Sitbull bass amp

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Last Alternative

19 Feb 2015

Honestly.. how many more months? I can't take it anymore! :nono:
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

Tincture

19 Feb 2015

Really!

You have their previous products? You believe their previous marketing hype?

Shitting bull.

Last Alternative

19 Feb 2015

All I know is they started talking about it maybe even as early as September! It was not far from the era of R8 release. I just can't believe how much hype there was- beta testing, demos, then a video, then they went dark since before Christmas. I don't get it.
Nope don't have any of their other stuff. Who makes it again? I'd like to reach out to them.
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

eusti

19 Feb 2015

Last Alternative wrote:All I know is they started talking about it maybe even as early as September! It was not far from the era of R8 release. I just can't believe how much hype there was- beta testing, demos, then a video, then they went dark since before Christmas. I don't get it.
Nope don't have any of their other stuff. Who makes it again? I'd like to reach out to them.

http://www.devoloop.com/

D.

MDTerps2015

19 Feb 2015

I watched a video on the bass amp by them and frankly wasnt impressed at all. 
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

Last Alternative

20 Feb 2015

UPDATE: I talked to develoop on facecrook yesterday and he said there were some issues but it should be out in a few days!

EnochLight

20 Feb 2015

MDTerps2015 wrote:I watched a video on the bass amp by them and frankly wasnt impressed at all. 
I thought the promo video they did for Dynarange last year was funny.  It was unique, professionally shot, and offered a nice glimpse of Dynarange at the end... though I wish it would have been featured more.

I feel the promo video they did for Sitbull was... eh.. I have no idea.  A waste of my time?

Reminded me of those wacky Palm Pre creepy-girl promos that seemed to have absolutely nothing to do with the product they were attempting to promote.
Last Alternative wrote:UPDATE: I talked to develoop on facecrook yesterday and he said there were some issues but it should be out in a few days!
Cool, thanks.  Despite my disdain for their promo, I'll give it a test run.  Always on the lookout for new bass amp sims!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Concep

20 Feb 2015

Judging by the video they put out, and if Dynarage is any indicator, I will not like this Bass Amp.  

jonheal

20 Feb 2015

I don't know if there are any Native American Reason users, but I would have thought they would of found the Sitting Bull promo downright offensive. Like Al Jolson in "black face."

And he offended me by flicking his butt in the video. I keep telling myself the next time the guy in the car in front of me flicks a butt out his window at a stoplight, I'm gonna get out of my car, pick up the butt and flick it back in his lap. It's amazing how many smokers think the entire world is their personal ash tray. Pigs!! Filthy swine!!
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

EnochLight

20 Feb 2015

jonheal wrote:I don't know if there are any Native American Reason users, but I would have thought they would of found the Sitting Bull promo downright offensive. Like Al Jolson in "black face."
Yeah, this was pointed out in the old forums.  I doubt Devoloop is sensitive to the issue, though. 
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

PSoames

22 Feb 2015

S'funny! Where you guys see nonsense and offence, I see a bunch of people enjoying what they're doing and having fun whilst doing it.

But yeah! Let's keep ragging on them until they are grey in hue and adopt generic, sanitized and government approved marketing practices so we can then bemoan their unadventurous contribution to life. ;)

As for the OP; thanks for the update.

eusti

22 Feb 2015

PSoames wrote:S'funny! Where you guys see nonsense and offence, I see a bunch of people enjoying what they're doing and having fun whilst doing it. But yeah! Let's keep ragging on them until they are grey in hue and adopt generic, sanitized and government approved marketing practices so we can then bemoan their unadventurous contribution to life. ;) As for the OP; thanks for the update.
Simple rule in advertising: The bait has to be appealing to the fish and not the fisherman.

D.

PSoames

22 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:
Simple rule in advertising: The bait has to be appealing to the fish and not the fisherman.

D.
Simpler rule in advertising: Sometimes the bait doesn't have to be edible.

frog974new

22 Feb 2015

don't gorget their the main goal of a PV -> buzz
we can or can't like it , Delevoop with this kind of video do the job .
Talking about a new Bass Amp Re in the same time Big Dev. out their own Re :)

eusti

22 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:

D.
PSoames wrote:
Simpler rule in advertising: Sometimes the bait doesn't have to be edible.
True. But risky.

D.

Fretless Fingers

23 Feb 2015

PSoames wrote:S'funny! Where you guys see nonsense and offence, I see a bunch of people enjoying what they're doing and having fun whilst doing it.

But yeah! Let's keep ragging on them until they are grey in hue and adopt generic, sanitized and government approved marketing practices so we can then bemoan their unadventurous contribution to life. ;)

As for the OP; thanks for the update.

I find it interesting that one person who represents a culture and people mutilated beyond recognition finds some offense in the use of the product name and you immediately lash out in sarcasm belting out the slow decay in creativity in marketing. Granted this company would have little understanding of the social taboos of the U.S.A. as (I believe) they're a Dutch company. What's more interesting is that you think his point is unwarranted and you would rather he keep it to himself. Being culturally sensitive and aware is not a weakness but a strength, and any arrogance towards the idea of education and discussion comes off as intolerance not free thinking
:reason: v10 :record: :recycle: :refill: :re: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :ignition:
reason-expert.com Author, video maker, producer

Last Alternative

01 Mar 2015

Hmm.. ok so it's been way past a few days like Develoop said it would take and now their website isn't working. Not sure what to make of that.

gak

02 Mar 2015

I'm not seeing anything that has me anticipating this. When the new bass arrives next week (I think next week) got my eye on the kuassa, but not this one.

Last Alternative

03 Mar 2015

6 months since they announced this thing! I just tracked develoop down on FB. Waiting to hear back. Sorry if some of you aren't interested. For me though, I at least want to try it and have been waiting a  L   O      N          G    time!

EnochLight

03 Mar 2015

I just got a FB friend request from Devoloop, so someone there must be reading our comments.  

Last Alternative

18 Mar 2015

Welp, I'm losing faith and starting to think Sitbull isn't coming out. Develoop has gone dark since I asked what's the status again about a week ago.. man! That's too bad. :/

Concep

18 Mar 2015

Have you tried Cerberus?  Everyone seems to love it.  I can't help but think you are in for a serious let down when you actually try Sitbull.

Last Alternative

18 Mar 2015

I have all the Reason amps.

Last Alternative

06 Apr 2015

:s0959:

...that's about all I can say... I emailed them AGAIN. Seems like a DOA RE. And after all the hype and videos for 8 months. Almost a month ago they said it was being accepted. What a cryin shame.

eusti

06 Apr 2015

I was just thinking about this one... Especially having their video in mind... Maybe it really was all bull crap! ;)

D.

• Information