System 9 Pattern Sequencer in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
tiker01

22 Feb 2015

electrofux wrote: Sigh, another non remotable sequencer. I really hope OchenK releases his one even if there is no note to track. I am even considering doing it myself if no one does it. I mean, look at the Push sequencer which works on an 8x8 matrix but can create Patterns of many bars length and even do parameter locks or quickly double a pattern (so usefull). For mouse clicking this looks like a well thought out thing and it definitly adds to the rack compared to the other options. But in the days of cheap launchpads and Lemur et al it is sadly lacking remotability options. Is it really a problem adding a remote item to each step?
tiker01 wrote:
Maybe it is not to late to ask the DEV to make them remotable.
electrofux wrote:
I assume, in order to provide 16 patterns the remote side of things may not be possible. Probably every step in the 16 patterns would have its own remote item. At least thats what i come across alot when i talk with devs.
Then PH should update the remote concept somehow to make these devices more useful. I am not sure e.g. if OSC would help?

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

bouwie

26 Feb 2015

Just trying this for a few days. Its a device i can use in my live setup.
But why does the pattern chances directly when i choose an other. Why can't it be just like an roland drum machine. When its running a pattern and i choose the next pattern it first run the whole pattern that is playing and at the end of it it goes to the next.
Just like the quantizise function on the drrex player to swith from rexloop.
now i have to make a patch with a few traffic controle and a few more cvRE to do so. While i just want to keep my setup as little as possible.

bouwie

26 Feb 2015

electrofux wrote: Sigh, another non remotable sequencer. I really hope OchenK releases his one even if there is no note to track. I am even considering doing it myself if no one does it.
I mean, look at the Push sequencer which works on an 8x8 matrix but can create Patterns of many bars length and even do parameter locks or quickly double a pattern (so usefull).
For mouse clicking this looks like a well thought out thing and it definitly adds to the rack compared to the other options.
But in the days of cheap launchpads and Lemur et al it is sadly lacking remotability options. Is it really a problem adding a remote item to each step?

I hope this one of OchenK has a sync function of selecting a next pattern.

gullum

26 Feb 2015

I think this remote mapping problem is SDK related. I've made quite a few remote map/scope lists and I don't thing any RE lets you remote map anything on a display. so for a sequencer like this to be remote mappable the developer needs to use buttons instead of a display, 

buddard
RE Developer

27 Feb 2015

Actually you can remote map display-only parameters as well, provided that the developer has made them remoteable of course! For example the mutes and velocities in Euclid. You can't right-click in the display to map them, but if you activate "Remote Override Edit Mode" you should see a bunch of arrows in the display. If you hover or right-click on each one you should see which parameter it corresponds to.

• Information