the promo video, so maybe there's more going on here than simply building a library then hitting "reverse" on all the samples! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

mcatalao
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2015

I don't have a particular need for this kind of stuff. Seriously, you can reverse pretty anything you need in reason, either in the sequencer or the sample reverse function.

QVprod

20 Feb 2015

selig wrote:Hey, this will go great with my new library of pitched down samples, followed by my library of slowed down samples, then pitched up samples, then sped up samples. Maybe next I'll release a library of samples with delay added! ;)

Seriously, maybe this is useful but I find adding more than one reversed element is plenty for the occasional effect - and I have all the tools for this at my disposal. Disclaimer: I've not done anything more than watch the promo video, so maybe there's more going on here than simply building a library then hitting "reverse" on all the samples! ;)
mcatalao wrote:I don't have a particular need for this kind of stuff. Seriously, you can reverse pretty anything you need in reason, either in the sequencer or the sample reverse function.

Funny, what went through my head while watching the promo video wasn't "wow I want this" but rather "this sounds cool, I should start reversing my current samples"

• Information